|Olivia Sui Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1993|
Olivia Sui is a Chinese social media star, dancer, comedian, singer, actress, and screenwriter, best known as the regular cast member for the large multimedia company Smosh, created by Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox. She joined the cast in March 2015 and became a part of the ‘Smosh Squad’ and in 2016, a co-host of their web show Smosh’s Seriously Super Stupid Sleepover alongside Courtney Miller. Olivia was also a part of Smosh’s web series such as Game Bang (2016), Winter Games 2016, Smosh Summer Games 2016: Camp, Smosh Babies (2016-2017), The Big What If (2016-2017), Winter Games 2017, and Smosh Summer Games: Wild West (2017). Starting in 2015, she also had a guest role in their series Every [Blank] Ever and appeared in 1 episode of the Smosh’s web series Madden Rivals.
She began her entertainment and media career early, 1st with ballet dancing when she was 5, and then with acting with 1-episode roles in TV series such as Monk (2005), Weeds (2005), and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2008). In 2017, she also announced her new merchandise line, consisting of jewelry and apparel, under the name LIV by Olivia Sui. She was also active on the now-defunct short-time video platform Vine and has collaborated with social media stars such as Josh Darnit, Marcus Johns, and Brandon Calvillo. On her personal YouTube account, which has amassed more than 180k subscribers, she uploaded cooking and real-life vlogs, as well as makeup, workout, and daily routines, and used it to interacts with the audience that watched her elsewhere. Olivia Sui has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 600k followers on Instagram, and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Olivia Mu Sui
SmoshOlivia, Liv, Liv-Liv, Raindrop
Los Angeles, California, United States
Social Media Star, Comedian, Screenwriter, Actress, Singer, Dancer
- Mother – Christine Zhu
Olivia Sui is represented by –
- Abrams Artists Agency (Talent Agent, Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Management 360 (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Olivia Sui has dated –
- James Law (2013-2018) – She was in a long-term relationship with American photographer, James Law from 2013 to May 2018. During the course of their relationship, Olivia also featured him on her social media, and they remained on good terms after the breakup.
- Sam Lerner (2018-Present) – Olivia began dating the American actor not too long after she broke off her previous relationship. On April 29, 2019, they celebrated their 1st anniversary and took the chance to thank their mutual friend, actor Shayne Topp, for introducing them to each other. They also began living together in an apartment in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Chinese descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black’ and ‘Pale Purple’ in the past.
- Prominent cheekbones
- Dimpled smile
Olivia Sui has endorsed brands such as –
- Eva Hair NYC
- Eric Manuel
- Justin Anderson Color
- Sandy Liang
- Calidad Beer
Best Known For
- Appearing in Smosh-created web series as a regular cast member, such as Game Bang (2016), Winter Games 2016, Smosh Summer Games 2016: Camp, The Big What If (2016-2017), Winter Games 2017, Smosh Summer Games: Wild West (2017), and Every [Blank] Ever (2015-2019)
- Her social media following with more than 600k followers on Instagram, more than 200k subscribers on YouTube, and more than 200k followers on Twitter
As a Singer
Olivia was credited as a playback singer for another actress in an episode titled How to Be the Best Gamer in the World of the comedy series Smosh on February 22, 2017.
Olivia Sui made her first feature film appearance as Agent Smith in the adventure film, Исключение простейших (A Trivial Exclusion) in 2009.
First Web Show
Olivia Sui made her first web show appearance as Veronica in an episode titled Time Traveling Pickup Master of the comedy series, Smosh, on January 23, 2015.
First TV Show
Olivia Sui made her first TV show appearance as Pirate Girl in an episode titled Mr. Monk Goes Home Again of the comedy series Monk in July 2005.
In April 2019, Olivia made a YouTube video discussing her morning and full-body gym routine, but with her usual comedic take. She was seen running on the treadmill while washing her teeth in an effort to wake up and start her day and then rode a stationary bike and the StarMaster machine as cardio.
For her upper body, Olivia then did dumbbell chest press, chest flys, and cable chest press, as well as crunches and bicycle kicks for core and abs. After a high number of repetitions of leg extension, she ended her brief workout by making a shaker in the gym while stretching.
Olivia Sui Favorite Things
- Actor – Robin Williams
- Hobbies – Cooking, DIY
- Animals – Dog, Goat, Panda, Ferret
- Food – Ice Cream, Spaghetti, Hamburger
- Chef – Anthony Bourdain
- TV Shows – Narcos (2015-2017), Homeland, Explore Parts Unknown (2013-2018)
Olivia Sui Facts
- She doesn’t like to be called ‘sweetie.’
- Olivia attended oil painting classes as a kid because growing up, her mom put her in as many extracurricular activities as she could. Olivia claimed it helped her “not care what anybody thinks.”
- In the 4th grade, Olivia invited a girl to her house to play with her new doll and was very excited about it. After playing for a while, the girl pooped on her carpet, and got up, laughed, and left. She only noticed the stain after the girl was gone, and didn’t tell her parents out of embarrassment.
- She stated she was bullied in high school for being “too out there” and “confident.”
- If she didn’t become an actress and social media star, she would have pursued teaching.
- In 2018, she became a big proponent of the Reiki method. She meditates and uses crystals with the help of Reiki masters, and swears by its efficiency.
- Her spirit animal is a frog.
- She once made a pun that she’s a ‘meth head’ actress instead of a ‘method’ actress.
- Olivia doesn’t think there is a time in life when you have “all your sh*t figured out.”
- When she is recording Smosh web series in random people’s houses in Los Angeles, California, United States, she feels weirded out but amused to be napping in someone else’s bed.
- One of the funniest skills she learned while with Smosh was how to ‘renegade’ a beer, which means puncturing it with the nail on her thumb on the side and drinking it that way.
- Her hidden talent is creating convincing peacock sounds because she grew up in a house surrounded by peacocks, so she learned to imitate them.
- She got a concussion by hitting her head on the toilet while filming an episode of the Scream Queens TV series in 2015.
- Butterflies scare her.
- Her biggest fear is drowning because she doesn’t know how to swim. Despite her fear, she’s comfortable going on boating trips and sunbathing at the beach.
- If she could trade her life with any living person, it would be Rihanna. If dead people were included, she would pick Abraham Lincoln‘s life because he had “a hot wife.”
- Her favorite Vine video that she created was called titled Extreme Sports/Extreme Parkour Stunts. She collaborated with Wahlid Mohammad, a comedian, and Vine personality, and said it was a very fun day for her.
- Many Smosh fans think that she and Mari Takahashi, her co-star, are twins because they look alike. Even when Olivia 1st started her Vine account, before they even met, the comments were filled with such remarks.
Featured Image by Olivia Sui / Instagram