|Maria Taylor Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 12, 1987|
Maria Taylor is an American analyst and TV host, best known for her hosting roles for SEC Network and ESPN covering college football, volleyball, and basketball. Prior to 2012, she worked for IMG College as a host and reporter, while in 2013 she became a sideline reporter for ESPN, and most notably worked on covering the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament. Maria joined the SEC Network in 2014 and replaced Samantha Ponder as a reporter and host of the ESPN’s College GameDay. On October 8, 2019, Maria was also named the new host of ESPN’s NBA Countdown.
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
Maria attended the Centennial High School in Roswell, Georgia, United States, and graduated in 2005. After she received an athletic scholarship, Maria enrolled in the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia, United States. She attended its Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication and graduated in 2009 with a degree in broadcast news.
Maria also returned to the University of Georgia to earn her master’s degree in business administration in May 2013.
Analyst, TV Host
- Father – Steve Taylor
- Mother – Suzette Taylor
- Siblings – Steve Taylor Jr. (Brother), Vanna Taylor (Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maria Taylor has dated –
- Rodney Blackstock (2014-Present) – Maria met the former sports player for the UNC Greensboro team, later Director of Sports Marketing at Q4 Sports, in September 2014. Rodney and Maria finally got married on May 5, 2019, at the oceanfront location named Hilton Sandestin in Destin, Florida, United States.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
Maria Taylor has endorsed brands such as –
- BCBG Max Azria
- Tadashi Shoji
- Ann Taylor
- Chiara Boni La Petite Robe
- SPANX by Sara Blakely
- STUART WEITZMAN
- Jay Godfrey NYC
- Karen Millen
- Alice + Olivia by StaceyBendet
She is also the co-founder of the Winning Edge Leadership organization with Corinne Milien.
Maria Taylor Favorite Things
- Bible Verse – Ephesians 2:10
Source – Twitter Bio
Maria Taylor Facts
- She was a successful basketball player during high school and also started playing volleyball during college.
- During her college basketball success, her coaches would often not even acknowledge her and talk to men instead. Maria made a decision that if they weren’t going to shake her hand, she would shake theirs because she knew her own value and importance.
- She was such a good journalism student during college that one of her professors, David Hazinski stated that he didn’t even know she was an athlete at all. In his words: “She asked for no favors and earned her status.”
- Maria stated that her “life has been made” when she finally met the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama in February 2019.
- Maria prepared for her hosting role in NBA Countdown, which she gained in October 2019, by talking to people such as Adrian Wojnarowski and Doris Burke and reading the Bobby Marks bible for front office insiders.
- During one of her 2019 draft interviews, a basketball player named Zion Williamson started crying. She knew him for a year already and expected euphoria and excitement but ended up almost crying herself.
Featured Image by Cmilien86 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0