|Malaika Firth Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Malaika Firth is a Kenyan-born British model who first gained popularity in 2013 when she became the first black model in 20 years to be booked to appear in a Prada advertising campaign. She has done modeling work for a variety of brands such as Kenzo, Valentino, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, Jean Paul Gaultier, Bottega Veneta, Fei Fei Sun, and many more. She has been featured on the cover of several magazines such as Vogue.
Fashion / Runway model
- Father – Eric
- Mother – Jecinta
Malaika Firth is signed to these modeling agencies –
- New York Model Management
- Priscillas Model Management
- Premier Model Management (Mother Agency)
- Women Management – Milan
- L.A. Models
- Oui Management
- Nathalie Models – Paris (2013 – 2014)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
Firth is of British, Seychelloise, Swiss, and Ugandan descent.
32-24-34 in or 81-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
Firth has modeled for brands like Burberry Prorsum, Asos, Prada, Victoria’s Secret, and others.
She is a Christian.
Malaika says that she goes to church every Sunday.
Best Known For
Walking in Victoria’s Secret fashion show in 2013.
First Fashion Show
Malaika debuted with the Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2012 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Katie Gallagher, Odilon, Porter Grey, and Rachel Zoe.
Malaika Firth Favorite Things
- City – New York
- Movie – Maid in Manhattan (2002)
- Model – Tyra Banks
Source – Vogue.it, Vogue.co.uk
Malaika Firth Facts
- Jourdan Dunn and Joan Smalls are her role models.
- After taking birth in Kenya, she moved to London, England at the age of seven.
- Since 1994, she is the first black model to be cast by Prada. Before her, it was Naomi Campbell. Due to this, she is sometimes compared to Naomi.
- Malaika’s family belongs to the group Giriama.
- She walked in Victoria’s Secret fashion show held in November 2013.
- If she weren’t into modeling, she would have tried her luck in acting.
- Malaika’s grandmother owns and runs a restaurant in Kenya.
- At seven, she relocated to Barking (in London), where she had also done theatre work.
- She is doing modeling since 2011.
- She describes her style as “funky, cool, edgy, rough”.
- She wants to start her own modeling agency in her home country Kenya.
- Malaika opted modeling as her career option after getting encouragement from her mom, who watched an episode of “The Model Agency”. Her mother fixed up a meeting between her daughter (Malaika) and Premier Model Management and as a result, she was signed.
- She likes to draw, act, and dance.