|Ranjit Bawa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ranjit Bawa is an Indian singer and actor who has predominantly worked in the Punjabi entertainment industry. His song titled Jatt Di Akal became a huge hit and broke many Punjabi records. Ranjit Bawa’s discography also includes several other tracks and albums such as Mitti Da Bawa, Yaari Chandigarh Waliye, Dollar V Roti, Bandook, Lahore, Jatt Da Dar, Sassi, Swag Jatt Da, Botti Botti, Pagg Da Brand, Ik Tare Wala, Khand Da Khidona, Sanjha Punjab, LOUD, Nanke Dadke, Ghungroo, Pata Lagna, Jeonda Rahe Gora, Ve Geetan Waleya, Yaar Driver, Kache Kothe, and Much. In addition to that, he has been cast in a variety of movies which include the likes of Toofan Singh, Sarvann, Vekh Baraatan Challiyan, Khido Khundi, Mr and Mrs 420 Returns, Bhalwan Singh, and High End Yaariyan.
Ranjit Singh Bajwa
Wadala Granthian Village, Gurdaspur, Punjab, India
Ranjit Bawa went to the Guru Nanak College, Batala for his graduate-level studies. He graduated from the college with Bachelor’s degree in Political Science.
He later got enrolled at the Khalsa College, Amritsar, where he pursued his Master’s in Political Science.
- Mother – Gurmit Kaur Bajwa
Ranjit Bawa has been represented by Deputy Vohra and Shamsher Singh.
Panjabi, Bhangra, Romantic, Pop, Sikh, Punjabi Folk
- Speed Records
- JRS Music
- Behal Music
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ranjit Bawa has rarely spoken about his personal life while interacting with the media, which makes it difficult to find definite information about his love life and dating history. However, in his interview with journalist Pritpal Siyan, he revealed that he has endured heartbreak as someone he loved got married to some other man.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Wears a turban
Best Known For
- Being cast in the title role in the semi-biographical drama movie, Toofan Singh. The movie was based on the life of an 80s social activist. In 2016, the Indian Central Board of Film Certification banned the movie.
- Having released a number of hit and successful singles such as Jatt Di Akal, Sadi Wari Aun De, Mitti Da Bawa, Sher Marna, and Yaari Chandigarh Waliye
- Having played supporting roles in successful movies such as Sarvann and Vekh Baraatan Challiyan
In 2015, he released his debut music album, Mitti Da Bawa.
In 2017, he made his theatrical film debut in the Punjabi language thriller film, Sarvann.
First TV Show
Ranjit Bawa has appeared in a number of TV shows such as PTC Showcase and Tashan Da Peg.
Ranjit Bawa Facts
- He had first written his breakthrough single Jatt Di Akal while he was studying at Khalsa College. He has performed it at a number of college functions.
- Early in his career, he used to perform at wrestling events and kabaddi matches for free in a bid to gain the necessary exposure.
- He started singing at a very young age and started participating in musical competitions while studying in school.
- While studying in college, he often used to sing the Pakistani song, Bol Mitti Deya Baweya and because of this song, people started calling him “Bawa”.
- His debut album Mitti Da Bawa went on to win the Best World Album award at the Brit Asia Awards in 2015.
- He has also participated in the music talent TV show, Voice of Punjab 2.
- He brought to life the character of Shindi in the 2017 romantic comedy film Vekh Baraatan Challiyan. His co-stars for the project included Binnu Dhillon, Kavita Kaushik, Jaswinder Bhalla, and Karamjit Anmol.
- Alongside Jassi Gill, Karamjit Anmol, Jaswinder Bhalla, Payal Rajput, and Gurpreet Ghuggi, he co-starred as Laadi in the Punjabi comedy film Mr & Mrs 420 Returns. The film is a sequel to the 2014 comedy film Mr & Mrs 420.
- He improved his singing skills under the guidance of Master Mangal.
- Opposite Nazia Hussain, he co-starred in the 2019 Punjabi-language romantic drama film Tara Mira.
Featured Image by Ranjit Bawa / Instagram