|Marcia Cross Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1962|
Marcia Cross is an American actress who is known for having been cast in a variety of shows in roles like Kimberly Shaw in the Fox prime time soap opera Melrose Place, Bree Van de Kamp-Hodge in the ABC mystery comedy-drama series Desperate Housewives, Dr. Linda Abbott in The WB drama series Everwood, Claire Haas in the thriller drama seires Quantico, Skyler Samms in the musical drama series Monarch, Victoria Broyelard in the CBS prime time soap opera Knots Landing, and Principal Cowher in the comedy-drama series Youth & Consequences. In addition to that, her film credits include George Washington II: The Forging of a Nation, Bad Influence, Female Perversions, Bringing Up Bobby, All the Way to the Ocean, Just Peck, The Last Days of Frank and Jesse James, All She Ever Wanted, M.A.N.T.I.S., Dancing in September, Target Earth, Just Temporary, Brass, Stephen King‘s Golden Tales, Storm and Sorrow, Mother’s Day, Living in Fear, Ripple, The Wind Effect, Bank, The Secret of Karma, and Fatrick.
Marcia Anne Cross
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Marcia Cross went to Marlborough High School and graduated in 1980.
She then got admission to the Juilliard School on a half scholarship from where she graduated with a BFA in acting in 1984.
In 1997, she got enrolled at Antioch University Los Angeles. She graduated from the University in 2003 with a master’s degree in psychology.
- Father – Mark Cross (Personnel Manager) (Died in 2021)
- Mother – Janet Cross (Teacher)
- Siblings – Susan Cross (Older Sister), Ellen Cross (Younger Sister)
- Others – Lambert William Cross (Paternal Grandfather), Katherine Josephine Silk (Paternal Grandmother), Leo Francis Slamin (Maternal Grandfather), Amanda Marie Sevigny (Maternal Grandmother)
Marcia Cross has been represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $30 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marcia Cross has dated –
- Hugh O’Connor (1984-1985) – Marcia was reported to be going out with actor Hugh O’Connor towards the end of 1984 and the start of 1985. They had grown close while working in the 1985 TV movie, Brass.
- Richard Jordan (1988-1993) – Cross got into a relationship with actor Richard Jordan in 1988. Richard (who died on August 30, 1993) was 25 years older than Marcia. However, the age difference didn’t matter to them until brain cancer robbed her of his love. By the start of 1993, it was found that he had a tumor in his brain. And, by August 1993, he had passed away. Marcia remained with him till the very end.
- Mark Harelik (1999) – Marcia was linked up with actor Mark Harelik in 1999. It was rumored that they had grown close during her stint as a guest star in the TV series, Boy Meets World. She and Mark, who was also making a guest appearance were cast as husband and wife.
- Tom Mahoney (2006-Present) – Marcia got married to stockbroker Tom Mahoney in June 2006 in a lavish ceremony in Pasadena. They were already dating for 6 months before getting married. Just after their marriage, Marcia opted to go for the “in vitro fertilization” (IVF) process. In February 2007, she gave birth to twin daughters, Savannah and Eden. They had to endure a scare in 2009 as Tom was diagnosed with cancer in January. However, they managed to pull through and by mid-2010, he had recovered.
Race / Ethnicity
Marcia Cross is of Irish, French-Canadian, Welsh, and English descent.
- Red Hair
- Sharp facial features
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
6 (US) or 3.5 (UK) or 36.5 (EU)
Marcia has appeared in TV commercials for –
- 7Up Plus (appeared alongside her Desperate Housewives co-star Nicollette Sheridan) in 2005.
- Mott’s Apple Juice and Mott’s Medley Juice
- Albert Bartlett’s Frozen Rooster Potatoes.
She has been featured in print adverts for
- QVC Shopping Channel
- Olay (launched in association with the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery).
Best Known For
- Being cast as Bree Van de Kamp in the ABC TV series, Desperate Housewives from 2004 to 2012. This role won her the Satellite Award in the “Best Actress in a Television Series (Musical or Comedy)” category in 2006.
- Having played the role of President Claire Haas in the ABC crime thriller series, Quantico.
In 1990, Marcia made her first film appearance in a supporting role in the thriller movie, Bad Influence.
First TV Show
In 1984, Marcia made her TV show debut in the mystery series, The Edge of Night.
Marcia Cross relies on yoga to keep her figure in stunning shape despite her advancing years. If she has some time, she loves to head out to a yoga retreat to recharge her batteries and rejuvenate her body.
Apart from yoga, she also likes to head to the gym. Walking and hiking are some other physical activities, she enjoys. Overall, she doesn’t have a regimented workout routine but she is very aware of the benefits of regular exercise.
When it comes to diet, she focuses on eating lots of protein and salads form an important part of her daily dietary intake. She also loves frozen yogurt and animal crackers. If she feels that she is gaining weight, she cuts bread out of her diet. While shooting, she fixes her hunger pangs with turkey slices and some pickles.
Marcia Cross Favorite Things
- Charity – Panzi Hospital in East Congo
Source – IMDb
Marcia Cross Facts
- In 2005, the VH1 placed her in the 28th position in the list featuring The 40 Hottest People Over 40.
- Marcia has been suffering from headaches caused by migraines since the age of 14. The pain from a migraine is so severe that it lasts almost for a day without proper medication.
- Marcia has worked as a spokesperson for GlaxoSmithKline’s migraine medication and has often claimed that their medication has helped manage her migraine problem.
- In 2006, she was ranked 91st by People’s magazine in the list featuring 100 Most Beautiful People in the World. She was included in a similar list in 2008 as well.
- Marcia was offered the role of Madeleine White in the crime drama, Inside Man. However, her work commitments with the television series Desperate Housewives made it difficult for her to give dates to the movie.
- She has been an advocate for open discussions about HPV infection, which can cause cancers of the anus, cervix, ovary, penis, and throat.
- Along with Milla Jovovich, Spencer List, Rory Cochrane, and Bill Pullman, she co-starred as Mary in the 2011 comedy-drama film Bringing Up Bobby.
- She was called in to audition for the role of Eden Capwell in Santa Barbara. However, she got nervous and left the audition room well before the audition started.
- After the end of the TV series, Desperate Housewives, she took a break from acting in 2012. She returned to the TV screen about 3 years later with a supporting role in the ABC sitcom, Quantico.
- Marcia was diagnosed with anal cancer in the past. In September 2018, she revealed that she had been in remission for almost 8 months after getting treatment for anal cancer.