|Melissa Fumero Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1982|
Melissa Fumero is an American actress, voiceover artist, and director who is known for her television roles like playing Amy Santiago in the police procedural sitcom Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Adriana Cramer in the ABC soap opera One Life to Live, Zoe in The CW teen drama Gossip Girl, Eva in the HBO anthology series Room 104, Carmen Reyes in the CBS drama series The Mentalist, April in the Comedy Central sketch-variety show Important Things with Demetri Martin, Brooke in the USA Network comedy-drama series Royal Pains, and Estrellita in the sitcom One Day at a Time. Apart from that, she has also been cast in movies such as I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, Tiny Dancer, A Stone in the Water, The House That Jack Built, Descent, and DriverX.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
Melissa Fumero went to the Tisch School of the Arts at the New York University. In 2013, she graduated from the University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Director
- Siblings – She has a brother.
Melissa Fumero has been represented by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth was $4 Million in 2020.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa Fumero has dated –
- David Fumero (2005-Present) – Melissa started dating her husband David Fumero in 2005. They had met while working on the TV series, One Life to Live. After dating for nearly 2 years, they got married in December 2007. Post marriage, she decided to bin her last name and adopt her husband’s surname for her stage as well as a legal name. On March 24, 2016, she gave birth to the couple’s first child, son Enzo. Their 2nd son Axel was born on February 14, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
On her mother’s as well as on her father’s side, she has Cuban ancestry.
Big Brown Eyes
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Melissa has been seen in the commercials on –
- GOTV (Get Out The Vote)
Best Known For
- Being cast as Adriana Cramer in the drama TV series, One Life to Live
- Playing the role of Amy Santiago in police drama sitcom, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
In 2007, Melissa made her first film appearance in an uncredited role in the thriller movie, Descent.
Her first credited work was in the independent comedy flick, I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell in 2009.
First TV Show
From 2004 to 2011, Melissa appeared in the drama soap opera, One Life to Live as Adriana Cramer.
Melissa Fumero isn’t a fan of sticking to one workout routine for long. She tends to get bored with her workouts, so she often goes for new workout trends. The one workout she has stuck with for a long time is yoga. She has been practicing yoga on and off since she first started it in college.
She has also signed up for different barre workout classes. She has given eclectic workout classes such as stand-up paddleboarding a try as well. Plus, she is a big fan of outdoor workouts. If she has free time, she likes to explore new hiking trails or cycling routes. In case, she has a busy schedule or wants to go easy, she goes for light jogging and walking.
Regarding diet, she focuses on eating clean, which means little or no processed food. However, she struggles to keep her sugar intake to a minimum as she is fond of having coffee while shooting. She also focuses on drinking a lot of water.
Her typical diet plan is like this –
- Breakfast – Greek yogurt with homemade granola and berries.
- Lunch – Brown rice with fried egg and avocados
- Dinner – Roast chicken with roasted carrots and sweet potatoes and caramelized onions with a glass of red wine.
Melissa Fumero Favorite Things
- Brunch Restaurant – Sycamore Kitchen in Los Angeles
- Lunch Restaurant – Cuban Crafters in Miami
- Dinner Restaurant – Becco in New York City
- Cities For Food – New York City and Montreal
- New York City Restaurants – Becco, Lido, Bad Horse Pizza, Boqueria and Coffee Shop in Union Square
- TV Shows – Breaking Bad (2008-2013) and Homeland
Melissa Fumero Facts
- For her audition for the role in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, the directors asked her to do an improv with Andy Samberg. When she found out that she was hired, she collapsed on the floor and cried.
- She learned that she had bagged the role of Adriana Cramer in the TV series, One Life to Live, just hours after taking her final college test. She was on a bus to her parent’s house in New Jersey when she received the call.
- The creators of One Life to Live initially wanted Dorian to pretend that Adriana was her daughter. However, after noticing the resemblance between Melissa and Robin Strasser, they decided to make Adriana, Dorian’s biological daughter.
- Since her childhood, she has taken dance classes and is quite a capable dancer.
- After filming the pilot episode, she was afraid that she might be dumped out of the Brooklyn Nine-Nine lineup. As she and her co-star Stephanie Beatriz both were Latinas, she was sure that they won’t hire two Latinas.
- She was in her later stages of pregnancy while shooting for the fourth season of the TV series, Brooklyn Nine-Nine. She gave birth to her son about five days after the wrap-up of the shoot.
- For her role in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, she received the 2015 NHMC Impact Award for “Outstanding Achievements and Contributions to the Positive Portrayals of Latinos in Media” and was nominated for the Imagen Awards in the “Best Supporting Actress – Television” category in 2015, 2016, and 2019.
- She provided vocals to the character of Antonia in the Disney Channel computer-animated adventure series, Elena of Avalor, from 2019 to 2020.
- She voiced Melissa Tarleton, M.O.D.O.K.’s 17-year-old daughter who shares her father’s appearance, in the stop motion adult animated television series titled M.O.D.O.K. in 2021.
- In 2021, design expert Nate Berkus made lots of changes to Melissa’s Los Angeles-based home’s kitchen and bathroom so that it aligned with her worldly style.