|Raai Laxmi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 5, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Raai Laxmi is a well distinguished Indian actress and model who is prominently known for her appearances in the Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, and Kannada film industry. Over a span of 14 years until August 2019, she had already appeared in more than 50 films. Some of them are, Kundakka Mandakka (2005), Valmiki (2005), Neeku Naaku (2006), Dharmapuri (2006), Nenjai Thodu (2007), Rock N’ Roll (2007), Annan Thambi (2008), Dhaam Dhoom (2008), 2 Harihar Nagar (2009), Evidam Swargamanu (2009), Pen Singam (2010), Muni 2: Kanchana (2011), Mankatha (2011), Casanovva (2012), Kalpana (2012), Onbadhule Guru (2013), Rajadhi Raja (2014), Akira (2016), Julie 2 (2017), and Neeya 2 (2019).
Besides that, she has also been the eyes of fans with the seductive and rather bold pictures that she uploads to her social media accounts. Also, she has a huge fan base with more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 7 million followers on Facebook.
Krish, Lucky Rai, Lakshmi, Lachu, Krishna, Raai Lakshmi
Belagavi, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Raai completed her primary schooling from Bangalore, before moving to Belgaum, where she studied until grade 8. After which, she decided to discontinue her studies to become an actress. In the past, she attended acting lessons under the careful guidance of actress Padmini Kolhapure.
- Father – Ram Rai (Businessman)
- Mother – Manjula Rai (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Ashwin Rai (Older Sister), Reshma Rai (Older Sister)
Raai Laxmi is represented by Vega Entertainment.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Raai has dated –
- S. Sreesanth – Raai and Indian bowler S. Sreesanth dated one another in the past. However, the two denied the accusation. Sreesanth told the press, that “I happened to visit Lakshmi Rai on the sets of her Kannada film, and before you knew it, the tabloids called us an item.”
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni (2008) – Raai and Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni started dating one another after they had met during an IPL success party in 2008. At the time, she was the brand ambassador for the Chennai Super Kings. The duo instantly clicked and started doing the rounds with each other. However, their wonderous relationship did not live past the same year and they split. In a biopic of Dhoni’s titled M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016), her part of the ordeal was rumored to be entered before the release of the film. Nevertheless, when Raai was asked about how she would feel if her story was also included in the film she stated, “I hope not. Though there was an indirect approach to know the story from my side but I have not given any such consent so they cannot claim a relationship existed unless they take names in the film,” she says adding, “(Also) it’s not that he (Dhoni) has dated only me in his life.” Raai also claimed, “There have been other girls too that he’s been in a relationship with after me.”
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Saurashtrian heritage.
- Hawk nose
- Beautiful eyes
- Thick eyebrows
- Chiseled jawline
Raai has done endorsement work for various brands such as –
- Saravana Stores
- Fair & Lovely
- M. K. Fabrics
Best Known For
- Starring alongside some of South India’s top actors like Mohanlal, Pawan Kalyan, Chiranjeevi, Mammootty, Ravi Teja, Ajith Kumar, and many more
- Starring as the titular character in Julie 2 (2017), Christina in Irumbu Kuthirai (2014), Maya in Aranmanai (2014), Balupu (2013), Sofia in Christian Brothers (2011), Priya in Muni 2: Kanchana (2011), Sona in Mankatha (2011), and as Aarthi Chinappa in Dhaam Dhoom (2008)
- For the many stage performances that she has done during major award shows like the Vanitha Film Awards (2018) and Mirchi Music Awards (2016)
Laxmi made her debut Tamil theatrical film appearance as Anjali in Karka Kasadara in 2005. Also, cast in the lead role were actor Vikranth, Diya, and Vadivelu.
She made her first Telugu theatrical film appearance as Kanchana in Kanchanamala Cable TV in 2005.
Raai made her debut Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Daya Sreenivas in Rock N’ Roll in 2007. Besides her, the movie featured actor Mohanlal, Mukesh, Rahman, Lal, Siddique, Harisree Ashokan, and Jagathy Sreekumar in the lead roles.
She made her first Kannada theatrical film appearance as “Herself” in Snehana Preethina in 2007. Laxmi worked along with the likes of actor Darshan, Aditya, and Sindhu Tolani.
Raai made her debut Hindi theatrical film appearance as Maya in AR Murugadoss’s Akira in 2016. She was cast alongside actress Sonakshi Sinha who played the titular character.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a contestant on the Malayalam reality show Star Challenge in 2015.
Laxmi does follow a regular gym routine in order to maintain her svelte figure. In an interview with India Times, she told them that in order to land her role in the Irumbu Kuthirai (2014), she had to shed 15 kgs in 2 months.
To achieve this, she pushed herself past the 21-day healthy eating milestone, despite being an utter foodie. Raai also spoke about how she had improved her metabolism by giving up on eating any kind of carbohydrate food like chappatis and instead, obtained a protein-based diet that included “boiled vegetables, and chicken.”
The actress had previously tried losing weight through various diet plans and regular gym visits but failed to lose any weight. Hence, she turned her attention towards her rate of metabolism and adopted ways to increase it.
An insight into her daily routine consists of a 75 minutes morning workout, which includes therapy sessions on every second day to help aid in smooth blood flow. After that, she enjoys a light breakfast to get her going for the day.
Laxmi believes that “Fitness is so important” and now she considers “eating right” to be just as important to achieving health targets.
For lunch, she prefers to eat a heavy meal by 1:30 pm. Thereafter, Raai only eats fruit if and when she is hungry until her supper time. As for dinner, she prefers to eat it before 8 o’clock. Hence, giving her enough time to digest her food before going to bed. She also prefers to carry vegetables and cereal to her set.
Despite the strict routine she follows, Raai never lets out pampering herself with some cheat days, during which she either eats out or has more food than usual.
She also never goes anywhere without a bottle of water.
Her make up routine consists of a smoothing primer from Sephora, that she uses, to begin with, her makeup. Then she uses her eye shadow palette from Huda Beauty. She also uses a Shimmer from Fenty Beauty after applying blush, in order to get a natural glow.
Raai also prefers to use a thick eyeliner pencil from Sephora, to be able to make thicker lines. She also uses a mascara from Laura Mercier. Raai also loves to use lip liners, to give her lips more definition.
Last but not least, she also uses a compact to dab on during the day.
Raai Laxmi Favorite Things
- Get Away Place – Belgaum, Karnataka
- Primer – Sephora
- Color From The HUDA Beauty Eye Shadow Palette – Angelic
- Shimmer – Fenty Beauty
- Lipstick Shade – Cream Paint
- Kajal Stick Brand – Sephora
- Lipstick Shade Of All-Time – Huda Beauty’s Bombshell
Raai Laxmi Facts
- She spent her early days in Bengaluru before moving to Belgaum with her 2 older sisters and parents.
- Her family named her Lakshmi after Goddess Lakshmi.
- Growing up, she took part in cultural activities and also appeared in a few commercials.
- At the age of 15, she was taller than the other children of her age group. Hence, her parents would worry about being able to find a groom for her.
- Being the tallest out of a whole lot of kids, she almost always had the upper hand in sports while in school. She once also stated the “many would back out when I would step in”. Due to this, she would have to compete with children who were older than her.
- She is originally from Kutch in Gujarat.
- Being the youngest child born to Ram Rai and Manjula Rai, her parents expected a boy. However, they had a girl for the 3rd time as well. Hence, Ram raised Laxmi as a boy. She had to keep her hair short and was also nicknamed “Krish.”
- When actress Padmini Kolhapure announced about the opening of her acting school during an annual day function held in Raai’s school, the idea of getting into the showbiz stuck with her. She was in class 8 at the time.
- After many failed attempts of convincing her parents to let her pursue acting, Raai eventually sold a gold chain of her’s and got on to a train to Mumbai. It was only after she got there that, she told her parents she was going to join the acting lessons.
- Prior to discovering her passion for showbiz, she had won the Miss Belgaum beauty pageant in 2003 and 2004. Later, she went on to win the Miss Karnataka title as well. Subsequently, she had also quit her studies as she was doing part-time modeling, so there was no looking back for her.
- Raai was 15 years old when she was cast in her debut theatrical film Karka Kasadara in 2005.
- Despite the kind of appearance she has while working, Raai is a spiritual person who respects all-religion and goes on a religious trip when she is free. Raai also enjoys spending her free time horse riding or going biking.
- She is obsessed with the sweet dish with Belgavi Kunda. She also enjoys tucking into street food like chaat.
- In 2011, Raai was made the brand ambassador of Kerala Strikers for the Celebrity Cricket League.
- Raai got her silver screen breakthrough as Aarthi Chinappa in the film Dhaam Dhoom in 2008. Prior to that, she had starred in 14 other movies.
- She is informally said to be one of the most talked-about dancers of the film industry. Raai has performed on various occasions such as at the Vanitha Film Awards (2018) and the Mirchi Music Awards (2016).
- If it wasn’t for acting, she would have been into sports professionally.
- 5 things that she can’t do without is her phone, music, wallet, gym, and friends.
- In the past, she was voted “Best Actress In a Negative Role” during a poll conducted by the Times of India.
- Raai did her debut item dance number in the film Balupu (2013) alongside actor Ravi Teja.
- She has modeled for various brands like Bru coffee, Saravana Stores, and Fair & Lovely.
- Raai was the chosen brand ambassador for the Indian Premier League’s Chennai Super Kings team in 2008.
- She changed her name from ‘Lakshmi Rai’ to ‘Raai Laxmi’ in 2017. According to the actress, she had been wanting to do so ever since she was very young. It was also something that her father insisted that she should do.
- In 2017, she was cast in the sequel titled Julie 2. The first part titled Julie was released in 2004. It featured actress Neha Dhupia as the titular character.
- She finds actor Prabhas as the hottest in Tollywood.
- Raai has been featured on the cover of several magazines such as FWD, Cinesprint, and Glamour.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Raai Laxmi / Instagram