|Patty Jenkins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1971|
Patty Jenkins is an American director, producer, and screenwriter whose notable film credits include widely-acclaimed films like Monster (2003) and Wonder Woman (2017). She has more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Patricia Lea Jenkins
Victorville, California, United States
Patty earned her undergraduate degree in 1993 from The Cooper Union.
In 2000, she received her M.A. degree in Directing from the illustrious American Film Institute’s AFI Conservatory.
Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – William Jenkins (Air Force Captain, Fighter Pilot)
- Mother – Emily Roth (Environmental Scientist)
- Siblings – Elaine Roth (Older Sister), Jessica Jenkins (Younger Sister)
- Others – Daniel Jenkins, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Donna C. Normandin Walter/Walters (Paternal Grandmother), Walter Winfield Roth (Maternal Grandfather), Patricia Boggeman (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Patty has dated –
- Sam Sheridan – Patty is married to author and former firefighter Sam Sheridan since 2007. They have a son together named Asa.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, Welsh, and Norwegian ancestry.
Patty Jenkins Facts
- She was chosen as the runner-up for the ‘2017 Time Person of the Year’ by Time Magazine.
- Patty became the first woman to helm a major superhero film in 2017. Under her direction, Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot became an international box office success.
- She is distantly related to Cleopatra (1963) actor Richard Burton, who was her father William’s 2nd cousin.
- Patty shares her birthday with famed actress Lynda Carter, who immortalized Wonder Woman on television. Carter was born on July 24, 1951; twenty years before Jenkins.
- She credits the 1978 film Superman with Christopher Reeve as her inspiration to get into direction.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0