|Shakira Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1977|
Shakira is one of the most famous singers apart from being a dancer, songwriter, businesswoman, philanthropist, and a record producer from Colombia. Honored with numerous awards, including the Grammys, Latin Grammy, MTV Video Music Awards and more, Shakira is known by all worldwide. Her songs such as Hips Don’t Lie, Beautiful Lier, Loca, Waka Waka, Chantaje and more were ranked at #1 position in multiple countries. Shakira was a coach on The Voice, a singing competition for 2 seasons (4 and 6) from 2013 to 2014.
She made her recording debut at the age of 13 under Sony Music Colombia. Her first two Colombian albums were Magia (1991) and Peligro (1993). Her albums Pies Descalzos (1995) and Dónde Están los Ladrones? (1998) fetched her recognition in Spanish-speaking countries.
Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll
Shakira went to La Ensenanza School, Barranquilla and other Catholic schools.
Later, at UCLA Extensions, she attended a summer class and studied courses on the History of Western Civilization.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Model, Choreographer, Record Producer
- Father – William Mebarak Chadid
- Mother – Nidia Ripoll
- Siblings – None
- Others – Tonino Mebarak (Older Half-Brother), Patricia Mebarak (Older Half-Sister) (Special Education Teacher), Moises Mebarak (Older Half-Brother), Lucy Mebarak (Older Half-Sister) (Surgeon), Antonio Mebarak (Older Half-Brother), Ana Mebarak (Older Half-Sister), Alberto Mebarak (Older Half-Brother) (Lawyer), Edward Mebarak (Older Half-Brother), Robin Mebarak (Older Half-Brother)
Shakira is signed with these agencies –
- Roc Nation
- Richard De La Font
Pop, Latin pop, folk, rock en español, dance, world
Vocals, percussion, guitar, drums, harmonica
Columbia, Epic, Live Nation, RCA Records, Sony Music Latin
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Antonio de la Rúa (2000-2011) – In 2000, Shakira started dating Antonio (is a Lawyer and Oldest son of former Argentine President Fernando De la Rúa) and this relationship went long for 11 years. Antonio proposed Shakira in March 2001 and they started living together as married couples. But, this relationship also saw an end in August 2010. This separation was told by Shakira on January 10, 2011.
- Gerard Pique (2011-Present) – On March 29, 2011, Shakira told about her new boyfriend via Twitter, who is a Spanish footballer and plays at center back for FC Barcelona. On January 22, 2013, Shakira gave birth to a baby boy, named Milan Piqué Mebarak in Barcelona, Spain where they live. Later, on January 29, 2015, the couple welcomed the second child, son Sasha Piqué Mebarak.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Lebanese ancestry on her dad’s side while she is of Italian and Spanish descent on her mom’s side.
She has naturally has Dark Brown hair.
- Curly hair
- Petite short frame
34-24-37 in or 87-61-94 cm
Reebok (2002), Panasonic (2007), Crest (2013), Oral B (2013), etc.
Best Known For
Her dancing hips, belly dancing, and 2000s hit “Hips Don’t Lie”.
Magia was released on June 24, 1991, but recorded in 1990 (When she was 13 years old) with Sony Music Colombia.
1996 film El Oasis for her role as Luisa Maria.
Shakira Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Pancakes with Jam
- Favorite TV Programs – Scrubs (2001-2010), It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005)
- Favorite Animal – Horse
- Favorite Band – U2, The Police
- Favorite Latin Band – Soda Stereo
- Favorite Music Type – Merengue
- Favorite Actor – Hugh Grant
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Flowers – Daisy and Sunflower
- Favorite Sport – Skateboarding and Frisbee
- Favorite Author – Oriana Fallaci
- Favorite Book – The Prophet (Khalil Gibran)
- Favorite Perfume – Issey Miyake Perfumes
- Favorite Sweets – Chocolate balls
- Favorite Fruit – Mango
- Favorite Song – With or Without You (U2)
- Shakira knows native Spanish, fluent English and Portuguese and some Italian, French, Catalan and Arabic.
- Shakira likes to paint fried eggs, watch horror movies and collect rings but hates alcohol, coffee, candy and even jewelry.
- Shakira is a cousin of model and 2005–2006 Miss Colombia, Valerie Domínguez.
- Shakira began her own beauty line “S by Shakira” with parent company Puig in 2010.
- Shakira is a philanthropist too. In 1995, she founded “Pies Descalzos Foundation”, which is a charity with special schools for poor Colombian children.
- Shakira likes history very much and learns the history and language of the countries, she visits.
- Shakira (feminine of Shakir) is in Arabic which means, grateful or full of grace.
- When she was 2, her oldest half-brother got hit by a car (driven by a drunk man) while he was riding his motorcycle and died in the crash.
- Mattel has made many Barbie Dolls based on Shakira’s look.
- John Lennon‘s music greatly influenced Shakira.
- She is blessed with a perfect pitch. She can sing any note without a prior hearing or recognize any note just by hearing it.
- She fired her beauty staff after deciding that she had become too obsessed with her appearance.
- Shakira owns houses in the Bahamas, Barcelona (Spain), Miami, and Barranquilla (Colombia).
- Shakira learned the art of Arabian belly dancing from her Lebanese grandmother. Her grandmother wanted her to stay true to the roots of the Middle East.
- She has 3 dogs, namely, Coquito, Chan, and Gordita.
- Shakira is a big fan of Indian (Bollywood) music and movies. Her performance in the 2006 MTV Video Awards was choreographed by Indian choreographer Farah Khan. It was one of her most memorable performances and she performed in the traditional Indian clothing.
- Visit her official website @ shakira.com.
- Connect with Shakira on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, Tumblr, Pinterest, and iTunes.