|Mukesh Khanna Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1958|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mukesh Khanna is an Indian actor, voice actor, director, talk show host, writer, and producer. He is best known for playing Shaktimaan in the DD National superhero show Shaktimaan (1997-2005) as well as for his portrayal of Bhishma in the Hindi-language epic television series Mahabharat (1988-1990). Over the years, Mukesh Khanna has also been a part of various other shows including Chandrakanta, Chunni, Waqt Batayega Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya, The Great Maratha, Yug, Vishwamitra, Ssshhhh…Koi Hai, Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara, Aryamaan – Brahmaand Ka Yodha, Ehsaas, Vishwaas, Mahayodha, Kal Hamara Hai, The Mukesh Khanna Show, and Waaris. Moreover, he has also been cast in movies like Hera Pheri, International Khiladi, Salma Pe Dil Aa Gaya, Money Back Guarantee, Rajadhi Raja, Krishna Aur Kans, Chal Chalein, Hanuman, Dhana 51, Gang, Plan, Mission Mumbai, Khauff, Policewala Gunda, Raja, Nazar Ke Samne, Veer, Maidan-E-Jung, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Pathreela Raasta, Betaj Badshah, Aao Pyar Karen, Saudagar, Kundan, Shaktimaan, and Amaanat.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mukesh Khanna attended St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai and then trained at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Talk Show Host, Writer, Producer
- Siblings – Ved Khanna (Died in 2018) (Older Brother) (Actor, Producer), Kamal Kapoor (Older Sister)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Often wears glasses
Mukesh Khanna Facts
- In 1991, he co-starred as Gagan Singh in the Hindi-language drama film Saudagar.
- From 1997 to 2005, Mukesh Khanna was seen as Pandit Gangadhar Vidyadhar Mayadhar Omkarnath Shastri/Shaktimaan in the Hindi-language superhero television show Shaktimaan. The show became one of the most popular and longest-running television series for Indian children on the Doordarshan channel.
- He played Bismillah (Devraj’s guardian) in the 1999 action drama film International Khiladi.
- Mukesh Khanna appeared as Inspector Prakash Mathur in the 2000 Hindi-language comedy film Hera Pheri, starring Suniel Shetty, Akshay Kumar, Tabu, and Paresh Rawal.
- From 2012 to 2013, he was cast in the recurring role of Purushottam “Puru” Deewan in the drama television series Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara. This role got him nominated for an Indian Telly Award in the “Best Actor in a Supporting Role” category in 2013.
- Mukesh Khanna provided vocals to the character of Akroor in the 2012 Hindi Flash-animated film Krishna Aur Kans.
- He previously served as the chairperson of the Children’s Film Society India.
- He founded an entertainment company named Bheeshm International.
- For his remarks that compared women who ask for s*x to “s*x workers”, the chairperson of the Delhi Commission for Women asked the Delhi Police to file an FIR against the actor in 2022.
Featured Image by Vaikoovery / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0