Danica Sue Patrick
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Danica Patrick went to the Hononegah Community High School in Rockton. She eventually dropped out of high school. However, she did manage to earn her GED certification.
She also took classes at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in Napa Valley.
Racing driver, Model, and Advertising spokeswoman
- Father – Terry Joseph Patrick Jr. (Drives Danica’s motor coach and manages her website and merchandise trailer)
- Mother – Beverly Ann Patrick (Manages Danica’s business affairs)
- Siblings – Brooke Patrick (Younger Sister)
- Others – Terry Jose Patrick (Paternal Grandfather), Barbara June Patten (Paternal Grandmother), Albert Flaten (Maternal Grandfather), Audrey Glenda Kvien (Maternal Grandmother)
Danica Patrick is represented by –
- Danica Racing, Inc
- IMG talent agency
- Excel Sports Management
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Danica Patrick has dated –
- Paul Edward Hospenthal (2004-2013) – Danica started going out with physical therapist Paul Edward Hospenthal in 2004. In 2005, they got married in a small and romantic ceremony. In November 2012, Patrick took to her Facebook page to reveal that they were going to end their 7 years old marriage. Their divorce was finalized in 2013.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (2012-2017) – Danica started going out with the professional racing driver, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. in 2012. In December 2017, her representative released a public statement revealing that they were no longer together. The rumors of their breakup had been circulating for a month and were further fired up after he attended NASCAR’s annual awards all alone in November. Some leading tabloids such as TMZ claimed that Danica had decided to pull the plug on their relationship because she was tired of waiting for Ricky to propose to her.
Race / Ethnicity
On her mother’s side, she has Norwegian ancestry. While, on her father’s side, she has Italian (Sicilian), English, Irish and Swiss-German ancestry.
- Petite figure
- Strong jawline
Danica Patrick has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Secret deodorant
- Honda Civic Coupe
- The C Foundation
- Hostess’ Twinkies snack cakes and The Twinkie Cookbook
- Motorola electronics
- ESPN’s SportsCenter
- Mr. Clean Windshield Wash and Wiper Blades product
- Meijer Stores
- Tissot watches
- Samsonite luggage
- Argent Mortgage
- Marquis Jet
- Sprint Palm Pre
- Kaenon Polarized
- Boost Mobile
- O*P*I’s GelColor nail polishes
- Health Sciences USA, Inc.’s Six Star Pro Nutrition
- Talladega Superspeedway
- Nationwide Insurance
- Aspen Dental
After her marriage to Paul Hospenthal, she got converted to Catholicism. However, it is not known how devout she has been after their divorce.
Best Known For
- Being the most successful woman in the American open-wheel racing discipline.
- Having dabbled in other driving and racing disciplines such as Kart racing and Formula Ford.
First Professional Race
- Danica made her IndyCar competitive debut in 2005 season.
- She made her Formula Vauxhall Winter Series debut in 1998.
- She first competed in the Formula Ford Championship in 2000.
Danica Patrick hasn’t done any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In October 2003, she made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Last Call with Carson Daly.
Danica Patrick works hard on her body to ensure that she keeps setting new benchmarks in her sport. She usually works out in mid-morning or mid-afternoon and if she feels interested, she might workout both times.
She has also eliminated her long cardio sessions. In fact, she makes sure that she doesn’t run longer than 5-10 minutes. For her cardio needs, she mostly relies on interval style workouts in which she might run for 30 seconds and rest for next 30 seconds or rest for 30 seconds and run for a minute. If she wants to make her cardio bit more intense, she might add a couple of bodyweight exercises such as burpees, alternating lunges, or squats.
For her strength training, she mostly relies on CrossFit or cross-training style workouts. She usually schedules her lifting sessions once a week. For her lifting sessions, she mostly relies on Olympic style big lifts such as deadlifts, squats, push press, and cleans. She regularly performs yoga. Sometimes, her yoga sessions can stretch on for 2 hours.
Overall, her focus is on eating a lot of meat, fruits, veggies, and some fish. She also drinks a lot of water throughout the day.
Danica Patrick Favorite Things
- CrossFit Exercise – Burpees
- Workout Music – Trevor Hall, Beyoncé, and Old-school rap
- Breakfast Spot – Tempo Café in Chicago
- Dinner Spot – Tru in Chicago
- CrossFit Workout – Helen (3 miles of 300-meter run, then 21 kettlebell swings, and 3 times pull-ups)
- Beauty Products – La Mer active serum, La Mer Renewal Oil, and La Mer Eye Concentrate
- Cities for Food – Napa Valley, Cabo, Chicago
- Comfort Food – Waffle House with some hash browns, eggs, and bacon
- Food Item – Sweet Potato
Source – Sports Illustrated, The New Potato, Cooking Light
Danica Patrick Facts
- When she finished in the 2nd spot at the 2000 Formula Ford Festival in England, she became first American driver (both male and female) to achieve such high finish in the race.
- In 2006, she was included in the People Magazine‘s list featuring 100 Most Beautiful People.
- In 2006, Danica was placed on the #42 spot by the FHM magazine in the list featuring 100 Sexiest Women in the World.
- To further her racing career, she moved to England at the age of 16. As she was American and female, she had to face a stern opposition over there. During her time in England, she even competed against future Formula One world champion Jenson Button.
- In 2007, she was placed on the 69th spot in the Hot 100 list compiled by Maxim magazine. She slipped to #91 on the following year’s list.
- When she was included at the 9th spot in 2008 in the list of highest-earning athletes by Forbes, she became the first female athlete that wasn’t a golf or tennis player to be featured on the list.
- She has been often targeted by distractors during her professional career. The former NASCAR driver Kyle Petty called her just a marketing tool, while some others claimed that her low body weight gave her unfair advantage.
- She was included as a playable character in the kart racing video game, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. She had lent her voice to the character too.
- In May 2006, she published her autobiography, Danica: Crossing the Line.
- When she won the Indy Japan 300 competition in 2008, she became the first woman to have won in an IndyCar Series race. She is also the first woman to have achieved third place in the 2009 Indianapolis 500.
- Danica has been named as the celebrity spokesperson of the DRIVE4COPD, which is a national public health campaign that aims to raise awareness about Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- She has done a lot of charity and activism work for the breast cancer research.
- She used to be a cheerleader while studying at the Hononegah Community High School.
- Danica Patrick has released her clothing line under the label of Warrior.
- She is the owner of the wine label known as Somnium. Their first release was Cabernet Sauvignon, which was released in 2014 and had 210 cases.
- She started participating in go-karting at the age of 10 in 1992. In fact, she had gone along because of her sister’s passion for go-karting, who ironically lost interest in it later.
- While growing up, she used to work as a babysitter for the family down the road.
- Visit her official website @ danicapatrick.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, and Pinterest.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0