Ranjit Singh Bajwa
Wadala Granthian Village, Gurdaspur, Punjab, India
Ranjit Bawa went to the Guru Nanak College, Batala for his graduate-level studies. He graduated from the college with Bachelors in Political Science.
He later got enrolled at the Khalsa College, Amritsar, where he pursued Masters in Political Science.
- Mother – Gurmit Kaur Bajwa
Ranjit Bawa is represented by Deputy Vohra and Shamsher Singh.
Panjabi, Bhangra, Romantic, Pop, Sikh, Punjabi Folk
- Speed Records
- JRS Music
- Behal Music
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ranjit Bawa has rarely spoken about his personal life while interacting with the media, which makes it difficult to find a definite information about his love life and dating history. However, in his interview with journalist Pritpal Siyan, he revealed that he has endured heartbreak as someone he loved got married to some other man.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Wears a turban
Best Known For
- Being cast in the title role in the semi-biographical drama movie, Toofan Singh. The movie was based on the life of an 80’s social activist.
- Having released scores of hit and successful singles such as Jatt Di Akal, Sadi Wari Aun De, Mitti Da Bawa, Sher Marna, and Yaari Chandigarh Waliye.
- Having played supporting roles in successful movies such as Sarvann and Vekh Baraatan Challiyan.
In 2015, he released his debut music album, Mitti Da Bawa.
In 2017, he made his theatrical film debut in the thriller movie, Sarvann.
First TV Show
Ranjit Bawa has appeared in a number of TV shows such as PTC Showcase and Tashan Da Peg.
Ranjit Bawa Facts
- He had first written his breakthrough single Jatt Di Akal while he was studying at the Khalsa College. He has performed it at a number of college functions.
- Early in his career, he used to perform at wrestling events and kabaddi matches for free in a bid to gain the necessary exposure.
- He started singing at a very young age and started participating in the musical competitions while studying in school.
- While studying in college, he often used to sing Pakistani song, Bol Mitti Deya Baweya and because of this song, people started calling him “Bawa”.
- His debut album Mitti Da Bawa went on to win the Best World Album award at the Brit Asia Awards in 2015.
- He has also participated in the music talent TV show, Voice of Punjab 2.
- He improved his singing skills under the guidance of Master Mangal.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ranjit Bawa / Instagram