|Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1967|
Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece is the oldest son and 2nd child of Constantine II, the last king of Greece and his wife Anna-Marie of Denmark. He was the heir apparent to the throne and was Greece’s crown prince since birth during his father’s reign until the monarchy’s abolition.
Tatoi Palace, Tatoi, Kingdom of Greece
From 1984 to 1986, he attended the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West, Montezuma, New Mexico, United States. In 1993, he went to Georgetown University School of Foreign Service where he completed his BA and later attended Georgetown University where he took up a Master of Science in Foreign Service.
Member of Greek Royal Family
- Father – King Constantine II
- Mother – Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
- Siblings – Alexia, Princess of Greece and Denmark (Sister), Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark (Brother), Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark (Brother), Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark (Sister)
- Others – King Frederick IX of Denmark (Maternal Grandfather), Princess Ingrid of Sweden (Maternal Grandmother)
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pavlos has dated –
- Marie-Chantal Miller (1995-Present) – Pavlos married British-born heiress Marie-Chantal Miller on July 1, 1995. The couple first met at a party 3 years ago before tying the knot. The Greek Orthodox rite wedding was held at St. Sophia’s Cathedral, London, which came into sight with a rare modern panoply of royalty. After officially tying the knot, they went on to reside in Greenwich, Connecticut. They later relocated to London for their children’s education in 2004. Pavlos and Miller have 5 children together – a daughter named Maria-Olympia (b. 1996) and 4 sons named Constantine-Alexios (b. 1998), Achileas-Andreas (b. 2000), Odysseas-Kimon (b. 2004), and Aristidis-Stavros (b. 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Greek descent.
- Plump Lips
- Thick Eyebrows
Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece Facts
- He ousted his older sister Alexia as heir to the throne as Greece’s order of succession adhered to male-preference primogeniture.
- He was born into a thunderous era in Greek politics during which his father ascended to the throne dated March 6, 1964, at the age of 23, just after the death of his father King Paul.
- His mother Queen Anne-Marie gave birth to him a month following the coup d’état that ended democratic rule in Greece regarding the King’s disapproval on April 21, 1967, assisting in the “Regime of the Colonels” led by Georgios Papadopoulos. In December 1967, King Constantine tried to execute a counter-coup but could not get enough military support. They were being chased by the junta supporters so they fled to Rome and went to Copenhagen to live with Queen Anne-Marie’s mother, Queen Ingrid.
- Pavlos trained at the British Army’s Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and was commissioned to a 2nd lieutenant in 1987 in the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards for a three-year short service commission. In 1989, he was promoted to lieutenant but handed over his commission position in 1990.
- He has lived in New York and London while he worked as an investment consultant.
- He is the co-founder of Ortelius Advisors, an activist hedge fund.
- Pavlos is a skilled bluewater yachtsman and crews on the record-breaking monohull Mari Cha IV which is owned by businessman and his father-in-law, Robert W. Miller.
- Due to his male-line descent from Christian IX of Denmark, Pavlos is also a Danish prince with the style of Highness.
Featured Image by Frankie Fouganthin / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-3.0