|Norah Jones Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 30, 1979|
Norah Jones is an American singer, songwriter, actor, musician, and pianist who was named the top jazz artist of the 2000s decade by Billboard. The daughter of noted Indian sitarist and composer Pt. Ravi Shankar and concert producer Sue Jones, Norah was ranked at number #60 on Billboard magazine’s artists of the 2000s decade chart. Over the years, she has released albums, extended plays, and tracks like Little Broken Hearts, Come Away with Me, Pick Me Up Off the Floor, Feels Like Home, Day Breaks, I Dream of Christmas, Not Too Late, The Fall, Don’t Know Why, Feelin’ the Same Way, What Am I to You?, Thinking About You, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, A Song with No Nam, My Heart Is Full, Happy Pills, Young Blood, and Carry On. Also, she has won at least 9 Grammy Awards. In addition to that, she has also been cast on shows and movies like Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, My Blueberry Nights, VH1 Storytellers, They Came Together, Two Weeks Notice, Sesame Street, Life. Support. Music., Wah Do Dem, and Echo in the Canyon.
Geetali Norah Jones Shankar
Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Before graduating from Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Dallas, she attended Colleyville Middle School and Grapevine High School in Grapevine, Texas.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Musician, Pianist
- Father – Pandit Ravi Shankar (Indian sitar player)
- Mother – Sue Jones (American concert producer)
- Siblings – Anoushka Shankar (Younger Half-Sister), Shubhendra Shankar (Older Half-Brother)
- Others – Shyam Shankar (Paternal Grandfather), Hemangini Devi (Paternal Grandmother), Delwin Edward Jones (Maternal Grandfather), Norma Jean Stevenson (Maternal Grandmother)
Jones has been signed to Silva Artist Management and has been managed by John Silva.
For the USA and Canada, Norah has been signed with William Morris Endeavor (WME).
For Europe and elsewhere, she has been connected to Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Blues, jazz, vocal jazz, pop, folk, country, lo-fi, soul
Vocals, guitar (electric and acoustic), piano, bass
Her net worth had been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Norah Jones has dated –
- Lee Alexander (2000-2007) – An American bassist, songwriter, and music producer dated Norah for eight years from 2000 to December 2007. Norah formed a 5-member band (including her) in 2003 named The Little Willies in which Lee was a bassist.
- Pete Remm – She has been married to Pete Remm and they have 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has Bengali Indian ancestry on her father’s side while she is of English, Scottish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent on her mother’s side.
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
5.5 (US) or 36 (EU)
She endorsed the brand Yamaha.
Best Known For
Her albums such as Come Away with Me (2002), Feels Like Home (2004), The Fall (2009).
She released her debut album Come Away with Me on February 26, 2002 under Blue Note Records. She received a good response from the critics. The pop album consists of 14 tracks making it a total length of roughly 45 minutes.
The album charted at #1 in 8 major countries including U.S., UK, France, Netherlands, Australia, Canada, etc. She sold 28 million copies worldwide. It was certified as 11x Platinum in Australia and New Zealand.
In 2002, she had a cameo role in the romantic comedy film Two Weeks Notice as herself.
First TV Show
In 2002, she appeared as a musical guest in the American late-night live television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live in episode 7 of season 28. She again appeared in this show in episode 14 of season 29 in 2004.
Norah Jones Favorite Things
- Music – Permanently Lonely (By Willie Nelson), No Place to Fall (By Townes Van Zandt), Best of All Possible Worlds (By Kris Kristofferson), If You Want Me to Stay (By Sly and the Family Stone), You Don’t Know Me (By Cindy Walker)
Source – NYTimes.com
Norah Jones Facts
- Norah Jones is her middle name.
- Alongside Jude Law, David Strathairn, Rachel Weisz, and Natalie Portman, she co-starred as Elizabeth (Lizzie/Beth) in the 2007 romantic drama film My Blueberry Nights.
- Jones has had a poodle named Ralph since 2008.
- She changed her name to “Norah Jones” at the age of 16, only after her parents’ permission.
- Norah is termed as the best jazz artist of the 2000-2009 decade by Billboard.
- Her album The Fall released in 2009 was about the relationship of Norah with Alexander.