|Carlos PenaVega Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1989|
Carlos PenaVega is an American actor, singer, producer, dancer, and voiceover artist who has played a variety of roles in projects like Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide, ER, The Penguins of Madagascar, Killing Hasselhoff, Summerland, Judging Amy, The Loud House, The Casagrandes, Instant Mom, Enchanted Christmas, A Midnight Kiss, The Loud House Movie, Yak: The Giant King, and Little Birds. Moreover, Carlos has also been a member of Big Time Rush, a pop music boy band formed in 2009, which also included Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, and Logan Henderson. With the boy band, he released albums and tracks like Elevate, BTR, 24/Seven, Til I Forget About You, Music Sounds Better with U (featuring Mann), Like Nobody’s Around, and Windows Down.
Carlos Roberto Peña Jr.
Los, CP, Carlitos, CPV
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Carlos attended Sagemont Upper School in Weston, Florida. He also went to American Heritage School in Plantation, Florida but left it to make his career in acting and singing.
Pena also attended a performing arts conservatory called Boston Conservatory in Boston, Massachusetts.
Actor, Singer, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Dancer
- Father – Carlos Pena, Sr.
- Mother – Margarita Pena,
- Siblings – Andres Pena (Brother), Javi Pena (Brother), Antonio Pena (Brother)
Carlos Pena has been signed with –
- Gregg Edwards Management
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Pop, Dance, R&B, Latin Pop
Vocals, Tambourine, Guitar, Ukulele, Piano
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Carlos PenaVega has dated –
- Chelsea Ricketts (2003-2010) – From 2003 to 2010, Carlos dated his childhood friend, actress Chelsea Ricketts.
- Samantha Droke (2010-2012) – In June 2010, he started dating actress Samantha Droke. After dating for about two years, the couple called it quits in June 2012.
- Alexa PenaVega (2012-Present) – In November 2012, Carlos started dating actress Alexa PenaVega. In September 2013, they got engaged, and in January 2014, the couple married each other in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The couple has 3 children – son Ocean King PenaVega (b. December 2016), son Kingston James PenaVega (b. June 2019), and daughter Rio Rey PenaVega (b. May 7, 2021). In November 2023, it was revealed that they were expecting their 4th child together.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Spanish and Venezuelan ancestry on his father’s side while he is of Dominican descent on his mother’s side.
Best Known For
- Playing Carlos García in the Nickelodeon series Big Time Rush from 2009 to 2013
- He is also known for being a member of the band, Big Time Rush.
As a Singer
With the band, he released his first album BTR on October 11, 2010, via Columbia Records. The album peaked at #3 in Us Billboard 200 and received the certification of “Gold.” They were able to sell more than 500,000 copies in the US.
As a solo artist, he released his first single “Electrico” in Spanish on February 4, 2014.
In 2012, Carlos Pena, Jr appeared in Big Time Movie, a film adaptation of the Big Time Rush TV series for his role as Carlos Garcia.
First TV Show
In 2004, Carlos appeared in NBC’s medical drama television series ER for his role as Arlo Escobar in just 1 episode.
He works out and has a buffed body. His workout includes lots of dancing.
Carlos eats a balanced diet while drinking lots of water – very important. He drinks an amino acid mixed drink called a purple drink.
Carlos PenaVega Favorite Things
- Food – Potato made foods like French fries, etc., fish
- TV Show – Modern Family (2009-Present), The Walking Dead (2010-Present)
- Number – 14
- Flower – Rose
- Sandwich Filling – Salami
- Book – Into The Wild (By Jon Krakauer)
- Color – Purple
- Fruits – Mango, plums
- Movie – The Usual Suspects (1995)
- Body Part – Teeth
- Superhero – Hulk
- Animal – Monkey
- Band – Train
- Sport / Hobby – Hockey, Scuba Diving
- Football Team – The Miami Dolphins
Source – Wikia.com
Carlos PenaVega Facts
- Carlos was born in Columbia (Missouri) but grew up in Weston (Florida).
- He served as a cheerleader while in school.
- From 2004 to 2005, he was cast in the recurring role of King Bee in the Nickelodeon live-action sitcom, Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide.
- After marrying Alexa Vega, Carlos Pena, Jr changed his name to Carlos PenaVega. Similarly, Alexa changed it to Alexa PenaVega.
- In 2015, he participated in the reality singing contest Dancing with the Stars, where he was partnered with Witney Carson. His wife Alexa PenaVega also competed in the same season on the DWTS. She was partnered with choreographer, Mark Ballas.
- Pena has a dog (German Shepherd) named Sydney. He also has two cats, named, Zira and Zero
- He played the character named Pedro in the 2017 action comedy film, Killing Hasselhoff, starring Ken Jeong, David Hasselhoff, Jim Jeffries, and others.
- Carlos is friends with actress Ashley Tisdale.
- He had his first kiss at the age of 13 with a girl named, Nandy Alvarez who was from Mexico.
- He co-starred as Diego Rojas in the family comedy-drama television series, Life Sentence, in 2018.
- He has a black belt in taekwondo.
- In 2019, he started providing vocals to the character of Bobby Santiago in the Nickelodeon animated comedy series, The Casagrandes, which is a spinoff of The Loud House.
- He has hosted Nickelodeon’s children’s game show Webheads.
- In October 2022, it was revealed that Carlos and Alexa PenaVega had signed a multi-picture deal with Hallmark.