|Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1987|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. is an American professional stock car racing driver who is best known for competing in the NASCAR Cup Series. As of January 2023, he drives the No. 47 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 for JTG Daugherty Racing. He has also represented teams like Wood Brothers Racing, Roush Fenway Racing, Bill McAnally Racing, and Big Machine Racing in the past. During the course of his career, Ricky has participated in several tournaments such as Sprint Cup Series, Food City 500, Toyota/Save Mart 350, American Sprint Car Series, National Midget Series, and has been the recipient of honors like “Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year”.
Richard Lynn Stenhouse Jr.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. went to the DeSoto Central High School located near Olive Branch, Mississippi, where he spent most of his childhood and teens. He graduated from high school in 2006.
Professional stock car racing driver
- Father – Ricky Stenhouse Sr.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has dated –
- Danica Patrick (2012-2017) – In 2012, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. started dating fellow race car driver Danica Patrick. Their relationship was made public just a short while before they were all set to race in their NASCAR Cup Series rookie season in 2013. Then, in December 2017, Danica’s representative released a public statement revealing that they had decided to call time on their relationship. However, their breakup wasn’t much of a surprise as the rumors had been circulating for some time. And, after he decided to attend NASCAR’s annual awards on his own in November, these rumors reached a fevered pitch. It was reported by some tabloids that he was dumped by Danica, who had grown tired of him dragging his feet when it came to a marriage proposal.
- Madyson Goodfleisch – In November 2021, Ricky announced his engagement to Madyson Goodfleisch.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent chin
- Broad face
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has appeared in a TV commercial for Nationwide Insurance.
He is a devout Baptist.
Best Known For
His prolific success in the NASCAR Nationwide Series championships, which he won back to back in 2011 and 2012. He was even named “Rookie of the Year” in the competition in 2010.
First NASCAR Race
Ricky participated in his first NASCAR race in 2009.
First TV Show
In 2011, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. made his first TV show appearance in the Bubba Burger 250 episode of sports TV series, NASCAR on Speed.
Ricky relies on CrossFit style workouts to keep his fitness levels up. He has even set up a gym at his home to make sure that he doesn’t miss out on his scheduled workouts.
And, he relies on assistance from Rich Froning, who has won CrossFit games for 7 consecutive years from 2010 to 2016, to get most out of his workouts.
He has also made changes to his dietary intake. He has decided to switch his focus to healthy foods and has sacrificed his love of fried foods for the change. However, every now and then, he allows himself the pleasure of letting his strict diet plan slip and indulges in his cravings.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Favorite Things
- Food – Sweet and spicy Southern gourmet-type cuisine
- College Football Team – Ole Miss Rebels
- Asphalt Track – Bristol Motor Speedway
- Sports Blog – With Leather
- Meal On The Road – Steak
- Country Singer – Garth Brooks
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Facts
- He started participating in kart racing at the age of 6 and by the time he had moved to sprint car racing in 2003, he had managed to win 47 races and had achieved 90 podium finishes.
- He started racing at the age of 3. It was at that age, he started racing bikes.
- In 2012, he formed his racing team by the name of Stenhouse Jr. Racing and fielded the number 41 car in the American Sprint Car Series (ASCS).
- In 2017, he collaborated with Matt Wood for Stenhouse Jr.-Wood Racing team. They chose Joey Saldana to drive the #17w car in the World of Outlaws sprint car series.
Featured Image by Sarah Stierch / Wikimedia / CC BY-4.0