Peyton Williams Manning
Auto, the Sheriff, Peytie Pie
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Peyton Manning went to the Isidore Newman High School in New Orleans, Louisiana.
While at Newman, he excelled as a player and was one of the most sought after prodigies and was courted by more than 60 colleges.
He eventually opted to enroll in the University of Tennessee Volunteers to further enhance his football career. He graduated from the university in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts in speech communication.
Professional American Football Player (now Retired)
- Father – Archie Manning (Former Professional American Football Player)
- Mother – Olivia Manning (Housewife)
- Siblings – Eli Manning (Younger Brother) (Professional American Football Player), Cooper Manning (Older Brother) (TV Show Host)
He is represented by Tom Condon.
6 ft 5½ in or 197 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peyton Manning dated –
- Sarah Egnaczyk – Peyton Manning dated Sarah Egnaczyk before he decided to settle down. They went out during early days of their college.
- Angela Buchman (2009-2011) – Manning had an extra marital affair with Indianapolis weather reporter Angela Buchman from 2009 to 2011.
- Ashley Thompson (1997-Present) – Peyton and Ashley Thompson were introduced by Ashley’s parents’ neighbor before Manning began his freshman year in the college. They dated for around four years before getting married on St. Patrick’s Day in Memphis in 2001. Ashley gave birth to twins – a daughter Mosley Thompson and son Marshal Williams in March 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
- His imposing frame
- Balding hairline
- Thick southern accent
Peyton Manning’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Being one of the best quarterbacks of his generation has helped him become highest marketable NFL player for the decade.
As of 2016, he was making $12 million from endorsement deals with following companies –
- Papa John’s International
Best Known For
- Being one of the finest quarterbacks
- Being the most marketable NFL player for a decade
He has never appeared in a theatrical film; just couple of TV films.
First TV Show
Apart from telecast of NFL matches, his first TV appearance came in sports series ESPN 25: Who’s #1? as himself in an episode in 2004.
Peyton Manning is one of the most popular disciples of the D1 training philosophy. Peyton’s typical workout starts with doing core work as well as flexibility drills. Once his body is loose and drenched in sweat, he moves on to quick movement drills, which are aimed at improving his movement in the game and some old school weight lifting exercises.
Instead of performing number of sets of a particular exercise before moving to another exercise, he performs all his exercises in a circuit. He also does some work with ball to improve his overall game performance.
To fuel his aging muscles, Peyton gives his body with some heavy duty nutrients before the game.
His pregame meal used to be pasta with marinara sauce, two grilled chickens, ½ cup of broccoli, plain baked potatoes and around 32 oz. bottle of Gatorade.
Peyton Manning Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken Parm
- TV Shows – Boardwalk Empire (2010-2014)
- Movies – The Jerk (1979), Caddyshack (1980), Stripes (1981), Fletch (1985), National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983)
Peyton Manning Facts
- While at the university, Peyton was excellent in academics and was also selected to the Phi Beta Kappa Society in 1997.
- For his excellence in academics as well as sports, he was given the National Scholar-Athlete Award by the National Football Foundation.
- At the University of Tennessee Volunteers, he became their leading passer with 11,201 yards and affected more than 89 touchdowns.
- With his university, he managed to win 39 out of 45 games he played as a starter, which was the new Southeastern Conference (SEC) record.
- While playing for his university, he won the Best College Player ESPY award as well as Davey O’Brien Award and Johnny Unitas Award.
- The Indianapolis Colts picked him as the first overall pick at the 1998 NFL draft.
- Peyton holds the record for producing most career touchdown passes (539), most passing yards (71,940) and most touchdown passes in a season (55).
- Manning has also tried his hand at writing and co-authored fiction book Family Huddle with his father and brother Eli.
- In 2012, he acquired the Papa John’s pizza franchise, which has around 21 restaurants in Denver.
- Manning has been declared as the NFL’s most valuable player on record five occasions, which is a record in the history of the league.
- Peyton has been named in the first team All-Pro on 7 occasions and was selected to the Pro Bowl 14 times, which is a record.
- Apart from Brett Favre, he is the only player to hold the distinction of having defeated all the 32 franchise teams in the history of NFL.
- Manning is the only quarterback in the NFL history to win the prestigious Super Bowl with two different franchises.
- He holds the distinction for completing at least 4,000 passing yards for most number of seasons (14).
- Peyton wears the number 18 jersey out of honor for his older brother Cooper, who was forced to abandon his dreams of playing professional football due to spinal problem.
- The Newman High School retired the number 18 jersey to honor their most famous student. The school has put jersey on display in the gym.
- Peyton Manning founded the Peyback Foundation shortly after turning professional player. The foundation focuses on helping underprivileged kids.
- At the start of 2011 season, he suffered a neck injury and had to undergo spinal fusion surgery, which according to doctors could have ended his career.
- For his great performances in 2012 season with Denver Broncos, he won the 2012 NFL Comeback Player of the Year.
- Visit Peyton Manning’s official website @ peytonmanning.com.