|Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 6, 1984|
|Spouse||Prince Carl Philip|
Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland is a member of the Swedish royal family by her marriage to Prince Carl Philip and was previously a glamour model and reality television contestant.
Sofia Kristina Hellqvist
Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland
Danderyd Hospital, Danderyd, Sweden
Villa Solbacken, Central Stockholm, Sweden
She studied at Älvdalen Montessori School and Älvdal School. She later attended the arts program at Vansbro Education Centre.
Princess Sofia later moved to New York in 2005 to study accounting, specializing in business development. She also studied global ethics, child and youth science, children’s communication, and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in theory, and in Swedish practice at Stockholm University. She also took a 3-day emergency online training course from Sophiahemmet University in April 2020 to help hospitals amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Member of the Swedish Royal Family, Former Glamour Model, Former Reality Television Contestant, Certified Yoga Instructor
- Father – Erik Oscar Hellqvist (Employment counselor at the Swedish employment agency)
- Mother – Marie Britt Rotman (Marketing manager in the plastics industry)
- Siblings – Lina Frejd (Older Sister) (Humanitarian Project Coordinator), Sara Hellqvist (Younger Suster) (Criminologist)
- Others – Stig Ingvar Hellqvist (Paternal Grandfather), Ingrid Ann-Marie Nilsson (Paternal Grandmother), Janne Herbert Ribbe Rotman (Maternal Grandfather), Britt Ingegerd Dahlberg (Maternal Grandmother), Carl XVI Gustaf (Father-In-Law) (King of Sweden), Queen Silvia of Sweden (Mother-In-Law) (Queen Consort of Sweden), Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden (Sister-In-Law) (Heir apparent to the Swedish throne), Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Sister-In-Law), Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland (Brother-In-Law), Christopher O’Neill (Brother-In-Law), Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland (Niece), Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne (Nephew), Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland (Niece), Prince Nicolas, Duke of Ångermanland (Nephew), Princess Adrienne, Duchess of Blekinge (Niece)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland has dated –
- Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland (2010-Present) – The Swedish Royal Court confirmed the relationship between Sofia and Prince Carl Philip in July 2010, after they had been linked by the media in April 2010. The duo moved in together in Djurgården of Stockholm in April 2011 and after a few years, their engagement was announced on June 27, 2014. She also made an appearance at the Nobel Banquet with her future husband in December 2014 and the following year, it was announced that she would receive the title of princess. On June 13, 2015, they got married at Slottskyrkan in Stockholm and have been blessed with 2 sons, namely, Prince Alexander, Duke of Södermanland (b. April 19, 2016) and Prince Gabriel, Duke of Dalarna (b. August 31, 2017). Moreover, it was announced on December 11, 2020, by the Royal Court that the couple was expecting their 3rd child, due in late March or early April 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Princess Sofia has Swedish ancestry on her mother’s side and is of Danish-Swedish descent on her father’s side.
Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland Facts
- On May 26, 1985, she was christened in Tibble Church.
- She was 6 years old when she moved to Älvdalen.
- Her title is styled as “Her Royal Highness Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland”.
- She has previously been cast in the American reality television show, Paradise Hotel, in which she wrapped-up her journey as a finalist.
- It was announced on November 26, 2020, that Carl Philip and Sofia had tested positive for coronavirus.
- She has been honored as the Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic.
Featured Image by Frankie Fouganthin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0