|Rashmika Mandanna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rashmika Mandanna is an Indian actress and model who is best known for her prominent appearance in Telugu, Kannada, and Tamil films. She is also noted for her important portrayal of Saanvi Joseph in Kirik Party (2016), L. Karthika in Chalo (2018), and as the titular character in Geetha Govindam (2018). Besides that, she has also appeared in various other hit films such as Anjani Putra (2017), Chamak (2017), and Yajamana (2019). Rashmika has also received many awards including the South Indian International Movie Awards for “Best Debut Actress in a leading role,” Zee Cine Awards for “Favorite Actress,” and the Zee Kannada Hemmeya Kannadathi Award for “Best Actress.” With time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 3.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook.
Rosh, Nonu, Moni, Roshlu
Virajpet, Kodagu, Karnataka, India
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Rashmika had studied at Coorg Public School in Kodagu. Later, she went on to pursue a pre-university course from Mysore Institute of Commerce and Arts.
In the past, she attended the Ramaiah College of Arts, Science, and Commerce from where she attained a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Journalism, and English Literature.
- Father – Madan Mandanna
- Mother – Suman Mandanna
- Siblings – Shiman Mandanna (Older Sister)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rashmika has dated –
- Rakshit Shetty (2016-2018) – Actor, film producer, and screenwriter Rakshit Shetty and Rshmika Mandanna met one another on the set of the film Kirik Party in 2016. The couple instantly clicked and started dating one another. The following year, on July 3, 2017, the duo had gotten engaged at a homely function in her native town Kundalloor. However, in September 2018, Rakshit and Rashmika had announced the end of their engagement. They stated that the reason for her breakup was due to issues related to compatibility.
- Vijay Devarakonda (2018) – Rashmika was rumored to have been dating actor Vijay Devarakonda who she met on the set of Geetha Govindam (2018). However, As of September 2019, the couple had not spoken about the speculations that been going around about them.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick eyebrows
- Almond eyes
- Roman nose
- Wide smile
Through her social media, Rashmika has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
- Mine Of Design
- Sikandar Nawaz Sarwar
- Preetham Jukalker
She has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Clean & Clear
- KLM Fashion Mall
Best Known For
- Working with various well-known stars such as Nani, Nagarjuna Akkineni, Naga Shourya, Aakanksha Singh, Darshan, Tanya Hope, Vijay Devarakonda, and P. Ravishankar
- Starring as Saanvi Joseph in Kirik Party (2016), Geetha in Anjani Putra (2017), Kushi in Chamak (2017), Geetha in Geetha Govindam (2018), Inspector Pooja in Devadas (2018), and Lilly in Dear Comrade (2019)
- Winning several awards such as the South Indian International Movie Awards for “Best Debut Actress in a leading role”, Zee Cine Awards for “Favorite Actress”, and the Filmibeat Award for “Best Debutant Actress”
- Being titled as a “Karnataka Crush” as well as a number #1 place on Bangalore Times’s “30 Most Desirable Woman of 2017” list
- Working in many films that made it into the 100 crore box office club
- Winning the Clean & Clear “Fresh Face of India” (2012) beauty pageant
Rashmika made her debut Kannada theatrical film appearance as Saanvi Joseph in Kirik Party in 2016.
She made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as L. Karthika in Chalo in 2018. Rashmika was featured alongside actor Naga Shaurya.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a “Guest” in Bigg Boss Kannada in 2016.
Rashmika does go to the gym as besides just being a hardworking actress, she is also a fitness enthusiast. Her workout routine generally consists of cardio-intensive exercises such as box jumps, sprints, treadmill running, sit-ups, v-ups, crunches, etc. A video uploaded by Pinkvilla South also showed the beautiful actress performing a handstand perfectly.
Rashmika Mandanna Favorite Things
- Actress – Emma Watson
- Alcoholic Drink – Sula Red wine
Rashmika Mandanna Facts
- She was raised in Virajpete, Kodagu.
- Rashmika is a trained journalist and psychologist by profession. However, she always knew that she wanted to become an actress.
- She began her career with modeling in 2012 while she was still in college. Thereafter, she begun appearing in commercials.
- During her modeling stint, she competed in the Clean & Clear “Fresh Face of India” (2012) beauty pageant and won. Thereafter, she served as the face of the brand. It was from there that, pictures of her aesthetic lead got the attention of the makers of Kirik Party. She was cast in it in 2014.
- In 2013, she was crowned as the winner of the “LaMode Bangalore’s Top Model Hunt” TVC.
- Rashmika got her breakthrough as an actress at the age of 19 alongside actor Rakshit Shetty, Samyuktha Hegde, Aravinnd Iyer, Dhananjay Ranjan, and Pramod Shetty in Kirik Party in 2016.
- While studying, Rashmika also modeled and appeared in various advertisements.
- Rashmika is well-known in her home state as the “Karnataka Crush.”
- She piloted Bangalore Times’s “30 Most Desirable Woman of 2017”.
- In 2018, Rashmika’s film Geetha Govindam became of the highest-grossing films in Telugu cinema. She was cast as the titular character alongside actor Vijay Devarakonda.
- She made it into the Tollywood INR 100 crore club within a short span of just 2 years since she joined in 2016.
- Rashmika is inspired by the work of late actress Sridevi.
- In 2019, it was announced that Rashmika would be cast alongside Bollywood’s leading actor Shahid Kapoor in a Hindi remake of producer Dil Raju’s Jersey (2019).
- She once told the media, that she does not take up commercial films because she would like to be able to choose the kind of films she acts in and not just be a “doll.”
- Rashmika has a tattoo with the word “Irreplaceable” written on her right forearm. According to sources, her ex-fiance Rakshit is the reason behind it.
- A quality that she admires the most in a man is a genuine caring nature for the people around him. He also needs to be romantic and tall.
- She was once considered as a threat to actress Sai Pallavi‘s career.
- The most annoying question that she finds is about her relationship status.
- Rashmika nicknamed actor Vijay Devarakonda as “Vij.”
- She does not like to sit on the back seat of a bike.
- Rashmika once stated that her father is a smoker and she also dislikes smokers.
- She considers herself to be a “very middle-class kind of girl.”
- Rashmika once stated that she is not a movie buff.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Rashamika Mandanna / Instagram