|Prasad Oak Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1975|
Prasad Oak is an Indian actor, director, writer, singer, anchor, poet, theatre artist, and producer. As an actor, he has been a part of a number of films such as Dharmaveer, Ek Daav Dhobi Pachhad, Navra Avali Bayko Lovely, Dhurala, Joshi Ki Kamble, Shyamchi Aai Kalubaichya Navana Changbhala, Ye Re Ye Re Paisa 2, Full 3 Dhamal, Ashtaroop Vaibhav Laxmi Mata, Picasso, Hai Kay Nai Kay, Doghat Tisara Aata Sagle Visara, Farzand, Patala Tar Ghya, Zeher, Ti Ratra, Aika Dajiba, Lage Raho Munnabhai, Jeta, Kalyug, Raj Ka Ran, Ani… Dr. Kashinath Ghanekar, Kaccha Limbu, Hirkani, Dhating Dhingana, Pakda Pakdi, Hip Hip Hurrey, Shikari, and 7, Roshan Villa. For his work in Kaccha Limbu, he bagged 2 Filmfare Awards (for “Best Director” and “Best Film”) and National Film Award for “Best Feature Film in Marathi”.
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Prasad Oak studied at Bhave High School (also known as MES Bhave High School) in Pune, Maharashtra. Then, he graduated from Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce Pune.
Actor, Director, Writer, Singer, Anchor, Poet, Film Producer, Theatre Artist
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prasad Oak has dated –
- Manjiri Oak (1998-Present) – He got married to Manjiri Oak in the year 1998 and the duo has been blessed with 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Prasad Oak Facts
- He started his career by working as an assistant director for the play Premachi Goshta.
- In 2005, Prasad Oak appeared as Nihaal (Sonia’s assistant) in the Hindi-language mystery thriller film Zeher. An adaptation of the 2003 American film Out of Time, Zeher stars Emraan Hashmi and Shamita Shetty.
- He brought to life the character of Anny’s uncle in the 2005 Hindi-language action thriller film Kalyug, starring Kunal Khemu, Emraan Hashmi, Smiley Suri, Deepal Shaw, Amrita Singh, and Ashutosh Rana.
- Prasad Oak emerged as the winner of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa (Celebrity Round) in 2007.
- He portrayed the character of Prabhakar Panshikar in the 2018 Marathi biographical drama film Ani… Dr. Kashinath Ghanekar.
- He was cast as the legendary Indian ruler Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the 2019 Marathi language historical drama film Hirkani.
- As a director, Prasad Oak has worked on projects like Kaccha Limbu, Chandramukhi, and Hirkani.
- In 2022, he portrayed the character of Anand Dighe (a senior Shiv Sena party leader and Thane district Unit Chief of the Shiv Sena party) in the Marathi biographical political drama film Dharmaveer. Mihir Bhanage from the Times of India wrote “Prasad Oak brings Anand Dighe to life in this glorified biopic”.
Featured Image by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting / Government of India / Government Open Data License – India (GODL)