|Rebecca De Mornay Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 29, 1959|
Rebecca De Mornay is an American actress, producer, and director known for her roles in shows and movies such as Mrs. Mott/Peyton Flanders in The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, Thelma in The Trip to Bountiful, Dorothy Walker in Jessica Jones, Wendy Torrance in The Shining, Milady de Winter in The Three Musketeers, and Elizabeth Parris in The Salem Witch Trials.
Rebecca Jane Pearch
Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California, United States
Rebecca De Mornay studied at Summerhill School located in Leiston, Suffolk, England. Later, she took acting lessons at the Lee Strasberg Institute located in New York.
Actress, Producer, Director
- Father – Wally George (né George Walter Pearch) (Talk Show Host, Radio Commentator, Disc Jockey)
- Mother – Julie (née Eagar)
- Siblings – Rebecca De Mornay is an only child.
- Others – Walter George Pearch (Paternal Grandfather) (Worked in the marine shipping industry), Eugenia Clinchard (Paternal Grandmother) (Child Actress, Vaudeville Performer), Frederick Balbach Clinchard (Paternal Great Grandfather), Elsie B. (Honnef) (Paternal Great Grandmother), Debtralynne Salas (Paternal Half-Sister), Walter George Pearch, Jr. (Paternal Half-Brother), Kerry Walter George (Paternal Half-Brother), Kimberley Jennifer (Paternal Half-Sister), Holly Janise George (Paternal Half-Sister), Richard De Mornay (Stepfather)
Rebecca De Mornay is represented by The Gersh Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rebecca De Mornay has dated –
- Michael J. Fox
- Harry Dean Stanton (1981-1983)
- Tom Cruise (1982-1985)
- Jon Voight (1984-1985)
- Richard Cox (1985-1986)
- Tom Conti (1986-1987)
- Bruce Wagner (1986-1990) – On December 16, 1986, she got married to the novelist and screenwriter, Bruce Wagner. However, the marriage ended in divorce in 1990.
- Leonard Cohen (1990-1993) – She dated Canadian singer, songwriter, poet, and novelist, Leonard Cohen, between the years 1990 and 1993 and they were also engaged for a short while.
- Powers Boothe (1990)
- Patrick O’Neal (1995-2002) – In 1995, Rebecca De Mornay started going out with former actor and sports reporter, Patrick O’Neal, and they parent 2 daughters, namely, Sophia De Mornay-O’Neal (b. November 16, 1997) and Veronica De Mornay-O’Neal (b. March 31, 2001). The couple parted ways in 2002.
- Bruce Davison (2003-2004)
- Alan Finkelstein (2005-2007)
- Toby Emmerich (2007)
Race / Ethnicity
Rebecca De Mornay is of English, German, and French descent.
- Often sports forehead bangs
- Chiseled facial features
Rebecca De Mornay Facts
- Her parents divorced when she was just 2 years old.
- She was 5 years old when she took the surname of her stepfather.
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of an understudy in the musical film, One from the Heart, in 1981.
- Rebecca De Mornay made her first TV show appearance as Slew Foot Sue in an episode titled Pecos Bill of the folklore anthology series, Tall Tales & Legends, in 1986.
- She was considered for the role of Tinker Bell in the 1991 fantasy adventure film, Hook, but the role later went to Julia Roberts.
- She starred as Mrs. Mott/Peyton Flanders in the 1992 psychological thriller film, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, alongside Annabella Sciorra, Matt McCoy, and Ernie Hudson. For this role, Rebecca De Mornay won the MTV Movie Award for “Best Villain”.
- She is well-versed in German.
- From 2015 to 2019, Rebecca De Mornay played the role of Dorothy Walker in the detective neo-noir superhero crime drama web television series, Jessica Jones.
- As a producer, she has worked on projects like A Table for One, Never Talk to Strangers, and The Winner.
Featured Image by Sara Morishige Williams / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0