|Simu Liu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Simu Liu is a Chinese-Canadian actor, writer, stuntman, voiceover artist, and producer who has been cast in several roles in shows and movies like Paul Xie in Blood and Water, Jung Kim in Kim’s Convenience, Faaron in Taken, Tom in Yappie, Shang-Chi in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Luke in Slasher: Guilty Party, Mr. Mitchell in Orphan Black, Guy in Bad Blood, Lt. Paolo Mayer in The Expanse, and Willie in Fresh Off the Boat.
Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
He divides his time between –
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Simu Liu studied at the University of Toronto Schools and then attended the University of Western Ontario for 2 years. After that, he got enrolled at the Ivey Business School and studied finance and accounting. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in the class of 2011.
Actor, Writer, Stuntman, Voiceover Artist, Producer
Simu Liu has been signed with The Characters Talent Agency Ltd., Talent Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Simu has dated –
- Jade Bender (2022) – In June 2022, Simu was rumored to be dating actress Jade Bender after they were seen together in West Hollywood, California. Later, in July 2022, the couple made their red carpet debut during the 2022 ESPY Awards. In September 2022, Simu confirmed that he was going through a break up which led to the reports that he and Jade had broken up.
- Allison Hsu (2022-Present) – In 2022, it was reported that Simu was dating digital marketing manager, Allison Hsu. The couple also made their red carpet debut at the Violent Night premiere in November 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Simu Liu is of Chinese descent.
Simu Liu Facts
- He was 5 years old when he immigrated to Canada and grew up in the Erin Mills area of Mississauga, Ontario.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as an extra in the 2013 American military science fiction monster film, Pacific Rim, directed by Guillermo del Toro and starring Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Charlie Day, Ron Perlman, and others.
- Simu Liu worked as an accountant at Deloitte before he was eventually laid off. In April 2022, after becoming a successful actor, he thanked his former boss Paul Gibbon at Deloitte Toronto for firing him 10 years back.
- He has also worked as a shirtless greeter for clothing retailer Abercrombie and Fitch.
- He was Pete Wentz‘s stunt double for the Fallout Boy music video for their hit single Centuries.
- In 2015, Simu Liu was cast in the leading role of Paul Xie in the television crime drama series, Blood and Water, and his performance got him nominated for an ACTRA Award for “Outstanding Performance – Male” and Canadian Screen Award for “Best Supporting Actor in a Dramatic Program or Series”.
- He has been involved in martial arts such as Taekwondo and Wing-Chun, as well as gymnastics.
- Simu Liu appeared in the recurring role of Faaron in the 1st season of the action-thriller television series, Taken, in 2016.
- In order to provide 1 million meals to kids in need throughout California, in May 2021, he appeared in a new charity campaign between California Milk Processor Board (‘got milk?’ campaign’s creator) and No Kid Hungry.
- Simu had graced the cover of Men’s Health magazine’s June 2021 issue.
- In January 2022, Simu revealed that he was tested positive for COVID-19 in the past. He also revealed that he had lost his grandparents to the virus.
- In February 2022, Simu announced his new book titled We Were Dreamers: An Immigrant Superhero Origin Story.
- In February 2022, Simu was featured on the cover of Vanity Fair‘s 28th annual Hollywood issue.
- He is the first Asian superhero to work in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0