|Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 2012|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland is a member of the Swedish royal family as the older child of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland. She is 2nd in the line of succession to the Swedish throne and the oldest grandchild of King Carl XVI Gustaf.
Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary
Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland
Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
Princess Estelle attended Äventyret Preschool in Danderyd Municipality, Stockholm, and then joined the Campus Manila School in August 2018.
Member of the Swedish Royal Family
- Father – Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland (Member of the Swedish Royal Family, Former Personal Trainer, Gym Owner)
- Mother – Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden (Heir apparent to the Swedish throne)
- Sibling – Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne (Younger Brother)
- Others – Olle Westling (Paternal Grandfather) (Bachelor of Social Services, Former Municipal Civil Servant), Ewa Westling (b. Ewa Westring) (Paternal Grandmother), Carl XVI Gustaf (Maternal Grandfather) (King of Sweden), Queen Silvia of Sweden (Maternal Grandmother) (Queen consort of Sweden as the spouse of King Carl XVI Gustaf), Anna Westling Söderström (formerly Anna Westling Blom, b. Anna Westling) (Paternal Aunt), Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Maternal Aunt), Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland (Maternal Uncle)
4 ft 5 in or 134.5 cm
28 kg or 61.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Princess Estelle is of Forest Finnish descent on her father’s side.
Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland Facts
- She was born at 04:26 CET and her birth was celebrated by two 21-gun salutes on the island Skeppsholmen, opposite the Royal Palace in the capital Stockholm.
- Princess Estelle was baptized on May 22, 2012, at the Royal Chapel of Stockholm Palace in Stockholm, Sweden by Archbishop Anders Wejryd.
- She was given her 4th name ‘Mary’ after Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.
- Princess Estelle’s godparents are her maternal uncle Prince Carl Philip of Sweden; her paternal aunt Anna Westling-Söderström; Willem-Alexander, the then-Prince of Orange; Crown Princess Mary of Denmark; and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway.
- In May 2014, she inaugurated a fairytale path, named in her honor as “Duchess Estelle’s Fairytale Path” in Tåkern, Östergötland.
- Her full titled is “Her Royal Highness Princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, Duchess of Östergötland”.
- Princess Estelle is the first female in Swedish history to be born with a right to inherit the crown that cannot be superseded by the birth of a male heir as well as the first person in Swedish history to be born of a female heir apparent.
- On January 2, 2020, she suffered a fracture to a leg while skiing with her family and celebrating the New Year. Despite the injury being believed as a minor one, her mother canceled her travel to Norway for the funeral of her close friend Ari Behn.
Featured Image by Bengt Nyman / Flickr / CC BY 2.0