Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Deveraux Donahue
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
New York City, New York, U.S.
Australia and United States
Like most other children, she also hated school as a child. She was also expelled from 6 different schools.
Poppy finally dropped out at the age of 15 to focus on her acting career and travel Bali with her boyfriend.
- Father – Phil Donahue (Restaurateur)
- Mother – Nicola (née Montgomery) (Executive and market researcher)
- Siblings – Rosie Thorn Donahue (Sister), Daisy Yellow Donahue (Sister), Lily Belle Donahue (Sister), Marigold Sun Donahue (Sister), Jethro Tull Donahue (Brother)
All her sisters are named after flowers, and her brother after a rock band.
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Poppy Montgomery dated –
- Adam Kaufman (2004-2011) – Poppy met American actor Adam Kaufman while filming for the independent movie Between (2005) in October 2004 and started dating him. She and Adam were an item for seven continuous years from October 2004 until October 2011. During this time, she gave birth to couple’s first child, son Jackson Phillip on December 23, 2007.
- Shawn Sanford (2011-Present) – In 2011, Poppy started dating director of lifestyle marketing for Microsoft, Shawn Sanford. She had already him in Puerto Rico before. She gave birth to couple’s first child, daughter Violet Grace on April 22, 2013. The couple welcomed their second child, son Gus Monroe on November 11, 2014. This was Poppy’s third child. She and Shawn married on Chinese New Year (January 31, 2014) at Disneyland in the presence of their children.
Race / Ethnicity
She had dyed her hair red for the TV show “Unforgettable.”
- Has a tattoo on her hip, lower back, and ankle.
- Her ex-boyfriend Adam Kaufmann’s initials tattooed on her arm
- Tattoo in Chinese symbols for Creativity, Union, and Grace.
38-28-37 in or 96.5-71-94 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
She had filmed a Carl’s Jr. commercial. But, it never aired.
Best Known For
Playing Carrie Wells in the CBS’s police procedural drama television series Unforgettable from 2011 to 2014, and as Samantha Spade in the CBS’s police procedural drama TV series Without a Trace from 2002 to 2009.
Poppy appeared in the 1994 science fiction/comedy film Tammy and the T-Rex for her minor role as party girl #1.
First TV Show
In 1994, she guest appeared in CBS’s crime drama TV series Silk Stalkings for her role as Angel in the 2-part episode – “Natural Selection.”
Celebrity trainer Joe Dowdell is the man behind Poppy’s sexy and svelte body. He shared that Poppy relied on circuit training. Joe made Poppy to undergo different strength training exercises. He alternated between lower body and upper body exercises with a 60-second high-intensity cardio exercise.
After pregnancy, it becomes essential to focus on the core part. So, he also alternated between core stability (such as Plank Holds, Moving Plank Holds, etc.) and core mobility exercises (such as Medicine Ball Chest Passes, etc.).
Regarding diet, it was pretty simple. To remain hydrated, she drank ample amount of water and ate lean protein (like salmon), and lots of fibrous vegetables.
Poppy Montgomery Favorite Things
- Favorite Part about playing Carrie Wells – The Clothes
- Movie – Classics. She especially likes all of the Woody Allen’s old films.
Source – CBS.com
Poppy Montgomery Facts
- Poppy relocated to the United States at the age of 18 just carrying a copy of “How to Make It in Hollywood.”
- Poppy uses the maiden named of her mother “Montgomery” as her stage name.
- She once lost an audition as it was thought that her Australian accent is not real.
- Poppy and her sisters are named after flowers. This all happened after her mother Nicole read them in the book “The Flower Fairy Book.”
- Poppy enjoys doing horseback riding, photography, snowboarding, traveling, yoga and playing board games.
- In 2005, she was ranked at #45 in Maxim’s Hot 100 list.
- She has posed n*de for the art magazine Black+White.
- As of 2014, she has 6 tattoos.
- She likes sushi.
- Boris Kodjoe got Poppy on Twitter.
- Connect with Poppy on Twitter and Instagram.