|Rakul Preet Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rakul Preet Singh is an Indian actress, model, and beauty queen who is best known for her work in the Telugu and Tamil show biz. However, the beautiful actress has also starred in many Hindi and Kannada hit films like Aiyaary (2018), Yaariyan (2014), and Gilli (2009). A few of Rakul’s notable Telugu appearances were in Venkatadri Express (2013), Loukyam (2014), Nannaku Prematho (2016), Kick 2 (2015), and Bruce Lee – The Fighter (2015). As a part of her acting career, she has worked with many leading actors from the south like Ravi Teja, Ram Charan, Jr. Ntr, Allu Arjun, as well as Bollywood actors like Ajay Devgn, Tabu, Ritesh Deshmukh, and Sidharth Malhotra. Rakul has also won many beauty pageants like People’s Choice Miss Indiatimes 58888 and the Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face. She has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 8.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 8 million followers on Facebook, and more than 5 million followers on Twitter.
Rakul Preet Singh
New Delhi, India
Rakul studied at the Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan. After that, she went on to pursue a Bachelor of Mathematics (Honors) from Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi.
Actress, Model, Beauty Queen, Entrepreneur
- Father – Rajender Singh (Army Veteran)
- Mother – Kulwinder Singh
- Siblings – Aman Preet Singh (Brother)
Rakul is represented by Harinath (Manager).
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rakul has dated –
- Rana Daggubati (2018) – Actor Rana Duggabati and Rakul were rumored to be dating one another in 2018. However, the two have stated that they are close friends and that they also have common friends, which is why they hang out with one another quite often.
Race / Ethnicity
- Lean physique
- Plush lips
- High cheekbones
- Thick eyebrows
Rukal has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- R.S. Brothers
Through her social media, she has also promoted or endorsed many brands like –
- Versus Versace
- Mobile Premier League
Best Known For
- Being cast in several Hindi and Kannada films such as Aiyaary (2018), Yaariyan (2014), and Gilli (2009)
- Starring as Prarthana in Venkatadri Express (2013), Chandrakala in Loukyam (2014), Chaitra in Kick 2 (2015), Riya Bharadwaj in Bruce Lee – The Fighter (2015), and Divyanka in Nannaku Prematho (2016)
- Winning several awards such as the CineMAA Award in 2015 and the 6th South Indian International Movie Award in 2017
- Receiving many beauty pageants titles like People’s Choice Miss Indiatimes 58888 in 2011, “Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face”, “Femina Miss Talented”, “Femina Miss Beautiful Smile”, and “Femina Miss Beautiful Eyes”
- Acting alongside several highly regarded actors like Ravi Teja, Ram Charan, Jr. Ntr, Allu Arjun, as well as Bollywood actors like Ajay Devgn, Tabu, Riteish Deshmukh, and Sidharth Malhotra
- Being featured on the cover of several magazines such as WOW, FHM, Maxim, Health, jfW, Cinesprint, We, Wedding Vows, Red, and Femina Wedding Times
Rakul made her debut Kannada theatrical film appearance as Arati in Gilli in 2009.
She made her first Telugu theatrical film appearance as Sangeetha in Keratam in 2011.
Her debut Tamil theatrical film appearance was as Gayathri Ramakrishnan in Thadaiyara Thaakka in 2012.
Rakul made her first Bollywood theatrical film appearance as Saloni in Yaariyan in 2014.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the talk show Comedy Nights with Kapil in 2014.
Rakul is a complete fitness freak, whose focus is to attain and maintain a lean, athletic as well as toned physique. She does go to the gym every day where she performs cardio-intensive exercises such as upside down crunches for her abdominal area along with many more workouts like boxing and cycling. Her routines are set by her trainer MFT Harrison James.
Her nutritionist is Rashi Chowdhary. As of March 2019, Rakul was eating a bowl full of sweet potato on a daily basis.
Rakul Preet Singh Favorite Things
- Actors – Pawan Kalyan, Allu Arjun
- Eatable – Sweet Potato
Rakul Preet Singh Facts
- She was raised in Delhi. Her father Rajender is an army veteran.
- Rakul had always known that she wanted to be an actress when she grew up.
- Her first name, Rakul is a combination of her father’s first two initials from his name and her mother’s first 3 initials from her name.
- Rakul was in grade 2 when she started taking karate lessons. She went on to attain a blue belt in the combat sport. Later, she started playing many other games like lawn tennis and golf.
- She was in college when she started modeling at the age of 18.
- Rakul was 19 years old when she got cast in the film Gilli in 2009.
- In 2011, she was voted as the ‘People’s Choice Miss Indiatimes 58888’. The same year she also ranked at 5th place during the ‘Femina Miss India’ pageant.
- In the past, she took up an active franchise of gyms called Functional 45 Training. The gyms can be found in many cities including Gachibowli, Kokapet, and Visakhapatnam.
- In 2013, Rakul started an eponymous YouTube channel to which she uploads trailers, vlogs, and workout videos.
- Rakul once stated in an interview with Deccan Chronicle, that she had agreed to star in her debut film Gilli “with the aim to earn a little extra pocket money”.
- In 2016, Deccan Chronicle reported that Rakul charged a huge remuneration of INR 1.5 crore to act in director Boyapati Srinu’s Jaya Janaki Nayaka, which was released in 2017.
- In the past, Rakul bought a 3 bedroom house in Lotus Pond, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad to live with her parents. The apartment cost an astonishing INR 3 crore.
- Besides being an actor and beauty queen, Rakul is also a national level golfer and a trained equestrian.
- In 2018, Rakul was featured on the cover of Maxim‘s February edition.
- She is a skilled Bharatanatyam dancer.
- In January 2019, Rakul was body-shamed on Twitter. People accused her of sleeping with someone in her car by judging the attire she chose to wear on that day. However, she got back at the trollers with a rather strong yet timid tweet.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC-BY-3.0