|Rila Fukushima Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rila Fukushima is a Japanese fashion model and actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Yukio in The Wolverine, Red-robed Geisha in Ghost in the Shell, Tatsu Yamashiro in Arrow, and Minami Shirakawa in Million Yen Women. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Gunshi Kanbei, Game of Thrones, S.W.A.T, Blindspot, Annette, Terra Formars, Karma: A Very Twisted Love Story, and many more.
Kyushu Island, Japan
Rila went to the high school and after that, she went to college where she studied music for two years.
Model and actress
She is signed with these agencies –
- Marilyn Agency – Paris
- Why Not Model Agency
- Trump Model Management
- Image Models, Tokyo
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rila has dated –
- Naoto Takenaka – She was rumored to be dating Naoto Takenaka, who is a multi-talented Japanese actor and comedian, singer, and director.
Race / Ethnicity
- Angular face
- Wavy hair
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
She has advertised for Aveda, BCBG Max Azria, Belvedere Vodka, Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein ‘CK ONE’ Fragrance, D&G, Diesel, GAP, Glow Naked, Kohl’s, Moschino, Puma, Report Footwear, Sephora, Swarovski, Vera Wang, Vivienne Tam, and others.
Best Known For
- Her role in The Wolverine as Hugh Jackman’s sidekick Yukio in 2013.
- Playing Tatsu Yamashiro / Katana in the crime adventure series Arrow from 2014 to 2016.
Rila had her theatrical film debut in the sci-fi action film The Wolverine in the role of Yukio.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance was on the talk show Made in Hollywood in 2013.
She skips the rope, rides a unicycle and goes for horse riding as a form of exercise. She loves to stay healthy and to that end, she has developed many hobbies such as Taekwondo, and playing golf and tennis.
Not just that, she also likes to dance and practice martial arts for it has therapeutic qualities.
Rila Fukushima Favorite Things
- Shoe Designer And Couturier – Azzedine Alaia
- Animal – Cats, Dogs, and Horses
- Singer – Billy Joel
- Food – Pizza
- Fragrances – Aroma therapy associate
- Flowers – Roses and Chrysanthemums
- Beverage – Coffee
- Fruits – Oranges
- Festival – Christmas
- Movie – Star Wars
- Photographer – Irving Penn
- Movies – Run Lola Run, Lost in Paris
- Models – Naomi Campbell, Claudia Schiffer
Source – Twitter, Twitter, Instagram, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Variety, Vogue
Rila Fukushima Facts
- She was named the Vogue Japan Woman of the Year in 2013.
- She often speaks in the favor of sustainable clothing.
- She has served as a part of the BoF500 community which stands for ‘Business of Fashion’.
- Rila holds sentimental value in her heart for certain things.
- She is a fan of silhouette photography.
- Her first idea was to become a model agent, but she ended up becoming a model herself.
- Her style is casually comfortable while still being impressive. She is inspired by vintage styles.
- She says her dream role would be to work in a movie directed by Denis Villeneuve.
- Her superpower of choice would be reading people’s minds.
- Visit her official website @ rilafukushima.com.
Featured Image by Rila Fukushima / Instagram