|Megalyn Echikunwoke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1983|
Megalyn Echikunwoke is an actress known for appearing in popular TV shows and films like CSI: Miami and The 4400. She played the role of Mari McCabe / Vixen in the Arrowverse. She has a mild social media fan base with more than 50k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Spokane, Washington, United States
Information about Megalyn Echikunwoke’s formal education isn’t available.
- Father – Onigwe Versato Echikunwoke
- Mother – Anita Laurie Tolman
- Siblings – Misty Echikunwoke (Sister), Miki Echikunwoke (Brother)
- Others – Little Tolman (Maternal Grandfather), Aletha Jane Smith (Maternal Grandmother)
Megalyn Echikunwoke is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Megalyn Echikunwoke has dated –
- Patrick Fugit (2012-2014) – Megalyn started going out with actor Patrick Fugit in 2012. They dated for about 2 years before going separate ways in 2014. During the course of their relationship, they were spotted on a number of red carpet events.
- Bradley Cooper (2013) – In the summer of 2013, Megalyn was linked with actor Bradley Cooper after they were spotted on an alleged workout date at the Soul Cycle in Brentwood.
- Chris Rock (2015-Present) – Megalyn was first reported to be going out with actor and comedian Chris Rock in February 2016 after they were spotted getting close at the Clive Davis’ 40th annual pre-Grammy Awards gala. After the event, she shared a picture of them together at the event on her Instagram and referred to Rock as her valentine. In September 2016, it was widely reported that they had got engaged as she was seen at the public events with a ring on her finger. She refuted engagement reports by revealing that she was wearing a pearl ring, not a diamond one.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Igbo Nigerian ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she is of German, English, and Irish descent.
- Slim and toned figure
- Prominent chin
Megalyn Echikunwoke has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Teen Vogue
- Los Angeles Times
- Amref Health Africa
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Tara Price in the police drama TV series, CSI: Miami.
- Having played the role of Isabelle Tyler in the sci-fi drama TV series, The 4400.
- Having played the role of Mari McCabe / Vixen in a number of TV series and web series set in the Arrowverse universe.
In 1999, Megalyn made her theatrical film debut in the drama movie, Funny Valentines.
First TV Show
In 1998, Megalyn Echikunwoke made her first TV show appearance in the sci-fi thriller TV mini-series, Creature.
Megalyn Echikunwoke relies on her dance style workout sessions to keep herself in the perfect shape. She usually hits The Sweat Shop for her dance routines. At this studio, she is trained by Ryan Heffington. She also maintains an active lifestyle to keep herself on her toes. She loves to go swimming and often indulges in other beach activities.
Megalyn Echikunwoke Favorite Things
- Vacation Destination – Havana, Cuba
- Weekend Getaways – Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort in San Luis Obispo
- Hotels – Sanitarium in San Luis Obispo, Hotel Unique in Sao Paulo, and The Goldeneye Hotel and Resort in Jamaica
- Cities – New York City, Corsica, Bastia, New Orleans, Barcelona, Amsterdam
- Guilty Pleasure On The Road – Tequila
- Restaurants – La Esquina in New York City, Lobster Trap at Montego Bay, and Via Veneto in Santa Monica
Source – Chicago Tribune
Megalyn Echikunwoke Facts
- Her paternal grandfather was a Nigerian tribal chief. Her last name translates to ‘leader of men’.
- In her teens, she went to an arts-oriented summer camp. She was discovered by a Hollywood agent at the camp.
- She was still in her teens when she got her first acting gig in the TV mini-series, Creature.
- Megalyn had been originally asked to audition for the role of Jeannie in the House of Lies. However, the producers felt she was better suited for the role of April and asked her to audition again.
- In 2008, she established W.E.A.P.O.N., which is a nonprofit organization that aims to empower women and girls through education and arts in Africa.
- Although she doesn’t have Navajo ancestry on either of her parents’ side, she was raised on a Navajo Indian Reservation in Chinle, Arizona.
- Before the 2008 US Presidential Election, she did extensive campaigning for the Democratic candidate Barack Obama. She even went on a winter tour of college bars and campuses in Iowa to register new college voters for the election.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Megalyn Echikunwoke / Instagram