|Robin Schulz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1987|
Robin Schulz is a German DJ, musician, and record producer, best known for songs and remixes that typically feature manually-played guitar riffs mixed in. Even though he started doing music via SoundCloud before 2014, on February 4 of that year, he released a remix of a song Waves by Mr. Probz, originally performed in hip hop style, now turned house music, which is where his international career started. The remix also brought Robin a nomination for “Best Remixed Recording”, and “Best Non-Classical Song” at the 57th Grammy Awards, held on February 8, 2015.
The next single was a collaboration with the folk-pop duo Lilly Wood and the Prick, a track named Prayer in C, released on June 6, 2014, which topped remix charts in Europe and the United States. After those 2 singles achieved significant success, he released Willst Du on August 22, 2014, and collaborated with the British singer Jasmine Thompson a few months later, on a song titled Sun Goes Down. After reaching a wide international success, he surprised the audience and the critics positively when he released a single titled Shed a Light in collaboration with a well-known DJ, David Guetta, on November 24, 2016.
Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
DJ, Musician, Record Producer
- Mother – Ilse Regine Schulz
Robin Schulz is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Management, Los Angeles, California, United States)
- Stefan Dabruck Management, Frankfurt, Germany
Deep House, House, Tropical House, Future House
Keyboards, Guitar, Mixer, Drum Machine, Turntable System, Synthesizer
- Warner Music Group
- Lausbuben Records
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Robin is of German descent.
- Undercut haircut
- Often wears sunglasses
- Often wears hats and snapbacks
- Goatee and mustache facial hair
Robin Schulz has endorsed his own fashion line titled Q/S Designed by Robin Schulz in 2017.
Best Known For
- His remix of Waves, an original song by Mr. Probz that he made faster and more upbeat in 2014
- Collaboration with the duo Lilly Wood and the Prick on June 2014, which resulted in a hit song Prayer in C
- Releasing a song titled Headlights in collaboration with an American singer and songwriter Isley on April 3, 2015
- Worldwide hits Sugar (2015), Show Me Love (2015), and Shed a Light (2016), performed with David Guetta
His first studio album was named Prayer and was officially released on September 19, 2014. It consisted of various singles that were released between in 2013 and 2014, such as his remix of the song Waves by Mr. Probz in a faster, up-tempo fashion that became the lead single, after which songs such as Prayer in C, Willst Du, and Sun Goes Down were added to the album.
Robin Schulz Favorite Things
- Activity – Traveling
- Animal – Dog
- Sport – Tennis
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Robin Schulz Facts
- His remix of Waves by Mr. Probz was a worldwide success, topping charts in Germany, his home country, as well as Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Norway, and reaching a top 5 spot in Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Denmark, and Italy.
- He co-founded a recording label named Lausbuben Records in 2013 with artists Daniel Bruns and Christopher Noble.
- Chris Brown, an American singer, and T.I., an American rapper, released an alternative version of Robin’s remix of Waves on November 11, 2014.
- His 4th song, Sun Goes Down, made in collaboration with Jasmine Thompson was released on October 24, 2014. It reached number 2 in Germany, and number 3 in Poland, Austria, and Switzerland.
- On July 17, 2015, Robin Schulz went on to release a song titled Sugar on YouTube and other platforms. He worked on it with the Canadian singer Francesco Yates, and the song achieved major success in Europe, and a moderate one in Canada and the United States.
- Robin’s 2nd studio album was titled Sugar, based on the name of his single, and was released on September 25, 2015. Not a lot after that, he uploaded a music video for Show Me Love featuring Richard Judge, an English singer, to his YouTube channel.
- In addition to David Guetta, a well known French DJ, a trio of DJs under the name Cheat Codes collaborated with Robin on his Shed a Light single from November 2016. 2 of the members were behind the production, while 1 was doing vocals.
- Ever since October 2016, Robin has teased his fans on YouTube with a biography film titled Robin Schulz – The Movie. The movie was uploaded in full length of 1.5 hours on March 1, 2017. It featured Robin’s initial success with his 1st album Prayer (2014) and went on to follow his work up to the point of its release in 2017.
- Well-known DJs, producers, musicians, and music groups such as Oliver Heldens, group Lost Frequencies, DJ duo Axwell and Ingrosso, and Sam Feldt were interviewed in Robin’s documentary film and praised his success in such a short period of time.
- His 3rd studio album, Uncovered, was released on September 29, 2017, under Tonspiel and Warner Music Group recording labels. It included his duet with David Guetta, but also a song titled OK in collaboration with James Blunt, I Believe I’m Fine with Hugel, Oh Child with Piso 21 (2018), as well as Unforgettable, that he made in collaboration with an American singer and songwriter, Marc Scibilia in 2018.
- In 2014, Robin did a remix of A Sky Full of Stars, originally a song by Coldplay, as well as Dangerous, which was originally a collaboration between Sam Martin and David Guetta.
- 2015 was marked by Schulz’s remixes of Rudimental and Ed Sheeran‘s song Lay It All on Me, as well as Bang My Head, performed by Sia and Fetty Wap.
- In early 2016, Robin Schulz made a highly praised remix of 2U, a song originally performed by Justin Bieber and David Guetta.
- On November 16, 2018, Robin released a non-album single titled Speechless, featuring Erika Sirola. He also made a remix of David Guetta and Sia’s song Flames, as well as Bebe Rexha‘s I’m a Mess single the same year.
- In early 2019, he remixed a hit single by Rag’n’Bone Man and Calvin Harris titled Giant.
- Visit his official website @ robin-schulz.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Spotify.
Featured Image by Robin Schulz / Instagram