Andrew Austen Luck
Wolverine, Meal Ticket
Washington, D.C., United States
As he had to move to Germany due to his father’s job, he got his lower level education till the fourth grade at the Frankfurt International School. After his family moved to England, he went to The American School in London.
With his family back in the US, he attended Stratford High School in Houston and graduated in 2008. Then, he received an athletic scholarship from Stanford University from where he graduated in 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in architectural design.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Oliver Luck (Former NFL Player, Executive Vice President for regulatory affairs at the NCAA)
- Mother – Kathy Luck
- Siblings – Mary Ellen Luck (Younger Sister) (Volleyball Player), Emily Luck (Younger Sister), Addison Luck (Younger Brother)
Andrew Luck is represented by his uncle Will Wilson.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
109 kg or 240 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew Luck has dated –
- Nicole Pechanec (2009-Present) – Andrew Luck started dating Nicole Pechanec while studying at Stanford University. They were both architecture majors. In the university, they were quite a high profile athletics couple as Nicole was gymnastics team captain and Andrew was regularly seen cheering her at a number of high-profile competitions. It was reported that he had decided to stay in university in 2011 despite being eligible for NFL draft due to his desire to be with Nicole. They were reported to be living together in a condo in downtown Indianapolis.
Race / Ethnicity
- His lucky beard
- Muscular and tall body
Andrew Luck’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 48 in or 122 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Such was hype about Andrew Luck’s ability that Nike signed him up in March 2012 almost three months before he signed a professional contract with Indianapolis Colts.
In September 2013, he signed a deal to become an investor and partner in BodyArmor SuperDrink.
Apart from Nike, he has done promotional campaigns and TV adverts for the following brands –
- TD Ameritrade
- Lucas Oil
- EA Sports FIFA 13
- XFINITY X1
- Quaker Oats
Best Known For
- Being one of the most hyped prospects in NFL in recent memory.
- Turning out for Indianapolis Colts in NFL.
First American Football Match
On August 12, 2012, Andrew Luck made his debut for Indianapolis Colts against St. Louis Rams in a pre-season game.
He hasn’t made an appearance in a theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Andrew Luck made his first TV show appearance in talk-show Late Show with David Letterman as himself in 2012.
Andrew Luck has gained quite a notoriety for most intense dumbbell warm-up routine possible. In this routine, he performs 6 exercises without any rest in between and each exercise set has eight reps. The warm up exercises are as follows –
- Hang Snatch
- Squat Press
- Bent over Row
- Bicep Curl to Shoulder Press
- Upright Row
- Lateral Raise
This awesome and kickass warm-up routine is followed by series of deadlifts, squats, barbell rows, jump rope and bench presses. He also places a strong emphasis on core work, which he feels is fundamental for a quarterback.
Andrew Luck also follows a disciplined diet with a focus on eating lots of protein, vegetables and a decent helping of quality carbs. For breakfast, he eats eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, and potatoes. His remaining meals are comprised of rich protein sources such as fish, chicken, and steak. Also, the focus in on eating locally produced food items.
Andrew Luck Favorite Things
- Building in Indianapolis – Murat Theater
- Music Concert – Performed by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- Board Game – Settlers of Catan
- Oatmeal Recipe – Oatmeal with honey roasted maple pecans and bananas
- Foods – Baked Beans, Stinky Cheese, Chocolate, Duck Prosciutto, Beer
- Musician – Bruce Springsteen
- Book – Papillon by Henri Charrière
- Historical Fiction Writer – Bernard Cornwell
- MLS Team – Houston Dynamo
Andrew Luck Facts
- Andrew Luck loves traveling with his girlfriend and has traveled to India, Germany, and England amongst other locations.
- The reason behind the origin of his famous lucky beard was that he hated the razor burn caused by putting the chin strap on.
- He loves cycling and prefers to get around in Indianapolis using his mountain bike.
- Andrew Luck isn’t a great fan of smartphones and uses a simple and old fashioned Samsung flip phone, which he had bought after his old phone broke down.
- He spent a summer at the passing academy run by Peyton Manning before returning to complete his senior year in Stanford University.
- Due to spending some years of his childhood in England, he is an avid soccer fan and tries to squeeze in watching soccer matches in stadiums in his traveling schedule.
- In his second and third season with Indianapolis Colts, he led his team to two consecutive division titles, subsequently, earning Pro Bowl selection for both seasons.
- After graduating from high school, he had offers from prestigious institutes such as Rice, Virginia, Northwestern, Purdue and Oklahoma State.
- He served as a co-valedictorian in 2008 for his graduating class.
- In 2008, he took part in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
- While studying at Stanford University in 2011, he bagged numerous prestigious awards such as Walter Camp Player of the Year and Academic All-America of the Year.
- In June 2016, he inked a six-year contract extension with Indianapolis Colts of $140 million with a guarantee of minimum pay of $87 million, which made him the highest-paid player in the league.
- In 2014 season, he finished as the NFL passing touchdowns leader.
- He is credited for starting a book club at the Colts with Boys in the Boat, one of his favorites being the first book of the club.
- Andrew Luck doesn’t have any social media account. He had a Facebook account in high school but hasn’t used it ever since.