|Nikki Sixx Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 11, 1958|
Nikki Sixx is an American musician, radio host, songwriter, and photographer who first rose to fame after joining the famous glam metal band Mötley Crüe. Sixx, who was also a member of the heavy metal band Sister, acted as the co-founder, bassist, and primary songwriter of Mötley Crüe. After his quick journey with the 2 bands, he went on to form a side project group named 58 back in the year 2000 alongside Dave Darling, Steve Gibb, and Bucket Baker. At the time, an album titled Diet for a New America was also released. In 2002, he formed another band named Brides of Destruction with the L.A Guns guitarist Tracii Guns. In 2006, Sixx had recorded an audio accompaniment for his autobiography The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star with his side band Sixx:A.M. alongside vocalist, producer, and songwriter James Michael and guitarist DJ Ashba. On that same year, he launched his clothing line Royal Underground in partnership with Kelly Gray, the former co-president and house model of St. John. The initial market was only for men’s clothing but it later expanded into women’s clothing. Aside from working with multiple bands during his early years as a music artist, Sixx had also worked with other artists and groups including Sex Pistol‘s guitarist Steve Jones, Alice Cooper, Lita Ford, Marion Rave, Drowning Pool, Saliva, Meat Loaf, and The Last Vegas.
Frank Carlton Serafino Feranna, Jr.
Sixxdawg, Nikki Sixx
San Jose, California, United States
Musician, Songwriter, Author, Fashion Designer, Radio Host, Photographer, Record Producer
- Father – Frank Ferranno
- Mother – Deana Richards
- Siblings – Lisa Feranna (Sister) (Died in 2000)
- Others – Rodney Anthony Feranna (Half-Brother), Ceci (Half-Sister), Serafino Feranna (Paternal Grandfather), Frances (Paternal Grandmother), Horton Divett Haight (Maternal Grandfather), Caleb Haight (Maternal Great-great-great-grandfather), and Keturah Horton (Maternal Great-great-great-grandmother), Don Zimmerman (Uncle) (Capital Records‘ Producer and President)
Nikki Sixx is represented by Tenth Street Entertainment, Music Artist Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Glam Metal, Alternative Metal
- Eleven Seven
- Elektra Records
- Mötley Records
- Leathür Records
- Warner Music Group
6 ft or 183 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nikki Sixx has dated –
- Lita Ford (1981-1984) – Nikki first met guitarist and actress Lita Ford at a party in 1981. The couple later started dating and were together for almost 3 years before breaking up in 1984.
- Denise Katrina Matthews (1987) – Nikki Sixx got engaged to musician-actress, Denise Katrina Matthews, popularly known as Vanity in 1987. However, their engagement did not push through and the couple decided to call it quits due to their unhealthy relationship. In his autobiography The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star, the singer described his relationship with Matthews as “toxic” which turned out to be a clear implication that the two weren’t getting along well even after the engagement news made the rounds.
- Brandi Angela Brandt (1989-1996) – He found another love after his separation with Matthews and met Playboy Playmate model, Brandi Brandt, whom he married in May 1989. They have 3 children together – 2 sons named Gunner Nicholas Sixx (b. January 25, 1991) and Decker Nilsson (b. May 23, 1995) and a daughter named Storm Brieann Sixx (b. April 14, 1994). The former beaus got officially divorced in November 1996.
- Donna D’Errico (1996-2007) – Sixx married his 2nd wife, actress Donna D’Errico in 1996 and they have 1 daughter named Frankie-Jean Mary Sixx who was born on January 2, 2001. The two broke up after their daughter’s birth but got back together a few months later after Sixx completed his rehab. Reports added that though they seemed to have tried fixing their marriage at the time, they separated again in April 2007 and got officially divorced in June of the same year.
- Kat Von D (2008-2010) – A year after his divorce with D’Errico, Sixx again entered into another relationship and dated tattoo artist Kat Von D. They had to call it quits in 2010 but they were spotted back together a few months after their alleged breakup. Sixx appeared on Von D’s reality show LA Ink in 2008, during which she gave him a tattoo of Mötley Crüe‘s lead guitarist, Mick Mars. On August 25, 2010, the singer released a statement confirming that they had broken up, but reports about them getting back together had made the rounds for the 2nd time on October 19, 2010. Amidst the reports, Von D spoke about the real score and confirmed to USA Today that she and TV personality Jesse James were still together, disregarding earlier reports that she and Sixx had reconciled.
- Denise Richards (2010) – He reportedly dated actress and model Denise Richards from November to December 2010.
- Courtney Bingham Sixx (2010-Present) – He is married to model Courtney Bingham, whom he has been dating since 2010. The couple was first spotted at the Call of Duty: Black Ops launch party held in Santa Monica, California, United States. On November 26, 2012, he announced to the public that he had already proposed to Courtney while they were on vacation at St. Barts. The lovebirds had officially tied the knot on March 15, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Sicilian Italian ancestry on his father’s side and English-Scottish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Snub Nose Type
- Thin Lips
- Shaggy Hair
- V-shaped Jawline
Best Known For
- His overall works and outstanding contributions to the music industry particularly as a band artist
- Being the co-founder, bassist, and main songwriter of the American rock band Mötley Crüe
- Establishing his own band known as Sixx:A.M. which also turned out to be the accompaniment to his autobiography The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star
In November 1981, Nikki Sixx and his band Mötley Crüe self-recorded their debut album Too Fast for Love under the band’s own record label Leathür Records.
First TV Show
In 1987, Nikki Sixx made his first TV show appearance as “Himself (As Motley Crue)” in an episode of the music series A tope.
Nikki Sixx Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Photography
Source – All Access
Nikki Sixx Facts
- Sixx has a huge social media fanbase with his official Facebook page hitting more than 1.5 million followers, his Twitter with more than 800k followers, and Instagram with more than 1 million followers.
- He grew up listening to Deep Purple, Harry Nilsson, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Black Sabbath, Elton John, T. Rex, David Bowie, and Slade.
- He was a trouble-maker back in his youth and was sent to Seattle to live with his mother. Sixx stayed in Seattle for a short span of time where he also learned to play the bass guitar. At the time, he was able to buy himself his first instrument using the money earned from a guitar he had stolen.
- At the age of 17, he started working on several jobs including a job at a liquor store and working as a vacuum cleaner seller over the phone.
- He founded the band Mötley Crüe with drummer Tommy Lee.
- In 2010, Sixx became the host of Premiere Radio Networks‘ rock-alternative music radio programs Sixx Sense and The Side Show Countdown alongside Jenn Marino.
- In 1989, Sixx and Mötley Crüe released their 5th studio album titled Dr. Feelgood which turned out to be their most successful album, topping the music charts for 114 weeks after its release.
- A portion of the profits earned from Sixx:A.M.‘s album The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack and his autobiography The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star has been donated to help the Covenant House. Apart from that, Sixx has auctioned his personal items to help fund the Running Wild in the Night and was able to raise more than $100,000.
- Connect with Nikki Sixx on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Casey Hugelfink / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0