Marcia Anne Cross
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
Marcia Cross went to the Marlborough High School and graduated in 1980.
She then got admission at the Juilliard School on a half scholarship from where she graduated with a BFA in acting in 1984.
In 1997, she got enrolled at the Antioch University Los Angeles. She graduated from the University in 2003 with a master’s degree in psychology.
- Father – Mark Cross (Personnel Manager) (Died in 2021)
- Mother – Janet Cross (Teacher)
- Siblings – Susan Cross (Older Sister), Ellen Cross (Younger Sister)
Marcia Cross is represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marcia Cross has dated –
- Hugh O’Connor (1984-1985) – Marcia was reported to be going out with actor Hugh O’Connor towards the end of 1984 and the start of 1985. They had grown close while working in 1985 TV movie, Brass.
- Richard Jordan (1988-1993) – Cross got in a relationship with actor Richard Jordan in 1988. Richard (died on August 30, 1993) was 25 years older than Marcia. However, the age difference didn’t matter to them until brain cancer robbed her of his love. By the start of 1993, it was found that he had a tumor in his brain. And, by August 1993, he had passed away. Marcia remained with him till the very end.
- Mark Harelik (1999) – Marcia was linked up with actor Mark Harelik in 1999. It was rumored that they had grown close during her stint as a guest star in the TV series, Boy Meets World. She and Mark, who was also making a guest appearance were cast as husband and wife.
- Tom Mahoney (2006-Present) – Marcia got married to stockbroker Tom Mahoney in June 2006 in a lavish ceremony in Pasadena. They were already dating for 6 months before getting married. Just after their marriage, Marcia opted to go for “in vitro fertilization” (IVF) process. In February 2007, she gave birth to twin daughters, Savannah and Eden. They had to endure a scare in 2009 as Tom was diagnosed with cancer in January. However, they managed to pull through and by mid-2010, he had recovered.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish and English ancestry.
- Red Hair
- Sharp facial features
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Marcia has appeared in TV commercials for –
- 7Up Plus (appeared alongside her Desperate Housewives co-star Nicollette Sheridan) in 2005.
- Mott’s Apple Juice and Mott’s Medley Juice
- Albert Bartlett’s Frozen Rooster Potatoes.
She has been featured in print adverts for
- QVC Shopping Channel
- Olay (launched in association with American Society for Dermatologic Surgery).
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Bree Van de Kamp in the ABC TV series, Desperate Housewives from 2004 to 2012.
- Having played the role of President Claire Haas in the ABC crime thriller series, Quantico.
In 1990, Marcia made her first film appearance in a supporting role in the thriller movie, Bad Influence.
First TV Show
In 1984, Marcia made her TV show debut in the mystery series, The Edge of Night.
Marcia Cross relies on yoga to keep her figure in stunning shape despite her advancing years. If she has some time, she loves to head out to a yoga retreat to recharge her batteries and to rejuvenate her body.
Apart from yoga, she also likes to head to the gym. Walking and hiking are some other physical activities, she enjoys. Overall, she doesn’t have a regimented workout routine but she is very aware of benefits of regular exercise.
When it comes to diet, she focusses on eating lots of protein and salads form an important part of her daily dietary intake. She also loves frozen yogurt and animal crackers. If she feels that she is gaining weight, she cuts bread out of her diet. While shooting, she fixes her hunger pangs with turkey slices and some pickle.
Marcia Cross Favorite Things
- Charity – Panzi Hospital in East Congo
Source – IMDb
Marcia Cross Facts
- In 2005, the VH1 placed her on the 28th position in the list featuring The 40 Hottest People Over 40.
- Marcia has been suffering from headaches caused by migraines since the age of 14. The pain from a migraine is so severe that it lasts almost for a day without proper medication.
- Marcia has worked as a spokesperson for the GlaxoSmithKline’s migraine medication and has often claimed that their medication has helped manage her migraine problem.
- In 2006, she was ranked 91st by the People’s magazine in the list featuring 100 Most Beautiful People in the World. She was included in the similar list in 2008 as well.
- Marcia was offered the role of Madeleine White in the crime drama, Inside Man. However, her work commitments with television series Desperate Housewives made it difficult for her to give dates to the movie.
- She was called in to audition for the role of Eden Capwell in Santa Barbara. However, she got nervous and left the audition room well before the audition started.
- After the end of the TV series, Desperate Housewives, she took a break from acting in 2012. She returned to TV screen about 3 years later with a supporting role in ABC sitcom, Quantico.
- Follow her on Twitter and Facebook.