|Nicky Romero Quick Info
|6 ft 1 in
|Date of Birth
|January 6, 1989
Over the years, Nicky Romero has earned fame for being one of the most popular DJs and remixers. His skills and abilities have helped him collaborate with established music artists such as Rihanna, Britney Spears, and David Guetta. Some of his songs such as Toulouse and I Could Be the One have also sold millions of copies worldwide.
Nick Rotteveel van Gotum
Nicky Romero completed the final semesters of his education in France.
DJ, Record Producer, Musician, Remixer
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Nicky Romero is represented by –
- Kamil Kwiatkowski of Unfolded PR
- Jordan Dettmer of BRND Management
- Mac Clark, Maria May, Jen Hammel, and Phil Quist of Creative Artists Agency
EDM, Electro House, Progressive House, Future Bass
Keyboard, Mixer, Synthesizer, Logic Pro
Protocol, Toolroom, Cr2, Spinnin’ Records, Revealed Recordings
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nicky Romero has dated –
- Nathalie den Dekker (2015-2016) – In April 2015, Nicky Romero was first linked with the international model, Nathalie den Dekker, who was crowned as Miss Universe Netherlands in 2012. It was claimed that they had been dating since the start of the year. Eventually, they made their relationship public in May as she shared a picture of them together on Instagram, followed by some flirting on Twitter. In January 2016, it was reported that they had decided to separate and the breakup was confirmed by Romero’s representatives as well.
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong and defined jawline
- Tattoos of music notes on his arms
Best Known For
- The immense popularity of his single, I Could Be One, which managed to reach the top of music charts in the UK and the album has also been featured in top 5 of Australia and Sweden’s charts and was certified ‘3x Platinum’ by ARIA.
- Having collaborated with leading DJs such as Fedde le Grand, Tiësto, David Guetta, Sander van Doorn, Calvin Harris, Armand Van Helden, Avicii, and Hardwell
In October 2016, he released his first compilation album, Nicky Romero Best 2016.
In 2015, Romero made his theatrical film debut in the drama movie, We Are Your Friends, which had Zac Efron, Emily Ratajkowski, and Wes Bentley in leading roles. However, his appearance in the movie wasn’t credited.
First TV Show
In 2012, Nicky Romero made his first TV show appearance on the music TV series, Electronic Spotlight.
Nicky Romero Favorite Things
- Music Artists – Timbaland, Rudimental, Michael Jackson, Rihanna, Chris Martin, Calvin Harris
- Video Game – GTA 5
Source – The Arcadia Online
Nicky Romero Facts
- While growing up, he wanted to become an editor.
- In 2012, DJ Mag placed him on the 17th spot in their annual Top 100 DJs poll which was the highest rank a newcomer had achieved. The following year he managed to progress to the 7th position.
- Romero started his career by signing a record deal with Once Records and soon released his singles, Privilege and Qwerty.
- He got his first mainstream breakthrough after his single, My Friend, managed to reach No. 4 at Beatport worldwide overall chart.
- In the summer of 2012, Nicky Romero was given joint residency with David Guetta at the party hot spot, Ibiza.
- He has started his own weekly radio show, Protocol Radio.
- In May 2012, he started his own record company under the label of Protocol Recordings. The initial success of the record label was fueled by the release of Romero’s music.
- Through Protocol Recordings, he has worked with successful music artists such as Hardwell, Calvin Harris, and NERVO.
- In his December 2015 interview with Billboard, Romero opened about his battle with anxiety. He also revealed that his music output had been severely affected by his mental struggles.
- In August 2014, he collaborated with EDM lifestyle brand Electric Family to create a collaboration bracelet. The proceeds from the sales of the bracelet were donated to the F*ck Cancer foundation.
- Visit his official website @ nickyromero.com.
- Follow Nicky Romero on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Soundcloud.
Featured Image by Ruben Ortega / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0