Moriah Rose Pereira
That Poppy, Poppy Chain
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Information about her formal education isn’t available.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Dancer, YouTuber
- Father – Her father used to be a drummer in an unidentified band.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Poppy is managed by Nick Groff of Geffen Records.
She is also represented by –
- British Reece of PMK•BNC
- Matt Meyer of Paradigm Agency
- Mike Malak & Clementine Bunel of CODA Agency
Electropop, Synth-pop, Ambient, J-pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Electronic Organ
- I’m Poppy
- Mad Decent
- Island Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Poppy has opted to keep her personal life away from the prying eyes of the mainstream media, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘platinum blonde’.
- Platinum blonde dyed locks
- Petite figure
- In 2016, she was signed up by the Japanese brand, Sanrio as a brand ambassador. She was made the face of the Hello Sanrio collection.
- She has also been hired to do endorsement work for the footwear giant Steve Madden.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Her regular appearances in the popular comedy web series, Chaos Wolves.
- The popularity of her official YouTube channel. Her videos have attracted more than 300 million views.
- The viral success of her song, Lowlife. The music video of the single has managed to gain more than 40 million views.
In October 2017, she released her debut studio album, Poppy.Computer. She went on a 40-city tour to promote her new album.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2015, she made her first television show appearance in Jessie. However, her appearance wasn’t credited.
In 2017, Poppy made her first credited TV show appearance as herself on the popular talk show, The Late Late Show with James Corden.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Poppy Favorite Things
- Star Wars Character – R2-D2
- Sanrio Character – Badtz-Maru
Source – Thrillist, Ones To Watch
- She often incorporates Illuminati and satanic symbolism in her videos, music, and other works, which has often led to claims that she is a cult leader.
- Her passionate and ardent fans identify themselves as “Poppy Seeds”.
- Nick Groff decided to represent her after someone at his former employer Island Records sent him links to her videos. He was confused with her videos but he realized that he was drawn to these videos and was binge watching before he realized.
- While growing up, it was her dream to join the iconic dance company The Rockettes. She even took dance training for 11 years.
- While studying in a school in Boston, she was often bullied for being shy and quiet. She eventually found that music was a perfect escape for her.
- At the age of 15, she decided to move to Los Angeles to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
- She has been a vocal supporter of the LGBTQ cause.
- She has established her own record label, I’m Poppy, which has served as the co-producer for her music.
- In the summer of 2017, she published her book, which was titled as The Gospel of Poppy. It is a parody of sorts of Bible and contains her prayers and transcripts of some of her YouTube videos.
- Visit her official website @ impoppy.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Universal Music Group / Universal Music Group / CC BY-SA 4.0