|Max Verstappen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 30, 1997|
Max Verstappen is a Dutch professional racing driver who became the youngest ever (17 years, 166 days) to compete in the Formula One Championships when he took part in the 2015 Australian Grand Prix. He also became the youngest driver and the first Dutch to win a Grand Prix race when he triumphed at the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix in his debut for the Red Bull Racing team at the age of just 18.
Max Emilian Verstappen
Mad Max, Crashstappen
Hasselt, Limburg, Belgium
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Max’s formal education took a backseat as he began karting from the age of 4 and was involved in motorsports ever since.
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Johannes Franciscus “Jos” Verstappen (Former Professional Formula One Racing Driver)
- Mother – Sophie Kumpen (Former Kart Racer)
- Siblings – Victoria Verstappen (Younger Sister) (Racing Driver)
- Others – Anthony Kumpen (Second Cousin) (Racing Team Manager, Former Endurance Racer), Blue Jaye (Younger Half-Sister), Jason (Younger Half-Brother)
He is represented by Raymond Vermeulen, Personal and Business Manager.
Formula One Teams
Max has raced for –
- Scuderia Toro Rosso (2014-2016)
- Red Bull Racing (now known as Aston Martin Red Bull Racing)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Max has dated –
- Sabre Cook (2014)
- Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky (2015-2016)
- Joyce Godefridi (2016)
- Roos Van Der Aa (2017)
- Maxime Pourquie (2017)
- Dilara Sanlik (2017-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Dutch ancestry on his father’s side and has Belgian ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Freckled face
- Has a mole on his lips and one near his eyebrows
- Side-cropped hair
- Lean physique
Max has endorsed brands such as –
- TAG Heuer
- Aston Martin
- G-Star Raw
He has been sponsored by –
- Jumbo Supermarkets
- Red Bull
He has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Ziggo Sports
- Sport1 TV Network
Max Verstappen Favorite Things
- Sport – Kart Racing
- Movie Genre – Comedy
- Footballer – Johan Cruyff
- Beverage – Soda, Fizzy Soft Drinks
- Video Game Franchise – FIFA
- Gaming Console – PlayStation
- Fictional Superhero Characters – Iron Man, Spider-Man
Source – F1
Max Verstappen Facts
- He has a Belgian mother and a Dutch father. He was brought up in the Belgian cities of Bree and Maaseik but decided to compete professionally with a Dutch racing license as he spent comparatively more time with his father in his formative years.
- Max began karting at the age of just 4, competing in the Mini Junior championship in Limburg, Belgium. In 2007, he won the Dutch Minimax Championship in a kart produced by his father. In 2009, he won the Flemish Minimax championship and the Belgian KF5 championship.
- Max progressed to international karting in 2010 and finished in the 2nd position at the KF3 World Cup. In 2013, he won the European KF and KZ championships as well as the 2013 World KZ championship in KZ1, the highest karting category.
- His car racing debut came in 2014 when he took part in the Formula 3 Championship for Van Amersfoort Racing and finished the season in 3rd place, winning 10 races.
- Max started competing in Formula One at the age of 17 years and 166 days and was without a road driver’s license for more than half of his debut season. He eventually earned his license once he turned 18.
- He won the FIA’s (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile) “Personality of the Year” award for 3 successive years, from 2015 to 2017, and the “Rookie of the Year” award in 2015.
- Max was honored with the prestigious annual Lorenzo Bandini Trophy in 2016, which is awarded to celebrate commendable performances in motorsport.
- During the 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix, Max was in a position to win the event after having overtaken drivers such as Kimi Räikkönen, Sebastian Vettel, Valtteri Bottas, and Lewis Hamilton. He was, however, hit by Force India driver Esteban Ocon and the collision caused Max to finish in 2nd place. Upset over the incident, he got into a heated argument with Esteban after the race and physically pushed him. As a consequence of his unruly behavior, Max was penalized with 2 days of public service by the FIA.
Featured Image by Morio / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0