|Matt Stell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1984|
Matt Stell is an American country music singer, guitarist, as well as a songwriter who shot to fame after he released his song Prayed for You in 2019, which accumulated more than 45 million digital streams and amassed more than 4 million views on its music video. His song got him the RIAA “Gold” Certification on September 16, 2019. He has released several other singles such as Everywhere but On (2019), EPs like Last of the Best (2018) and albums including The Sound and the Story in the past.
Matthew Neal Stell
Center Ridge, Arkansas, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
He attended Drury University in Springfield, Missouri. After college, he enrolled for a master’s degree in communications at the University of Arkansas.
Singer, Guitarist, Songwriter
- Mother – Lisa Todd
He is represented by Ash Bowers.
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sophie LeBlanc (2014-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Tall stature
- Cleft chin
Matt Stell Favorite Things
- Hobby – Sports and outdoors in general, Playing golf, Betting on golf, Reading
- Keeps Him Grounded – His group of friends in Arkansas who make fun of him via group texts
Matt Stell Facts
- He taught himself to play guitar and sing while he was in college. He used to moonlight at local spots under a fake name after his basketball practice.
- In his college days, he got inspired by artists whose songs had lyrics that read like stories such as Randy Travis and Bonnie Raitt and Matt’s own words began to be loved by music lovers in singles like Whiskey Baby and Small Town Love which reached the number 1 position on the Texas Radio chart for Casey Donahew.
- A medical mission trip to Haiti had motivated him to go for a post-baccalaureate premedical program to complete pre-med coursework. He had applied to the “Extension School part-time Pre-Med” program at Harvard University and he was selected. The program was to begin in 2014 but just before that he got an offer to sign a publishing deal with Wide Open Music, and he gave preference to music over beginning the pre-med program.
- Matt has stated that he tries to be as real as possible and his focus is always to convey some kind of truth in his work.
Featured Image by Matt Stell / Instagram