|Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1973|
|Spouse||Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden|
Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland is a member of the Swedish royal family who has previously served as a personal trainer and gym owner as well as ran a company called Balance Training. With his marriage to Crown Princess Victoria, he has been styled as “His Royal Highness Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland” and was granted the style Royal Highness, making him an official member of the Swedish royal family.
Olof Daniel Westling
Olof Daniel Westling Bernadotte (Full Name), Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland
Örebro Hospital, Örebro, Sweden
Member of the Swedish Royal Family, Former Personal Trainer, Gym Owner
- Father – Olle Westling (Bachelor of Social Services, Former Municipal Civil Servant)
- Mother – Ewa Westling (b. Ewa Westring)
- Sibling – Anna Westling Söderström (formerly Anna Westling Blom, b. Anna Westling) (Sister)
- Others – Anders Westling (Paternal Grandfather), Frida Berta Elisabet Borg (Paternal Grandmother), John Einar Westring (Maternal Grandfather), Nanny Birgitta Hugg (Maternal Grandmother), Carl XVI Gustaf (Father-In-Law) (King of Sweden), Queen Silvia of Sweden (Mother-In-Law) (Queen consort of Sweden as the spouse of King Carl XVI Gustaf), Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Sister-In-Law), Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland (Brother-In-Law)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prince Daniel has dated –
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden (2002-Present) – He married Crown Princess Victoria on June 19, 2010, on the 34th anniversary of her parents’ wedding, in Stockholm Cathedral. The duo has been blessed with 2 children – a daughter named Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland (b. February 23, 2012) and a son named Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne (b. March 2, 2016). They first met in 2001 when Prince Daniel became her personal trainer.
Race / Ethnicity
Prince Daniel is of Forest Finnish descent.
- Wears glasses
- A mole on his cheek
Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland Facts
- He was born on the same day Carl XVI Gustaf ascended the throne of Sweden. The following year, Prince Daniel was christened at Almby Church in January 1974.
- His father has been a leader in the Forest Finnish community.
- He has served in the Swedish Army at Hälsinge Regiment in Gävle.
- Prince Daniel has been a patron of organizations like A Swedish Classic, The Healthy Generation Foundation, International Society of Nephrology, and More Organ Donation.
- He has been bestowed with several foreign honors which include the Grand Cross of the Order of the White Rose of Finland, Grand Gwanghwa Medal of the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit, and Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic.
- In March 2021, it was announced that Prince Daniel and his wife, Crown Princess Victoria had been tested positive for coronavirus.
Featured Image by Bengt Nyman / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0