|Patricia Heaton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1958|
Patricia Heaton is an American actress, comedian, and model who is best remembered for her portrayal of Debra Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond (1996-2005) and Frances Heck on The Middle. What sets her apart from many Hollywood celebrities is her stand against issues like abortion, stem cell research, and dedication to her religious beliefs. She has also used her celebrity status to support many social causes like pro-life, gay rights, and marriage equality. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Patricia Helen Heaton
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom
Patricia studied at St. Raphael’s Catholic Primary School and Bay High School in Bay Village in Ohio. While in high school, she performed in the choir, stage band as well as the Rockettes Drill team with the Bay Rockets’ marching band and graduated in 1976.
She later went on to attend the Ohio State University and completed her graduation with a Bachelor of arts degree in Drama. She was a member of the Delta Gamma Society.
Actress, Comedian, Model
- Father – Chuck Heaton (Sportswriter)
- Mother – Patricia (née Hurd) Heaton (Died of an aneurysm in 1971)
- Siblings – Alice Heaton (Sister), Sharon Heaton (Sister) (Dominican Nun), Frances Heaton (Sister), Michael Heaton (Brother) (Columnist for The Plain Dealer)
- Others – Charles Walter Heaton (Paternal Grandfather), Alice M. McDermott (Paternal Grandmother), Joy Seth Hurd (Maternal Grandfather), Frances Elizabeth Stimmel (Maternal Grandmother)
Patricia is represented by –
- United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- LINK Entertainment, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Patricia has dated –
- Constantine Yankoglu (1984-1987) – Patricia was married to Constantine Yankoglu from 1984 to 1987.
- David Hunt (1988-Present) – Following her divorce, Patricia began dating British actor David Hunt in 1988. The couple has been married since October 1990 and actor Tony Shalhoub was the best man at their wedding. Together, they are parents to 4 boys – Samuel David Hunt (b. September 1, 1993), John Basil Hunt (b. May 15, 1995), Joseph Charles Hunt (b. June 2, 1997), and Daniel Patrick Hunt (b. January 20, 1999).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish, German, and English ancestry.
Patricia has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Sunbelt Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (2003)
- Nestle Treasures Candy (2000)
- Albertsons Grocery Stores (TV and Radio commercials)
- Acme Markets (2003)
- Pantene Pro-V Healthy Hair Care system (2003) (Print Ad and TV commercial)
- Jewel grocery stores
- StrongAmericanSchools.org (Voice-over)
- Shoe Pavilion (2007)
- Got Milk? (Print Ad)
- Feeding America (2017)
- Autism Speaks (2012)
Best Known For
- Portraying the characters of Debra Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond (1996-2005) and Frances Heck on The Middle
- Speaking out against abortion and being an avid supporter of pro-life causes
Patricia made her theatrical film debut in Memoirs of an Invisible Man as Ellen in 1992.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in 1989 as Dr. Silverman on the drama series Thirtysomething.
Having lived most of her life in the public eye, Patricia has tried many diets and health tricks to look physically best. She had mentioned in 2014 that in terms of exercise, she preferred taking a stroll near the Hollywood Reservoir in Los Angeles. Her workouts were mostly restricted to a stationary bike and a skiing machine indoors but she also liked to ski in the open whenever in Montana. She also used to undertake an intense 7-minute workout with the help of an online app.
After going through menopause, Patricia decided to cut down her food intake. She altered her diet to include low-fat foods and eliminated all forms of sugar and bad carbs. On busy days, she relied on the nutrition drink Soylent, which provides 1000 calories and 100% nutrients making it a healthy meal replacement.
Patricia Heaton Favorite Things
- Actor – Gary Oldman
- Thing To Cook For Guests – Popovers
Source – IMDb, Food Network
Patricia Heaton Facts
- She was considered for the character of Elaine Benes on the sitcom Seinfeld. The role was eventually played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
- She nailed the audition of Debra Ramone on Everybody Loves Raymond as, unlike others, she was willing to do a kissing scene with Ray Romano during the auditions. She was chosen over Jane Sibbett, who was favored by the network, but Ray backed her up as she was closer to his interpretation of Debra.
- While in college in the late 1970s, she interned at the ABC station Channel 5 (WEWS) in Cleveland, editing news films.
- Patricia is the co-owner of Vento, the Italian bistro, in her hometown Bay Village since 2009.
- On May 22, 2012, she joined the list of celebrities with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Her star is at 6653 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- She won an Emmy Award twice for her role on Everybody Loves Raymond in 2000 and 2001. Her win in 2000 made her the first member of the cast to win an Emmy for the show.
- Her cooking show, Patricia Heaton Parties (2015) on the Food Network channel won a Daytime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Culinary Program” in 2016.
- She published her memoir, Motherhood and Hollywood: How to Get a Job Like Mine in 2002.
- Patricia has spoken openly about getting plastic surgery after having 4 Cesarean deliveries. She has admitted to getting tummy tuck and breast reduction procedures done.
- Patricia is widely known for being a consistent life ethicist and opposes euthanasia, abortion, and the death penalty. She actively promotes pro-life causes and groups.
- Feminists for Life, an NGO which supports pro-life causes and opposes embryonic stem cell research and abortion, has named Heaton as its Honorary Chair.
- She had revealed in May 2011 that she had lost out on many work projects as a result of her stance on abortion and other religious issues.
- Although she is a self-professed Republican, Patricia believes in marriage equality and supports gay rights.
- She publicly denounced the presidential nomination of Donald Trump as a Republican candidate in 2016. Following his election as President, she confessed that she had given up on politics indefinitely.
- Patricia and her husband David co-founded a production company titled FourBoys Entertainment in 2001.
- In July 2021, she celebrated 3 years of sobriety from alcohol.
Featured Image by Lloyd Klein / Flickr / CC BY-2.0