|Sonam Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sonam Khan is an Indian actor and former model who rose to acclaim with her work in Bollywood and Telugu cinema. Her film credits include Tridev, Samrat, Vijay, Aakhri Adaalat, Mugguru Kodukulu, Aakhri Ghulam, Aakhri Baazi, Mitti Aur Sona, Sachai Ki Taqat, Asmaan Se Ooncha, Hum Bhi Insaan Hain, Ajooba, Dushman Devta, Gola Barood, Kroadh, Chor Pe Mor, Naakabandi, Mandira, Aaj Ke Shahenshah, Vishwatma, Shera Shamshera, Kodama Simham, Apmaan Ki Aag, Swarg Jaisaa Ghar, Raiszaada, Ajooba Kudrat Ka, Fateh, Do Matwale, Baaz, Police Wala, and Insaniyat. Throughout her career, she worked with many noted actors such as Govinda, Chunky Pandey, Chiranjeevi, and Naseeruddin Shah.
Sonam Khan, Sonam Rai
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Former Model
- Father – Mushir Khan
- Mother – Talat Khan
- Others – Gulshan Madhosh Rai (March 2, 1924 – October 11, 2004) (Ex Father-In-Law) (Film Producer, Film Distributor), Raza Murad (Uncle) (Actor), Sanober Kabir (First-Cousin) (Former Actor), Hamid Ali Murad (September 24, 1911 – April 24, 1997) (known simply as Murad) (Grandfather) (Character Actor)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sonam Khan has dated –
- Rajiv Rai – She got married to film director, screenwriter, and film editor Rajiv Rai in the year 1991. Rajiv directed her in 2 films – Tridev (1989) and Vishwatma (1992). Following their marriage, Sonam quit acting in order to care for her family. The duo was blessed with a son named Gaurav “Rolly” Rai. The family had to leave India in 1997 after an attempt was made on her husband’s life by gunmen working for organized crime leader Abu Salem. They settled in Switzerland for nearly 2 decades. However, the marriage became a troubled one due to the troubles being faced by them from the underworld as well as their inability to pursue their respective careers in India. They eventually separated and after 15 years of separation, the duo finally divorced in 2016.
- Murali Poduval (2017-Present) – She married Murali Poduval in the year 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She was raised in a Muslim household.
Sonam Khan Facts
- Her parents named her “Bakhtavar” and her screen name “Sonam” was reportedly suggested by Yash Chopra in order for her to become more marketable in the Indian film industry.
- Along with Naseeruddin Shah, Sunny Deol, Jackie Shroff, Madhuri Dixit, Sangeeta Bijlani, Anupam Kher, and Amrish Puri, Sonam Khan co-starred as Renuka in the action thriller film Tridev in 1989. The film became the 3rd highest-grossing film of 1989 and won three Filmfare Awards at the 35th Filmfare Awards in 1990.
- She co-starred as Anupama/Neelima in the Bollywood action film Mitti Aur Sona in 1989.
- Opposite Mithun Chakraborty, she appeared as Sonam Singh in the 1989 Hindi-language action film Aakhri Ghulam.
- Alongside Dev Anand, Aditya Pancholi, Jaaved Jaaferi, Kiran Kumar, Hemant Birje, and Sumeet Saigal, Sonam Khan co-starred as Barkha in the 1989 Bollywood action film Lashkar.
- She brought to life the character of Sonu (Vijay’s girlfriend) in the 1990 Bollywood action film Kroadh. Her co-stars for the project included Sanjay Dutt, Sunny Deol, and Amrita Singh.
- Alongside Chiranjeevi, Radha, Pran, Mohan Babu, and Kannada Prabhakar, Sonam co-starred in the Telugu-language revisionist Western action film Kodama Simham in 1990.
- Sonam Khan played Shehzadi Henna in the 1990 superhero film Ajooba, loosely based on Arabic folklore such as One Thousand and One Nights. Sonam starred in the film alongside Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor, Dimple Kapadia, Shammi Kapoor, Dara Singh, Saeed Jaffrey, and Amrish Puri.
- She was seen as Renuka (Surya’s love interest and fiancée and Madan’s sister-in-law) in the Hindi-language thriller film Vishwatma in 1992. A cult classic, the film received critical acclaim and became the 6th highest-grossing Indian film of 1992.
- Sonam was cast as Radha in the Hindi-language action thriller film Insaniyat in 1994.
Featured Image by Sonam Khan / Instagram