|Ngô Thanh Vân Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 26, 1979|
|Eye Color||Fark Brown|
Ngô Thanh Vân is a Vietnamese actress and singer who is best known for portraying roles such as Tâm in Saigon Love Story, Võ Thanh Thúy in The Rebel, Mantis in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, and Quynh in The Old Guard. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Da 5 Bloods, Furie, The Tailor, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Project Runway Vietnam, and Bước nhảy hoàn vũ. As a singer, she has released albums like Lovers’ Garden, Tears of Angel, Mystery of the Moon, and many more.
Ngô Thanh Vân
Veronica Ngo, NTV, NTV Virus
Trà Vinh, Vietnam
Actress, singer, model, dancer, and director
- Siblings – She has two older sisters.
Ngô Thanh Vân is represented by Vietnam Artist Agency (VAA). In fact, Ngo had founded the talent agency in 2009.
Pop, alternative rock, R&B, dance
Twins Dolphin Production
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ngô Thanh Vân has dated
- Johnny Tri Nguyen (2007-2011) – According to reports, Ngo started going out with actor Johnny Tri Nguyen in 2007. They had reportedly grown close while working in the movie, Dong Mau Anh Hung (The Rebel). Although Johnny was married to Cathy Viet Thi, the rumors of them being a couple were incessant in the Vietnamese press. Then, in 2008, Johnny separated from his wife. This led to a huge scandal as Ngo was slammed by some tabloids and the general audience for playing a key role in the dissolution of Johnny’s marriage. They eventually made their relationship public. Their relationship lasted for a couple of years after being made public. In the summer of 2011, the rumors of them having been separated started swirling around. Ngo had allegedly started going out with someone else. They eventually released a statement confirming that they were no longer together. But they insisted that their separation was temporary as they wanted to give it a try. But they failed to make it work.
- Patrick Nguyen (2011) – In June 2011, Ngo was rumored to be going out with Patrick Nguyen, who is a fitness instructor and martial artist. It was rumored that Ngo’s cozy equation with Patrick had led to the end of her relationship with Johnny.
- Jordan Vogt-Roberts (2017) – In the early months of 2017, Ngo was reported to be dating American director Jordan Vogt-Roberts, who is best known for having directed Kong: Skull Island. The dating rumors were sparked by his social media activity as he shared her picture on multiple occasions. Also, they were hanging out together during his trip to Vietnam.
- Huy Trần (2022-Present) – In March 2022, Ngo got engaged to businessman Huy Trần. The couple tied the knot on May 7, 2022, in Da Nang.
Race / Ethnicity
Ngô Thanh Vân has appeared in a TV commercial for Samsung Smart TV.
She has also done a lot of digital promotions by using her strong social media reach.
Best Known For
- Having released several popular and successful music albums.
- Being cast in leading roles in commercially successful movies such as Dong Mau Anh Hung (The Rebel) and Ngoi Nha Bi An / Suoi Oan Hon (The Haunted House).
- Having played an important supporting role in the international martial arts movie, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, which has stars such as Donnie Yen, Michelle Yeoh, and Jason Scott Lee in the leading roles.
- Being cast in the role of Paige Tico in the sci-fi action movie, Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
In 2003, she released her debut solo studio album, The Gioi Tro Choi.
However, a year before, she had released her first music work, which was a duet album with Tuan Hung and was titled as Vuon Tinh Nhan (Lovers’ Garden).
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut in a supporting role in the drama movie, Saigon Love Story.
First TV Show
In 2002, Ngô Thanh Vân made her first TV show appearance in the TV drama, Huong De – TFS.
Ngô Thanh Vân regularly works out to keep her body in perfect shape. She works out in the gym regularly and her fitness regime is a mixture of conditioning and strength training for which she relies on bodyweight exercises such as pushups and pull-ups. She also has included elements of weight training in her workout routine.
She also focuses on working her core with exercises such as hanging crunches on the punching bag. For her lower body, she relies on simple bodyweight exercises such as lunges and squats. She has also added martial arts training and practice to her workout routine.
Ngô Thanh Vân Facts
- She has been very vocal about her support for same-sex relationships and has blasted prejudice directed towards homosexuality.
- In 2010, she participated in the Vietnamese version of the dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars. She managed to win the debut season of the popular show.
- When she was 10 years old, her family decided to move to Norway. She later moved back to Vietnam to pursue a career in modeling and entertainment industry.
- After returning to Vietnam, she participated in a beauty competition organized by Women’s World magazine in 1999. She managed to finish as second runner-up in the competition.
- The beauty pageant helped her start her modeling career as she started getting assignments to model for calendars and magazines.
- Ngô Thanh Vân eventually got in touch with music producer Quoc Bao, who helped her start her career as a pop singer and dancer in 2002.
- She played a key role in helping her agency VAA in creating a five-member boy band known as 365daband. She was also at the forefront of the promotional campaign launched for the band.
- She first got international exposure with her role in the English-language action TV series, Rouge which was quite popular in South East Asia. The show was also broadcasted in the United States and Australia.
- She won the best actress award in 2007 at the Vietnam Film Festival for her impressive work in the movie, Haunted Manor.
Featured Image by Ngô Thanh Vân / Instagram