|Mallika Sherawat Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.75 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1976|
Mallika Sherawat is an Indian actress known for her diverse acting skills in popular films like Murder, Politics of Love, and Hisss. She has appeared in the TV commercials of popular brands like Santro, 7Up, and Hajmola. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 3 million followers on Twitter, and more than 3 million followers on Facebook.
Moth, Hisar district, Haryana, India
Mallika Sherawat went to the Delhi Public School, Mathura Road. After the completion of her education, she got enrolled at the Miranda House, Delhi University and graduated with a degree in philosophy.
- Father – Mukesh Kumar Lamba
- Mother – Sherwat Lamba
- Siblings – Vikram Lamba (Brother)
Mallika Sherawat is represented by Los Angeles-based Aka Talent Agency.
5 ft 4¾ in or 164.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mallika Sherawat has dated –
- Karan Singh Gill (2000-2001) – Before the launch of her acting career, she was married to airline pilot Karan Singh Gill for a brief period of time. She had kept her failed marriage secret for a long time and she initially refuted claims of her being previously married. However, after the media presented irrefutable proof of their marriage, she reluctantly accepted that they were married.
- Vijay Singh (2013-2014) – As part of her reality show The Bachelorette India, she started dating model and actor Vijay Singh towards the end of 2013. It was even claimed that they would get married once they get comfortable with each other’s company. However, by the end of 2014, Mallika had dumped him. Vijay claimed that she had waited for 1 year, which was specified in the contract of the show to dump him so that she won’t have any contractual problems later.
- Cyrille Auxenfans (2016-Present) – Mallika made her relationship with French businessman Cyrille Auxenfans public in March 2016 by sharing a picture of them on her Twitter account. They were in news in January 2018 after it was revealed that they had been evicted from their flat in Paris over the non-payment of their rent.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Haryanvi ancestry.
- High cheekbones
- Broad smile
Mallika Sherawat has appeared in TV commercials for
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the controversial drama movie, Murder.
- Having made appearances in the Hollywood movies such as Politics of Love and Hisss.
- Being featured in the popular songs such as Mayya Mayya, Razia Gundo Mein Phas Gayi, and Shalu Ke Thumkey.
In 2002, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic movie, Jeena Sirf Merre Liye. For her work in the movie, she was credited as Reema Lamba.
First TV Show
In 2005, Mallika Sherawat made her first TV show appearance as Sunehri on the comedy TV series, Sarabhai vs Sarabhai.
Mallika Sherawat regularly works out to keep her great figure in right shape. She likes to hit the gym for her strength training and cardio sessions. However, she doesn’t follow any specific workout plan for long and loves to mix it up. She likes to work with weights for her conditioning but she gives bodyweight exercises her attention as well.
For her cardio, apart from regular machines such as treadmills and stairclimbers, she also incorporates exercises and moves such as battling ropes in her workout sessions. She has also made kickboxing a part of her workout regime.
Over the years, she has also been one of the most vocal proponents of yoga. She often talks about the benefits of yoga on her social media accounts and also shows off her dexterity in executing the most difficult poses.
When it comes to nutrition, she relies on her vegan diet to nourish her body and to support her work in the gym. She has even tried to popularize veganism in India.
Mallika Sherawat Favorite Things
- Vegan Restaurant In LA – Cafe Gratitude
- Films – Sholay (1975), Silsila (1981), and Masoom (1983)
Mallika Sherawat Facts
- She is reported to be the first Indian woman to get an offer to pose naked for the prestigious Playboy magazine. However, she turned down the offer as she felt it would harm her Bollywood career.
- She decided to adopt “Mallika Sherawat” as her screen name before making her debut as a lead actress in Khwahish because, at that time, there were too many actresses with names such as Rimi Sen, Raima Sen, and Reema Sen that were close to her name, Reema Lamba.
- She was accepted as an Advisory Board member by the Asian Academy of Film and Television for her role in promoting film education in India.
- In September 2006, she was placed on the 4th spot by UK-based Eastern Eye magazine in the list featuring Asia’s Sexiest Women.
- Before she decided to give an acting career a try, she used to briefly work as an air hostess.
- In 2009, she was made an honorary citizen of Los Angeles by the Los Angeles City Council in a ceremony held to celebrate India’s Independence Day.
- When she started her film career, she claimed that she came from a very conservative small-town family and because of this very fact, she had to overcome a lot of problems. However, her family has rebutted her claims and have insisted that she only created this backstory to prop her career up.
- In 2013, she was made the central character of the reality TV show, The Bachelorette India.
- She has been made the ambassador for School for Justice, which is an NGO that works to prevent forced prostitution of young girls and bring the offenders to justice.
- She uses her mother’s maiden name ‘Sherawat’ in her screen name because of the support she got from her mother. Her father was not happy with her decision to join the film industry. Hence, she changed her last name.
- Visit her official website @ mallikasherawatwow.com.
Featured Image by Gary Singh / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0