|Martinus Gunnarsen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 2002|
Martinus Gunnarsen is a Norwegian singer and songwriter who is best known for being one-half of the brotherly dance-pop duo Marcus & Martinus (occasionally known as M&M). The duo’s discography consists of albums, extended plays, and tracks like Hei, Plystre på deg, Du, Soon, Together, Moments, To dråper vann, Leah, Smil, Elektrisk (ft. Katastrofe), Bae, Alt jeg ønsker meg, Without You, Ei som deg (with Innertier), Girls (ft. Madcon), I Don’t Wanna Fall in Love, Heartbeat, One Flight Away, Light It Up (ft. Samantha J), One More Second, Belinda (ft. Álex Rose), Go Where You Go, Like It Like It (ft. Silentó), Make You Believe in Love, First Kiss, Invited, Dance with You, Never (ft. Omi), Love You Less, Remind Me, Pocket Dial, Feel (with Bruno Martini), and It’s Christmas Time.
He has studied at the Grane barne-og ungdomsskole.
Singer and Songwriter
- Father – Kjell-Erik (School Teacher)
- Mother – Gerd Anne Gunnarsen
- Siblings – Marcus (Older Twin Brother) (Singer, Songwriter), Emma (Younger Sister) (Singer)
Martinus has been managed by business manager Marte Schei from anti.as.
His tour manager has been Eirik GJessing from appreciate.no.
His social media manager has been his father, Kjell-Erik Gunnarsen.
Leif Ribe, Sony Music Norway
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
He is Norwegian.
- His mole over his lips
- His swanky hairstyles
Best Known For
- Being a part of the pop group M&M, comprising of him and his brother
- He is also famous for his single, ‘Elektrisk’ which became the most popular song in Norway in 2015
His debut album, Hei, which was released on February 23, 2015.
He lent his voice to the 2017 movie, Elias og Storegaps Hemmelighet.
First TV Show
He first appeared in a musical game show, Beat for Beat in 2013. Four singers appear in every episode of the show, and they have to sing a song with a given word, one by one, all the words are revealed and a phrase is formed. If the singer guesses and sings the song related to the phrase, then he wins.
His workout includes basic warm-up exercises like push-ups.
Martinus Gunnarsen Favorite Things
- Food – Tacos
- Animal – Dog
- Song Sung By Him – Bae, Together
- Song For Another Artist – Cake by the Ocean
- Color – Red
- Fruit – Banana and watermelon
- Festival – Christmas
- Snack – Swedish Candy
- Drink– Aloe vera juice
- Emoji – The red heart
- Place – Trofors
- Social Media – Instagram
- Celebs – Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo, and Les Twins
- Mobile Game – Angry Birds
- Film – San Andreas (2015)
- Country – Norway
- YouTuber – F2Freestylers
- Family Member – Dad
- Subject – English and Sports
- Shoes – Supra
- Dance Duo – The French duo, Les Twins
- Festival – Christmas
- Footballer – Eden Hazard
Martinus Gunnarsen Facts
- He wrote his first song at the age of 9.
- Martinus creates music on his Mac but says his home studio is even better.
- He follows football religiously and supports Chelsea.
- He can play the piano a little bit.
- Martin says he is a perfectionist who gets more stressed than his twin. He does not like it when unexpected things happen on stage.
- Martin says chocolates are his weakness.
- He has appeared on the cover of many magazines such as Teenage Girl Magazine (Greece), Posterbook Magazine (Croatia), and OK magazine (Croatia).
- They have won the ‘Spellemann of the Year’ award for being the pop group of the year, and the Melodi Grand Prix Junior competition. They have also won the arets-nordlending 2017 award.
- Martinus’s prestige became worldwide, and he got international acclaim when M&M performed their songs, ‘Without You’ and ‘Bae’ at the Nobel Peace Prize.
- His dad makes him have a lot of tea to make sure his voice does not get hoarse.
- His first single, To dråper vann (“Two Drops of Water” after translating to English), was released in 2012. Their first English song was “Girls with Madcon”.
- Visit his official website @ marcusandmartinus.com.
Featured Image by Martinus Gunnarsen / Instagram