Linda Jean Córdova Carter
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Lynda lives with her husband Robert Altman in a gorgeous 20,000 square foot mansion, which is built in Georgian style in Potomac, Maryland.
Lynda Carter went to the Globe High School in Globe, Arizona. She later got enrolled at the Arcadia High School in Phoenix.
She then got admission at the Arizona State University. However, she dropped out of the university to focus on her music career.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Beauty pageant titleholder
- Father – Colby Carter
- Mother – Juanita Carter
- Siblings – Vincent Carter (Older Brother), Pamela Carter (Older Sister)
- Others – Elijah Vincent Carter (Paternal Grandfather), Doris Moss Slightam (Paternal Grandmother)
Lynda Carter is represented by Dorit Simone Management & Productions.
Soundtrack, Video games, Pop, Jazz
Epic Records, Potomac Productions
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lynda Carter has dated –
- Ron Samuels (1977-1982) – Lynda and her first husband Ron Samuels, a former talent manager were good friends for a very long time before they got married. It has been alleged that they didn’t get romantically involved until a couple of months before their marriage in 1977. They eventually decided to go separate ways in 1982.
- Robert Altman (1984-Present) – Carter and Robert Altman, who is a well-known lawyer, were introduced to each other by a mutual friend. In January 1984, she got married to him in a lavish wedding ceremony and moved to Washington to live with her new husband. In January 1988, she gave birth to a boy, James. They welcomed a baby girl, Jessica into their family in 1990.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Caucasian and Hispanic)
On her father’s side, she has Scots-Irish, German and English ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she is of French, Spanish, and Mexican descent.
- Green eyes
- Statuesque figure
Lynda Carter has served as a spokesmodel for the Maybelline cosmetics. Also, she has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- Lens Express contact lenses
- Maybelline Moisture Whip Lipstick
- Maybelline Mousse Makeup
- Maybelline Moisture Whip Moisturizer
- Google Chromebook (Her Wonder Woman footage was used)
- Diet 7 Up
Plus, she has been featured in print ads for the following brands –
- Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp
- Diet 7-Up soda
- Maybelline’s Performing Mascara
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Prince / Wonder Woman in the superhero action TV series, Wonder Woman. The show was originally broadcast on ABC and was later aired on CBS as well.
- Having won the Miss World USA beauty pageant in 1972 and finishing as a semi-finalist in the subsequent Miss World competition.
In May 1978, she released her debut studio album, Portrait.
In 1976, she made her theatrical film debut in the leading role in the crime drama flick, Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw.
First TV Show
In 1974, Lynda made her first TV show appearance in the Roots of Anger episode of crime drama TV series, Nakia.
Lynda Carter isn’t a fan of gym workout sessions. Instead, she prefers to go for more traditional and relaxing routines to keep herself fit. If the place she is living in rents bikes, she likes to hire one to cruise through the city. Otherwise, she prefers to put on good tennis shoes and walk around.
When it comes to diet, she likes to keep it simple and natural as well. If she is staying in a hotel, she absolutely stays away from snack bars and instead, orders a raw vegetable platter to soothe her hunger.
Lynda Carter Favorite Things
- Cities – Nashville
- Must-Have Travel Necessities – Shampoo, Conditioner, Sunscreen
- Travel Destinations – Myanmar and Tanzania
- Lipstick – Chanel Long Wearing Lipstick #7501, Dior Gloss, and Lipstick Queen in Medieval
- Beauty Peeve – False eyelashes
- Fragrance – Strange Invisible
Lynda Carter Facts
- Lynda had the reputation of performing stunts on her own in the TV series, Wonder Woman. In fact, for the Anschluss ’77 episode of season 2, she opted to hang from a chopper for the stunt.
- While studying in high school, she used to perform in multiple bands. She even joined hands with two of her cousins to start a music band, The Relatives at the age of 17.
- Her first big music gig was to perform for three months for the opening of the music show held at the Sahara Hotel in Las Vegas. As she was still under 21 years of age, she had to sneak in through the kitchen.
- Lynda has done a lot of social activism work for charities and foundations working for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which her mother suffered from.
- She has been a tireless advocate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, which is a not for profit organization that works to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer. It is the largest US organization for breast cancer-related causes.
- She is a supporter of LGBT community and was even hired to work as a Grand Marshall for several Pride parades.
- She annually hosts the Lynda Carter Golf Tournament to raise funds for the charity.
- She is a staunch Democrat party supporter and in the run-up to the 2016 Presidential Elections, she strongly endorsed Hillary Clinton, who also happens to be her good friend.
- She was initially cast in the role of Playboy Playmate Bunny in the 1979 movie, Apocalypse Now. However, the shooting was interrupted by a storm, which resulted in two months break and by the time shooting restarted, she had returned to the US to resume work on Wonder Woman, leading movie producers to delete her scenes and reshoot with Colleen Camp.
- In March 2008, she was placed on #3 spot on the list featuring Sexiest Women of TV by Wizard magazine.
- In June 2008, while rowing in the Potomac River in Washington, D.C., she found a body floating on the water. She informed some fishermen and waited there till the arrival of police and authorities.
- Once, the International Academy of Beauty and the British Press Organization voted her as the Most Beautiful Woman in the World.
- In 2008, she revealed that she had entered rehab in the past to take care of alcoholism. She also revealed that she had been sober for over a decade.
- Visit her official website @ lyndacarter.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by SportSuburban / Flickr / CC BY-2.0