|Melinda Clarke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1969|
Melinda Clarke is a well-known American actress who shifted to Los Angeles at the age of 18 to pursue her career as an actress. She got her big breakthrough after she was cast as Faith Taylor in one of the longest-running scripted TV shows, Days of Our Lives, in 1989. She has since appeared in a number of movies and TV shows like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, The Vampire Diaries, The O.C., Spawn, and Entourage.
Melinda Patrice Clarke
Dana Point, California, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Melinda went to Dana Hills High School, Dana Point, California. She also attended the drama club of her school and was a regular participant in various school productions as well.
- Father – John Clarke (Actor) (He was one of the original cast members of the show, Days of Our Lives.)
- Mother – Patricia Lewis (Ballet Dancer)
- Siblings – Joshua (Brother), Heidi (Sister) (She died in 1994 due to a heart tumor.)
- Others – William Martin Lewis (Maternal Grandfather), Grace Elizabeth White (Maternal Grandmother)
Melinda Clarke is managed by Innovative Artists and MGMT Entertainment.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melinda had dated –
- Ernie Mirich (1996-2005) – Melinda Clarke started dating actor Ernie Mirich in 1996. The couple soon got married on June 28, 1997, and actress Charlotte Ross was one of her bridesmaids. She then gave birth to a daughter named Kathryn Grace around the year 2000. After staying married for around 8 years, the duo separated in 2005.
- Adam Farmer (2013-Present) – In 2013, Adam and Mindy’s budding love life started to grow as they began dating each other. In September 2015, after having dated for over a year, the couple tied a knot in California.
Race / Ethnicity
Clarke has English, Swedish, Irish, German, and Scottish ancestry along with some distant French and Dutch roots.
She often dyes her hair with ‘blonde’ highlights or in ‘red’.
- Red hair
- Prominent nose
Melinda has done endorsement work for brands like CoverGirl cosmetics.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Faith Taylor in the soap opera, Days of Our Lives, from 1989 to 1990
- Her role as Julie Cooper in the Fox drama series, The O.C.
Mindy made her feature film debut as Monica in the comedy film, Hot Under the Collar, in 1992.
First TV Show
In 1989, Melinda made her first TV show appearance as Faith Taylor in the daytime soap opera, Days of Our Lives.
John MacLaren, the founder of Elite Fitness Training Systems in L.A., has been the celebrity trainer to Melinda.
Melinda Clarke Facts
- Melinda is a well-trained soprano.
- She was initially considered for a role in the 2002 film, Die Another Day.
- She was chosen to play the role of Maggi in the film, The Hitcher II: I’ve Been Waiting (2003). However, she declined the offer.
- For the supernatural drama series, The Vampire Diaries, Clarke had initially auditioned for the role of Kirsten Cohen. However, it was later played by actress Kelly Rowan and Clarke was cast as Kelly Donovan.
- She has her 2 toy action figures, one based on her character Jessica Priest from Spawn (1997) and the other based on her character Amazon Velasca from the series, Xena: Warrior Princess (1995).
- Clarke is not fond of being cast in horror movies.
- In 1994, she won the Fangoria Chainsaw Award in the Best Actress category for her performance in Return of the Living Dead 3 (1993).
- Mindy has also appeared in the music video for Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman? by Bryan Adams.
- In 2003, she gave her voice as Sofia Ivanescu for the action-adventure video game, Mission: Impossible – Operation Surma.
- Along with her The O.C. co-star Rachel Bilson, Melinda started a podcast in 2021 titled Welcome to the OC, Bitches.
Featured Image by Gordon Correll / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0