|Netta Barzilai Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 22, 1993|
|Boyfriend||Ilan Ben Or|
Netta Barzilai is an Israeli singer, looping artist, and recording artist who rose to fame after winning the 5th season of HaKokhav HaBa and the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 for her country with her song Toy.
Hod HaSharon, Israel
Netta studied at the Hadarim High School in Hod HaSharon.
She started attending the Rimon School of Jazz and Contemporary Music, where she had been pursuing a degree in electronic music until she chose not to complete it.
Singer, Looping Artist, Recording Artist
- Siblings – She has 2 brothers.
Vocals, Guitar, Synthesizer, Loop
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Netta has dated –
- Ilan Ben Or
Race / Ethnicity
She has Maghrebi Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her father’s side.
She prefers to dye her hair in shades of green, pink, and purple.
- She has a beauty spot in the center of her forehead and near her right eye.
- Asian eyes
She has appeared in the commercials for various brands such as Netflix and PartnerTV.
Netta Barzilai Facts
- She was brought up in Tel Aviv alongside her brothers.
- Netta was 3 months old when her family relocated to Nigeria, where she spent the first 4 years of her life. While there, she picked up the rhythm of African lullabies that were sung to her by an African nanny.
- She spent a year of service as a volunteer at the paramilitary Nahal before joining the Israel Defense Forces. At the time of her navy service completion, Netta was a member of the Israeli Navy Band.
- Her father is an engineer who worked for the company Solel Boneh in the past.
- In high school, Barzilai was an elected councilor for the youth movement HaNoar HaOved VeHaLomed.
- She has performed her hit song Toy in several cities such as Zurich, Madrid, Tel Aviv, Cologne, and Haifa at several Pride Parades in the past. Aside from that, she is an icon amongst the Israeli gay community.
- Netta auditioned for season 5 of HaKokhav HaBa in September 2017, with the hit song Rude Boy by Barbadian singer and songwriter Rihanna. Later, she went on to win the contest with a mashup song of Gangnam Style by Psy and Tik Tok by Kesha.
- On June 25, 2020, Netta released her extended play Goody Bag that included the hit singles Bassa Sababa and Toy.
Featured Image By Zahari Baharov / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0