|Poppy Montgomery Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 15, 1972|
Poppy Montgomery is an Australian actor and producer whose television roles include playing Samantha Spade in the CBS police procedural drama series Without a Trace, Cat Chambers in the crime drama series Reef Break, Carrie Wells in the CBS police procedural crime drama series Unforgettable, Jennifer Lukens in the drama series Relativity, Ellie Sparks in The WB mystery drama series Glory Days, and Elizabeth Waclawek in the drama series The Beat. Additionally, Poppy has also been cast in various movies such as Tammy and the T-Rex, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, Devil in a Blue Dress, Dead Man on Campus, Life, The Cold Equations, Between, The Other Sister, Christmas on the Farm, Jake Lassiter: Justice on the Bayou, The Cold Equations, Murder in the Hamptons, Magic Beyond Words, Lying to Be Perfect, A Surrogate’s Nightmare, and Men Named Milo, Women Named Greta.
Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Deveraux Donahue
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
She divides her time between –
- New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Australia and United States
Like most other children, she also hated school as a child. She was also expelled from 6 different schools.
Poppy finally dropped out at the age of 15 to focus on her acting career and travel to Bali with her boyfriend.
- Father – Phil Donahue (Restaurateur)
- Mother – Nicola (née Montgomery) (Executive and market researcher)
- Siblings – Rosie Thorn Donahue (Sister), Daisy Yellow Donahue (Sister), Lily Belle Donahue (Sister), Marigold Sun Donahue (Sister), Jethro Tull Donahue (Brother)
All her sisters are named after flowers and her brother has been after a rock band.
Poppy Montgomery has been signed with Framework Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Poppy Montgomery has dated –
- Adam Kaufman (2004-2011) – Poppy met American actor Adam Kaufman while filming for the independent movie Between (2005) in October 2004 and started dating him. She and Adam were an item for seven continuous years from October 2004 until October 2011. During this time, she gave birth to the couple’s first child, son Jackson Phillip on December 23, 2007.
- Shawn Sanford (2011-Present) – In 2011, Poppy started dating the director of lifestyle marketing for Microsoft, Shawn Sanford. She had already him in Puerto Rico before. She gave birth to the couple’s first child, daughter Violet Grace on April 22, 2013. The couple welcomed their second child, son Gus Monroe on November 11, 2014. This was Poppy’s third child. She and Shawn married on Chinese New Year (January 31, 2014) at Disneyland in the presence of their children.
Race / Ethnicity
Poppy Montgomery is of Irish and English or Scottish descent.
She had dyed her hair red for the TV show “Unforgettable.”
- Has a tattoo on her hip, lower back, and ankle.
- Her ex-boyfriend Adam Kaufmann’s initials tattooed on her arm
- Tattoo in Chinese symbols of Creativity, Union, and Grace
38-28-37 in or 96.5-71-94 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
She had filmed a Carl’s Jr. commercial. But, it never aired.
Best Known For
Playing Carrie Wells in the CBS police procedural drama television series Unforgettable from 2011 to 2014, and as Samantha Spade in the CBS police procedural drama TV series Without a Trace from 2002 to 2009.
Poppy appeared in the 1994 science fiction/comedy film Tammy and the T-Rex for her minor role as party girl #1.
First TV Show
In 1994, she guest appeared in CBS’s crime drama TV series Silk Stalkings for her role as Angel in the 2-part episode – “Natural Selection.”
Celebrity trainer Joe Dowdell is the man behind Poppy’s sexy and svelte body. He shared that Poppy relied on circuit training. Joe made Poppy undergo different strength training exercises. He alternated between lower body and upper body exercises with a 60-second high-intensity cardio exercise.
After pregnancy, it becomes essential to focus on the core part. So, he also alternated between core stability (such as Plank Holds, Moving Plank Holds, etc.) and core mobility exercises (such as Medicine Ball Chest Passes, etc.).
Regarding diet, it was pretty simple. To remain hydrated, she drank an ample amount of water and ate lean protein (like salmon), and lots of fibrous vegetables.
Poppy Montgomery Favorite Things
- Favorite Part About Playing Carrie Wells – The Clothes
- Movie – Classics. She especially likes all of Woody Allen‘s old films.
Source – CBS.com
Poppy Montgomery Facts
- Poppy relocated to the United States at the age of 18 just carrying a copy of “How to Make It in Hollywood.”
- Poppy uses the maiden name of her mother “Montgomery” as her stage name.
- She once lost an audition as it was thought that her Australian accent is not real.
- Poppy and her sisters are named after flowers. This all happened after her mother Nicole read them in the book “The Flower Fairy Book.”
- Alongside Patricia Richardson, Patrick Dempsey, Jensen Ackles, Kirstie Alley, and Ann-Margret, she co-starred as Norma Jeane Baker/Marilyn Monroe in the 2001 American made-for-television biographical film Blonde.
- In 2019, Poppy Montgomery brought to life the character of Cat Chambers (a professional surfer and former associate of the Shorepound criminal syndicate) in the crime drama television series Reef Break.
- Poppy enjoys horseback riding, photography, snowboarding, traveling, yoga, and playing board games.
- In 2005, she was ranked at #45 on Maxim’s Hot 100 list.
- As a producer, Poppy Montgomery has worked on projects such as Christmas on the Farm, Reef Break, Unforgettable, and An Amish Murder.
- She has posed n*de for the art magazine Black+White.
- As of 2014, she has 6 tattoos.
- She likes sushi.
- Boris Kodjoe got Poppy on Twitter.
I saw an episode of her tv show “Unforgettable” she was standing next to beautiful Annie Parisee and was looking up. I did not realize she was small. Well we both are I am the same height but beautiful Poppy has me beat in he weight department. She has 34 pounds on me and much more muscular arms and legs than I have.