|Piero Barone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Piero Barone is an Italian singer who is known for being one-third of the Italian operatic pop trio called Il Volo. The trio has released several albums, tracks, and extended plays like Il Volo, We Are Love, Buon Natale: The Christmas Album, Il Volo Sings Morricone, Musica, Christmas Favorites, Sanremo grande amore, Si Me Falta Tu Mirada, Grande amore, L’amore si muove, O Sole Mio, Musica che resta, Hasta El Final, Per te ci sarò, Ancora, Tornerà l’amore, Constantemente Mía (with Belinda), El Triste, and Noche Sin Día (with Gente De Zona).
Naro, Sicily, Italy
- Father – Gaetano Barone (Mechanic)
- Mother – Eleonora Ognibene (Housewife)
- Siblings – Francesco Barone (Older Brother), Maria Grazia Barone (Younger Sister)
- Others – Pietro Ognibene (Maternal Grandfather) (Blind Musician)
His band Il Volo has been represented by Michele Torpedine of MT Opera & Blue’s.
Pop, Latin, Operatic Pop, Classical Crossover
- Geffen Records
- Universal Music Group
- Interscope Records
- Sony Music Latin
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- He is often spotted wearing glasses
- Slightly wonky smile
Best Known For
Being one of the three members of the Latin Grammy-nominated pop-opera group Il Volo. The other members of the group are Gianluca Ginoble and Ignazio Boschetto.
His music group released their first self-titled album in 2010 named II Volo which was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Federation of Italian Music Industry. The album also climbed to the 10th spot on the Billboard 200 and ranked first on the Classical Albums Charts.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in 2011 on the series finale of Entourage as a part of II Volo alongside members Gianluca and Ignazio.
Piero Barone Favorite Things
- Artists – Adele, Elvis Presley, Lady Gaga, Pavarotti
- Adele Song – Someone Like You, Turning Tables, Set Fire to the Rain
Source – Boston
Piero Barone Facts
- He met the members of his music group during an Italian music competition show Ti Lascio Una Canzone where they were all competitors.
- Piero is the oldest member of the group with the other two members being more than a year younger than him.
- He along with Ignazio are the tenors in the group and his vocal range is aptly described as spinto tenor.
- Piero won the Festival Bruna Bennardo in Favara, Sicily in August 2008.
- Piero is often spotted wearing different glasses and is known to own more than 40 pairs.
- In February 2014, Piero and his band members met the Pope and gifted him their CDs Il Volo and Il Volo: We Are Love. To their surprise, the Pope was aware of the pop opera trio as they had performed in Argentina, the hometown of the Pope.
- Piero along with his group Il Volo appeared on Barbra Streisand’s tour in the fall of 2012.
- Piero’s musical talent was first recognized by his grandfather when he sang a song written by his grandfather at age of 5.
- Il Volo‘s 3rd studio album and 1st Christmas album titled Buon Natale: The Christmas Album was released on October 22, 2013, and it peaked at number #1 on the US Holiday Albums (Billboard) chart and the US Top Classical Albums (Billboard) chart. It was also certified ‘Gold’ by the Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana (FIMI).
- The first song that Piero sang with his fellow bandmates was a rendition of the popular Neapolitan song, O’ Sole Mio.
- Piero’s personality is more of a studious and serious kind in the group which balances the other guys’ more vivacious temperaments.
- On September 25, 2015, Il Volo released its 4th studio album titled L’amore si muove (internationally released under the title Grande amore) and Robyn Gallagher of Wiwibloggs stated; “‘L’amore si muove/Grande Amore’ shows Il Volo doing what they do best. The trio reliably deliver bold, passionate songs in Italian, English and Spanish, putting a modern spin on canzone classics as well as introducing new material.” Grande amore peaked at number #1 on the US Top Classical Albums (Billboard) chart as well as the US Latin Pop Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #2 on the US Top Latin Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #5 on the US Top Classical Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Visit his band’s website @ ilvolomusic.com.
Featured Image by Piero Barone / Instagram