|Nancy Jewel McDonie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nancy Jewel McDonie is a South Korean singer, actress, and dancer who is known for being the lead vocalist, lead dancer, visual, center, and maknae of the girl group, Momoland, which was formed via the 2016 reality show, Finding Momoland. The group has amassed a massive fan following and has released several tracks, EPs, and albums like Welcome to Momoland, Freeze!, Great!, Fun to the World, JJan! Koong! Kwang!, Wonderful Love, I’m So Hot, and Show Me while it has also won a number of awards which include Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Golden Disc Award, Japan Gold Disc Award, Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Melon Music Award, and Seoul Music Award. Nancy Jewel McDonie grew up in Ohio, United States and started acting and singing at a very young age. She has been cast in various shows such as Hangul Train Chipo, Thumb Light, I Am The Actor, Nangam School, Pops in Seoul, and Mak Irae Show.
Nancy Jewel McDonie
Aenaen, Jonaensi, Spinach
Daegu, North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
Nancy Jewel McDonie studied at Hanlim Multi Art School which is located in Seoul, South Korea and graduated from there in the year 2018.
Singer, Actress, Dancer
- Father – Richard Jowel McDonie
- Mother – Lee Myeong-ju
- Siblings – Brenda (Older Sister) (Cellist)
Nancy Jewel McDonie is represented by MLD Entertainment, Record label, South Korea.
K-Pop, Dance, Electropop, Nu-Disco
MLD Entertainment, Kakao M
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has described her ideal type as someone who is very dignified and goal-oriented.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
Nancy Jewel McDonie has American roots on her father’s side and is of Korean descent on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often dyes her hair in lighter shades.
- Charming smile
- Deep-set eyes
- Pouty lips
Best Known For
- Being a member and the lead vocalist, lead dancer, visual, center, and maknae of the girl group, Momoland, formed by MLD Entertainment. The other members of the popular group are Hyebin, Yeonwoo, Jane, Nayun, JooE, Kim Taeha, Daisy, and Ahin
- Having released a number of singles, EPs, and albums, as a part of Momoland, which include the likes of Welcome to Momoland, Freeze!, Great!, Fun to the World, and Show Me
- The single titled Bboom Bboom which gained massive popularity as it was released by Momoland on January 3, 2018, via Dublekick Company as a part of the EP Great!. It was ranked at number #2 in the Gaon Digital Chart as well as in K-pop Hot 100 chart, at number #4 in Oricon Singles Chart, at number #9 in Billboard Japan Hot 100, and at number #4 in the Billboard charts, and was also certified ‘Platinum’ by KMCA.
As a Singer
Being a member of Momoland, Nancy Jewel McDonie has released a large number of songs and EPs along with her groupmates such as Welcome to Momoland, Freeze!, Great!, Fun to the World, JJan! Koong! Kwang!, Wonderful Love, I’m So Hot, and Show Me.
Nancy Jewel McDonie maintains a healthy physique by leading an active life and by indulging in exercise routines whenever possible.
Nancy Jewel McDonie Favorite Things
- Food – Foods with cheese and mint chocolate flavor
- Color – Burgundy (Former), Blue
Nancy Jewel McDonie Facts
- Her Korean name was Lee Seung-ri. However, she later changed that to Lee Geu-roo and confirmed the news on May 9, 2019.
- She was raised in Ohio, United States alongside her sister.
- Nancy Jewel McDonie started acting and modeling at a very young age.
- She was nicknamed ‘Spinach’ when she was a child.
- She has also been a part of Nega Network as a trainee.
- Amongst the Momoland members, Nancy Jewel McDonie is the youngest one and, still, has the most training years, which amount to a total of 6 years.
- She has been cast in the web music drama series, Thumb Light.
- She was also cast in a leading role in the 2nd season of Tooniverse’s Nangam School.
- Nancy Jewel McDonie has appeared in several music videos by various music artists which include her appearances in Stand by Me by SNUPER and Dangerous by MC Gree.
- She has also been a part of the music group named Sunny Girls, along with GFriend‘s Eunha, WJSN‘s Cheng Xiao, Oh My Girl‘s Yooa, and Gugudan‘s Nayoung.
- In 2016, she appeared on the Mnet reality girl group survival show, Finding Momoland, and wrapped up her journey by securing the first position.
- Nancy Jewel McDonie is bilingual and can speak both Korean and English. However, she has a stronger hold over Korean.
- As a dancer, she was a member of a hip hop dance group named Cutie Pies and the group also auditioned for the reality television show, Korea’s Got Talent. In 2011, they competed as semi-finalists on the show.
- She has also worked as the hostess for the show, Pops in Seoul.
- Nancy Jewel McDonie enjoys her leisure time by watching movies and singing Disney OSTs.
- She shares a friendly bond with KNK‘s Seungjun, Myteen‘s Yuvin, as well as LOONA‘s Hyunjin.
- She used to share a room with her Momoland groupmate, JooE.
- She takes inspiration from the American singer and actress, Krystal Jung.
- Often, Nancy Jewel McDonie is described as the wink fairy of the group as she has the ability to wink repeatedly and alternately.
- She was ranked at number #18 in TC Candler “The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2018” list.
- As a member of Momoland, she has won a number of awards such as Asia Model Award in the “New Star Singer” category, Asia Artist Awards in the “Rising Star Award” and “Best Icon – Music” categories, Gaon Chart Music Award in the “World Rookie Award” category, Golden Disc Award in the “Digital Bonsang” category for Bboom Bboom, Japan Gold Disc Award in the “Best 3 New Artist (Asia)” category, Genie Music Award in the “Dance Track (Female)” category for Bboom Bboom, Mnet Asian Music Award in the “Discovery of the Year” category, and Korea Popular Music Award in the “Bonsang Award” category.
- Nancy Jewel McDonie has appeared in a variety of shows such as Hangul Train Chipo, I Am The Actor, and Mak Irae Show.
- She lives by the saying “Do not lose the opportunities you receive.”.
- Follow Nancy Jewel McDonie on Spotify.
Featured Image by Windy’s_Day / Tistory.com / CC BY 4.0