|Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1973|
Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is an American playwright, screenwriter, and comic book writer who has worked as the writer and executive producer of TV shows such as Big Love (2009-2011), Glee (2011-2014), Looking (2015), and Supergirl (2015-2016). In addition to the aforementioned roles, he has also been the creator/showrunner of TV series such as Riverdale (2017-Present), Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (2018-2020), and Katy Keene (2020). He has also written for several issues and editions of Marvel Comics as well as Archie Comics, and in 2013, he was appointed as the ‘Chief Creative Officer’ of the latter. Besides that, he has written and published numerous short stories and plays and has also written the screenplay of the supernatural horror drama film Carrie (2013) and the slasher film The Town That Dreaded Sundown (2014).
Washington, D.C., United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Roberto, after his high school graduation, had attained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. He had then earned a Masters Degree in English literature from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, before graduating from the Yale School of Drama in 2003.
Playwright, Screenwriter, Comic Book Writer
- Father – Francisco Javier Aguirre Sacasa (Former Diplomat, Former Nicaraguan Ambassador to the United States, Nicaragua’s Foreign Minister from 2000 to 2002)
- Mother – Maria de Los Angeles Sacasa Gómez
- Others – Rafael Sacasa y Sacasa (Maternal Great Grandfather) (President of Nicaragua, from 1889 to 1891, and from 1891 to 1893), Francisco Aguirre Baca (Paternal Grandfather), Gladys Sacasa Salinas (Paternal Grandmother), Roberto Sacasa Argüello (Maternal Grandfather), Fermina Zenaida Gómez Argüello (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
He is of Nicaraguan (Spanish), along with part French, Basque, 1/64th English, and distant Italian descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Has moles on his cheek
- Cheerful smile
Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa Facts
- Roberto, through his mother, is a distant relative of Silvestre Selva Sacasa who had served as the 17th President of Nicaragua, as well as Benjamín Lacayo Sacasa who had served as the 67th President of Nicaragua.
- He was heavily inclined towards literature from a very young age and was also a comic book nerd as a teenager. While in high school, he used to write a lot of plays but the defining moment for him as a writer came when he had attended a week-long playwriting workshop under renowned playwright/academic Paula Vogel, while he was working as a publicist at the Shakespeare Theatre, in Washington, D.C.
- He is also a distant relative of American actress Madeleine Stowe, through their common descent from Mariano Ignacio de Montealegre y Balmaceda, and from Mariano’s wife, Manuela Casimira de Romero y Sáenz Vásquez de Quintanilla y Bonilla.
- His elevation, in 2013, from a writer to the ‘Chief Creative Officer’ of Archie Comics, had come after he had created the comic book Afterlife with Archie, which had depicted the lead character of Archie Andrews in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. The book was an overnight success and was also the company’s first title to be rated ‘TEEN+’.
Featured Image by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa / Instagram