|Mandy Rain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 0 in|
|Date of Birth||December 20, 1993|
Mandy Rain is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer, who became publicly known as part of a music group School Gyrls formed by Nick Cannon in 2008. The group fell apart in 2011, and Mandy Rain went on to pursue her solo career. Only a year later, in 2011, Empire Distribution record label signed Mandy, and her debut single, Boogie, was released. After a positive reaction of the audience, her solo career has gotten more successful, and on January 28, 2014, she self-released a single, Riot. The single would later be included on her extended play (EP) album, also titled Riot, released on January 7, 2015. Her music genre changed during her career, from pop and R&B as part of a group, to modernized boogie in her singles.
Mandy, Mandy Rain, Mandy Moseley
Hollywood, Florida, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Dancer
- Father – Mark Moseley (Comedian, Actor)
- Siblings – Matthew Moseley (Brother) (Dancer, Radio Host)
Mandy is represented by –
- Animal House Music (AHM)
- All Star Music LA
- Central Entertainment Group
Pop, Dance, Urban Pop, Pop Rock (early)
She has been signed to various labels throughout her career, such as –
- Teen Island
- N’Credible (2007-2010)
- Empire Distribution (2013-Present)
5 ft 0 in or 152.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mandy has dated –
- Justin Bieber (2009) – The two had an encounter in 2009 when Justin arrived at the movie set of a School Gyrls TV movie and had a cameo in it. He became an international star at that exact time, which boosted the movie ratings. Neither of them specifically confirmed nor denied that they were dating at the time. She mentioned in an interview for Relate Magazine in 2010 that people would ask her if she was dating him or not. Apart from that, Mandy has kept her dating life away from the public eye.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Blonde hair
- Curvaceous body
She has appeared in the Warner Bros Saturday morning block bumpers from 2005 to 2006.
Best Known For
- Starring in a Nickelodeon TV show named Star Camp in 2007
- Releasing hit singles such as Boogie in 2011, Riot and Dare to Love, both in 2014
- Being a part of a music ground School Girls, formed in 2008
Mandy’s first album as part of a music group had the same name as the group – School Gyrls and was released on March 23, 2010. It peaked at the number 118 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. She hasn’t released a debut studio album, but her EP Riot came out on January 7, 2015, featuring songs such as Riot, Dare to Love, Just Want to Love You, Back to Bad, and others.
Even though she wasn’t credited, her first appearance was in a movie Canvas in 2006, where she played a girl at a birthday party.
First TV Show
Her very first appearance on television was in 2006, on a show Dance Revolution created by CBS and DIC Entertainment. However, her first notable appearance was in Star Camp in 2007, where she appeared in 17 episodes of a TV show focused on making a superstar musical group.
Mandy Rain Favorite Things
- Singer – The Weeknd
- Activity – Swimming
- Emoji – Nuggets
- Movie Villain – The Joker from Batman
- Food – Pizza rolls, Buffalo Wings, Any Fried Food
- Ringtone – Kim Possible
- Movie – P.S. I Love You
- TV Shows – Catfish, Gossip Girl, Young & Hungry, Jane The Virgin
- Quote – “A lion doesn’t have to prove its a threat, you already know what a lion is capable of.”
- Book – The Outsiders
- Restaurant – Chipotle
- Song – Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift
- Sports Team – Boston Bruins
- Holiday Destination – Bora Bora
Source – SweetyHigh, NaludaMagazine
Mandy Rain Facts
- She got chosen to appear in Star Camp in 2007, along with seven other kids that would make a TV show about a superstar musical group named The Giggle Club. The group fell apart soon after the show ended, but Mandy was picked by Nick Cannon when she was 13, and he took her to various recording studios to record songs.
- After Nick Cannon heard her demo named Detention, he decided to make a musical group based on the song’s lyrics in 2008 and named it School Gyrls.
- Mandy’s musical group, School Gyrls, starred in a movie with the same name, released on Nickelodeon on February 21, 2010. Not long afterward, on March 23, 2010, they released their debut album which was self-titled. In a similar fashion, another movie was released on December 14, 2010, titled A Very School Gyrls Holla-Day. The second album followed soon after, with a holiday theme and the most prominent single, Going to the Mall.
- Her musical influences were Christina Aguilera, Ciara, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Janet Jackson and N-SYNC.
- She has been listed as one of twenty rising stars by TheWhosLookingList in for five months consecutively, from September of 2013 until February 2014.
- She has been on the list of Most Beautiful 30 Under 30 list by Ouch! magazine in October 2014.
- Mandy supported Best Friends Animal Shelter, The Big Help, and Jeans Bring Dreams, as well as various organizations that deal with people suffering from cancer. The reason for that is that her grandfather died of cancer.
- She communicated with her fans by a unique application for Android and iOS smartphone operating systems. It let her share exclusive information and content with her biggest fans, away from her social media.
- Mandy said that social media presence was very important in her career, as it gives her a way to communicate with her fans and friends.
- When asked if she would do anything over again, she said that she wouldn’t and that it shaped her into the person she is.
- She described her music as a trendsetter, bright, and happy.
- Mandy said in an interview that her biggest achievement was being a positive role model for the people of the next generation.
- Her favorite fashion designers were Wildfox, Go Jane, and Dolls Kill.
- Despite being released on August 6, 2014, the music video for Riot song from her EP album was quickly deleted from her YouTube channel for unknown reasons.
- Mandy released a cover of Justin Bieber’s song, Mistletoe, via her SoundCloud page, on December 1, 2014.
- The music video for Just Want to Love You from Riot EP was supposed to be released on Valentine’s Day in 2015, but was never published.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, SoundCloud, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Mandy Rain / Instagram
Mandy rain catfashed me on a texts