|Nicole Power Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|November 24, 1989
Nicole Power is a Canadian actor, producer, and stage artist who is best known for playing the role of Shannon Ross in the television sitcom Kim’s Convenience as well as in its spin-off series Strays. In addition to that, she has also been a part of a number of other projects which include the likes of Nocturne Falls, The Toll, Private Eyes, Christian & Nat, Let’s Get Merried, Pattern, Designing Christmas, The Drop, Glamorous, and Something Undone.
Nicole Penney Power
St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nicole Power enrolled at Memorial University of Newfoundland (also known as Memorial University or MUN), a public research university located in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. She attended the university for a year and then moved to Ontario where she joined Sheridan College‘s Musical Theatre program and Second City’s Conservatory.
Actor, Producer, Stage Artist
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note – Nicole Power got married in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Nicole Power Facts
- Nicole uses she/her pronouns.
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Middle Cove.
- She has been a member of Soulpepper Theatre Academy.
- Along with Paul Sun-Hyung Lee, Jean Yoon, Andrea Bang, Simu Liu, and Andrew Phung, Nicole Power co-starred as Shannon Ross (the manager of Handy Car Rental who is Jung and Kimchee’s boss and has a crush on Jung is often awkward in her attempts to appear cool and hip) in the television sitcom Kim’s Convenience from 2016 to 2021.
- For her performance in Kim’s Convenience, she was nominated in the “Best Supporting or Guest Actress, Comedy” category at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards and in the “Best Supporting Actress, Comedy Series” category at the 8th Canadian Screen Awards.
- Nicole Power was seen as Clara in the 2020 thriller film The Toll, starring Jordan Hayes and Max Topplin.
- She appeared as Jema in the short drama film Nocturne Falls in 2020.
- She was cast as CJ in the romantic comedy-drama television film Let’s Get Merried in 2021.
- Nicole Power starred as Shannon Ross in the television sitcom Strays from 2021 to 2022. A spin-off of Kim’s Convenience, the show’s lead cast also included Frank Cox-O’Connell, Tina Jung, Nikki Duval, Kevin Vidal, Tony Nappo, Paula Boudreau, and Emily Piggford. Nicole also served as a consulting producer for the show.
- From 2022 to 2023, she was cast as Officer Puddester in the drama mystery thriller television series Something Undone.
- She appeared as Lara in an episode titled Monolith of the comedy television series The Drop in May 2023.
- In 2023, Nicole Power started playing the recurring role of Mykynnleigh (a corporate consultant hired by another cosmetics company interested in acquiring Madolyn’s company) in the comedy-drama television series Glamorous. The show stars Kim Cattrall, Miss Benny, Jade Payton, Zane Phillips, Michael Hsu Rosen, Ayesha Harris, and Graham Parkhurst.
- Nicole Power’s stage credits include having been cast in productions of West Side Story, Bonnie and Clyde, Legally Blonde, La Cage aux Folles, Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead, Evangeline, and The Charlottetown Festival’s production of Anne of Green Gables: The Musical.
Featured Image by Nicole Power / Instagram