|Matt Stonie Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|May 24, 1992
Matt Stonie is an American competitive eater, YouTuber, and social media influencer who rose to fame in 2015 when he won the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, the famed annual American competition, by defeating the 8-time defending champion, Joey Chestnut. He had eaten 62 hot dogs in 10 minutes at the event, 2 more than Joey. As a competitive eater, he has set and broken numerous world records; and was ranked, as of August 2020, as the number 3 competitive eater in the official rankings by Major League Eating. He also runs a self-titled YouTube channel where he primarily posts eating challenge videos and where he has amassed more than 13 million subscribers. He is popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 80k followers on Twitter and more than 400k followers on Instagram.
Matthew Kai Stonie
San Jose, California, United States
San Jose, California, United States
Matt had graduated from the Evergreen Valley High School in his hometown of San Jose. He had then studied nutrition at Mission College, a community college in Santa Clara, California.
Competitive Eater, YouTuber, Social Media Influencer
- Father – Dorian Stonie
- Mother – Cathy Stonie
- Siblings – Morgan Stonie (Younger Brother)
He is represented by Nick Brotman, Manager, Night Media, Social Media Talent Management Agency, Dallas, Dallas County, Texas, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
He is of Japanese, Czechoslovakian, and Lithuanian descent.
- Slender frame
- Affable smile
- Sports a mullet and often wears a bandana
- Has a mole near his left eyebrow
Matt, on social media, has promoted and endorsed brands such as –
- Honey Science Corp.
- Dollar Shave Club
Matt Stonie Favorite Things
- MrBeast Burger – Chris Style Burger
Source – YouTube
Matt Stonie Facts
- He had never intended to enter the world of competitive eating. He just used to join eating competitions in college looking for free food and the opportunity to win some prizes to supplement his finances. It was only once he started winning some rewards that he gave serious thought to making a career out of competitive eating.
- He then made his Major League Eating debut in 2011 at the Stockton Deep Fried Asparagus Championship in Stockton, California. At the age of 18, he was the youngest participant ever at a Major League Eating event. His first major competitive eating win, had, however, come a year earlier, in 2010, when he had won a lobster roll eating contest in New Hampshire.
- In September 2013, he had created a world record by finishing 10.5 lbs Yogurtland Frozen Yogurt in just 6 minutes at the Phantom Gourmet Food Festival. The following year, in July 2014, he had created another world record by downing 43 Slugburgers in a mere 10 minutes at The World Slugburger Eating Championship.
- His nickname, Megatoad, is a combination of his massive appetite and the mushroom-like humanoid animated character called Toad from the Super Mario video game franchise.
- He is passionate about music and adept at playing the guitar. He has often stated that he would become a musician once he gives up on competitive eating.
- In January 2021, Matt ate the entire menu on MrBeast Burger in 10 minutes and 23 seconds. Matt’s entire order was 1 Beast Style Burger, 1 Chandler Style Burger, 1 Chris Style Burger, 1 Chicken Sandwich, 1 Spicy Chicken Sandwich, 1 Karl’s Grilled Cheese, 1 order of seasoned fries, 1 order of Beast Style Fries, 1 bottle of water, 1 can of Pepsi, and 6 cookies. He had also ordered 1 extra patty for each burger.
Featured Image by Matt Stonie / Instagram