|Megan Phelps-Roper Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 31, 1986|
Megan Phelps-Roper is an American inspirational personality, author, blogger, and former spokesperson of the Westboro Baptist Church. She became a member of the church since the day she was born as her grandfather was a pastor of the church. Her beliefs in the preachings of hatred towards uncommon cultural development were quite strong. Her doubts took over when she took charge of the WBC Twitter profile to protest on social media and was confronted by other religious congregations. She was so devastated that she left her home and began to criticize the church for their false beliefs and unconventional preaching. Her story has made a big impact on actor Morgan Freeman and several other celebrities.
Topeka, Kansas, United States
Megan graduated from Washburn University in Topeka, with a degree in the field of Law. Later, she began working at a family owned law firm.
Former Spokesperson at Westboro Baptist Church, Author, Blogger, Actress
- Father – Brent Roper
- Mother – Shirley Phelps-Roper (Lawyer, Former Spokesperson at Westboro Baptist Church)
- Siblings – Grace Phelps-Roper (Sister), Luke Phelp-Ropar (Brother), Noah Phelps-Roper (Brother), Joshua Phelps-Roper (Brother), Rebekah Phelps-Roper (Sister), Zach Phelps-Roper (Brother), Samuel Phelps-Roper (Brother), Isaiah Phelps-Roper (Brother), Gabriel Phelps-Roper (Brother), Jonah Phelps-Roper (Brother)
- Others – Catherine Idalette Johnston (Maternal Great Grandmother), Fred Wade Phelps (Maternal Great Grandfather), Fred Wade (Grandfather) (Founder of Westboro Baptist Church), Nathan Phelps (Uncle) (Author, Public Speaker)
Megan is represented by Charles Yao of The Lavin Agency.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Megan has dated –
- Chad Fjelland (2014-Present) – Megan met her husband Chad after she formed a mutual alliance with the Jewish blogger. The couple started privately messaging each other in February 2011. Then in 2014, just a couple of months after Megan had left the Westboro cult, she went on a date to Omaha with Chad and it was there that they fell in love with each other. Then on August 15, 2016, the couple got married at the beautiful Halsnøy Island in Norway.
Race / Ethnicity
She has lost faith in Christianity and does not practice any religion anymore.
Best Known For
Being a former member of the Westboro Baptist Church and for breaking free from their ways of preaching and picketing
First TV Show
Megan made her TV show debut on The Howard Stern Show in 2003.
Megan Phelps-Roper Facts
- As children, her brothers and sisters were isolated from the world.
- She spent most of her childhood as a front line picketer for every protest that the WBC held against different races of the society.
- Her mother Shirley is forbidden to ever enter into the United Kingdom.
- Megan was sent to study law at the same university, where her grandfather Fred Phelps had graduated from in 1964.
- Apart from Megan and her sister Grace, 2 more siblings have left the cult in the past. In 2014, according to reports from Capital Journal, Megan’s brother, Zach Phelps had left.
- She and Lauren Drain Kagan were both members of the Westboro Baptist Church who chose to leave.
- She is the niece of Nathan Phelps, a public influencer, and son of the founder of Westboro Baptist Church.
- In 2017, according to The Kansas City Star, actress Reese Witherspoon wanted to produce a feature film based on the life of Megan Phelps-Roper titled This Above All.
- In 2013, when Megan and her sister left the cult, their family had cast them out of their lives forever leaving the two to fend for themselves.
- Her life changed after she tried to prompt her beliefs of hatred on Twitter and was convinced that WBC’s preaching was unruly by a Jewish man named David Abitbol.
- On more than one occasion, there had been attempts of murder on Megan’s mother. In one such incident, she was nearly shot by a sniper.
- In January 2017, Megan spoke about her life as a member of WBC in front of the world on TED Talks.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Medium.
Featured Image by Megan Phelps-Roper / Instagram